Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackMetalChainsaw

Synthwave Doom Mega Wad: UPDATE

This looks awesome. I remember your initial screenshots were promising too, but everything really seems to be coming together now.

Ooh, now THIS looks fucking sweet! Definitely keeping my eyes on this. 

3 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Out of curiosity, what format are you mapping for? 

I think they use udmf ,because of 3d floors.

Anyway,I would love to see texture pack combined with megawad. It looks cool. Doom needs colours like this.

On 2017-05-04 at 4:20 PM, Pure Hellspawn said:

love the screenshots! how many maps are going to be in this project?

A megawad. I know about this,because they post about their wad in doom groups in fb. You should check it. 

May be it needs some new monsters/things? To match the textures.

Have to say, to build whole megawad by self it's very time-consuming, need plenty ideas, and also can be tiresome. Many people started their projects but later they are abandoned them.

It looks fantastic but I would recommend studying some wads with challenging and clever traps to improve the combat a bit.

It's a challenge building such a nice appearance whilst also having clever mechanisms and trap placement, I have one map right now where it's had me stuck for a while trying to get it right.

good color

video looked easy as hell, make it much harder (and interesting). fill up those rooms with something challenging instead of 1 imp per square mile

Ooh boy, can't wait. You could ask M.O.O.N. for some songs that could fit in. Hydrogen comes in mind.

It looks like a beautiful wad is being made here.

Also, is the song in the video you posted from Hotline Miami? I am asking, because I loved those 2 games and it reminds me quite a bit, but I am not 100% sure.

Awesomeness. Just needs some neon-lit city maps with horror/satanic elements thrown in with the dark future/cyberpunk stuff. (esp. if you have Perturbator's backing)

I am using UDMF, and the song is "Future Club" by Perturbator... I'm not sure if it is on Hotling Miami as I haven't listened to the whole OST. But I know that there are Perturbator songs on that OST. I was just told about M.O.O.N by my team mate Camoduke. I may in fact do so. 

When I made this video, I was making it to show off the look, not how many enemies would be in the map. I added them in last minute to make the video more interesting. Thank you though. I promise that I wouldn't leave that big of a space without a decent amount of enemies.

As for HUDs, powerups, enemies and such. I will have to work on it later. I have been focusing on the maps for now and I will eventually make some cool ass shit to put with it. I have had an idea for a custom HUD since I began working. 

Thanks everyone!

Future Club was used in Hotline Miami 2.

It's awesome that Perturbator let you use some of his music, by the way. I was hoping to do the same for a project in the future ;)

Looking forward to this, great concept and cool looking execution. I also liked that early stuff you showed a while ago that looked sort of like it was set in a night club or something like that.

is there a link to the soundtrack wad? i already love the music and im thinking of listening to it while i play back to saturn x