Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

How do I make my own levels for Brutal Doom 64?

I can't seem to figure out how to get any of the textures or sprites/actors to show up in Doom builder. I have tried adding the pk3 files from the Brutal Doom 64 mod as resources but it doesn't seem to do anything. It's a shame because I wanted to make myself a simple deathmatch map to mess around on.

Is there no way to make your own maps for Brutal Doom 64?

EDIT: I have figured out how to load the sprites/weapons/enemies but I can't find the textures :/

Edited by hardcore_gamer

Making levels with the way the resources were put together in that mod would be a disaster and there's no wonder it wouldn't work.

5 hours ago, Nevander said:

Making levels with the way the resources were put together in that mod would be a disaster and there's no wonder it wouldn't work.

No shit. Now I can't even load the sprites anymore and just get a bunch of errors when I load all the pk3's. Fuark.

Is there any way to exact the resources so that it becomes possible to make the maps?

EDIT: I sorta got around the problem, but still not really. I just downlodad my own texture pack that fits the Doom 64 theme and am making my own levels using that. Not exactly ideal but it works. I am using the Dark forces texture pack which goes really well with the Doom 64 sprites. It's actually kinda better than the defautl Doom 64 textures honestly. Level reminds me of Doom 3 so far :)

Edited by hardcore_gamer