Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Favorite Guitar Riff fest!

How the hell does one choose? Anyhow first thing to pop into my brain is Iron Maiden's Afraid To Shoot Strangers. It really starts about 2:44. I love this song so much.

11 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

How the hell does one choose? Anyhow first thing to pop into my brain is Iron Maiden's Afraid To Shoot Strangers. It really starts about 2:44. I love this song so much.

Wow, that is a fantastic riff indeed. Really complex, moody and melodic. Nice, I've never heard this Maiden song before. Great pick.

great choice @Doom_Dude, Iron Maiden scratches that itch like nothing else. that whole album is great (Be Quick Or Be Dead/From Here to Eternity/Fugitive), plus the title track is brilliant:

Yes, that whole album is great. So anyhow I was playing some random songs this morning and remembered this song from Mahogany Rush. The riff I love in this one starts around the 2:00 mark. Check it out.

Speaking of RUSH, this song is full of great riffs and guitar solos. One of the best things the band ever did:

Anyone that spent a portion of their adolescence watching Jackass has probably had this stuck in their head at some point.  I'm not familiar with anything else this band has done,  but this is one of the catchiest riffs ever recorded.

Go to the 4:00 mark in the Dark Fortress video...I remember what I was doing the first time I heard this riff.  I was going on a walk through my neighborhood and had my headphones on listening to Coffinworm Radio on Pandora.  This riff is so haunting...I would love to hear it in a horror oriented doom map.

The top video is just a random Funeral Doom metal song I found that has one of the most (I can only describe it as) apocalyptic sounding guitar riffs I have ever heard.

These are some of the best psychedelic rock riffs I've ever heard. Really warm and provocative... reminds me of summer:

I'm totally going to surprise everyone with my pick. /sarcasm

Anyway, here thou goeth.

Good luck getting a favorite from me, but here are three I enjoy at this moment in time.

The riffs in the beginning of this song have been stuck in my head all day.  I so glad I bought this album.  KNOW WHAT?!

Been really into the 80's speed metal stuff lately. Great band.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:35 AM, Ed said:

Anyone that spent a portion of their adolescence watching Jackass has probably had this stuck in their head at some point.  I'm not familiar with anything else this band has done,  but this is one of the catchiest riffs ever recorded.

Man, that riff is heavy as hell. One of my favorite songs in my teenage years. I found a perfect MIDI of it and used it in Doomkid's Deathmatch 4 but it's so badass I think deserves a second spin on a less obscure wad release.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:53 PM, RUSH said:

Been really into the 80's speed metal stuff lately. Great band.

Probably my favourite speed metal song of all time. 

56 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Probably my favourite speed metal song of all time. 

Probably my favourite Agent Steel song too hehe.

Related band to Agent Steel too, freaking good

@YukiRaven with the threadsurrection!  Woohoo!  I forgot about this thread, and am happy to see it again.  Sol here's some love.

Atmospheric instrumental doom metal band from Chicago.

Go to 2:34 for the riff in question, but this whole album is amazing.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the iconic riff from Smoke on the Water

[For Doomkid's benefit:

"Frank Zappa and the Mothers

Were at the best place around...."]

16 minutes ago, ReX said:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the iconic riff from Smoke on the Water

[For Doomkid's benefit:

"Frank Zappa and the Mothers

Were at the best place around...."]

So few people actually listen to the song and realize that whole thing refers to the fire at a Zappa gig. Great song!

That's actually the only part I can think of from that song. ...and "smoke on the water" of course (there's ketchup on your fries?)

Good old Blackmore, Smoke on the Water is certainly iconic, and GRB has already posted some of his work with Rainbow, but there's one missing...

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

So few people actually listen to the song and realize that whole thing refers to the fire at a Zappa gig. Great song!

Fucking flareguns, am I right?