Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Forums are dead

When do we get the ability to like likes?

#ridingcoattails

Also hashtags.

when Nietzsche said god is dead, he didn't mean god actually died or never existed. what he meant was there needed to be a revolution in morality for the modern age, for the industrial society we were living in. So you can draw a parallel from that. Forums aren't actually dead but they are changing in character due to the rise of social networking

7 minutes ago, Cupboard said:

when Nietzsche said god is dead, he didn't mean god actually died or never existed. what he meant was there needed to be a revolution in morality for the modern age, for the industrial society we were living in. So you can draw a parallel from that. Forums aren't actually dead but they are changing in character due to the rise of social networking

That may be so, but haven't you heard that Gamers Are Dead which means that they literally want to kill gamers?

Our slow and evident decay is trending.

Also liek plz since I don't want to look like I'm pretending to feign the illusion of not doing this for liekz.

I do agree that having likes in general will promote shit-posting in some form or another, I don't think it "destroys" this forum or anything. I don't like it, but I just try to ignore that stuff in general (just like on Facebook and such websites).

When it comes to people's reputation, I much rather look at their joining dates. Not because new-comers don't have any credibility, mind you, but because I think it's interesting to know what else older members have contributed to the Doom community throughout the years.

I'm shocked to read Nietzsche in the same sentence as Social Media, since I use neither.

Social media = peeps sending messages via phone to peeps sitting across the table.

Nietzsche is actually dead; and I think it is better to think for oneself, rather than to try understand what other might have thought.

New forum looks alive, but I show here like once a year or less.

1 hour ago, Breezeep said:

Jeez, some people just need to get with the times.

That's a lousy argument. Sticking with something that works doesn't mean that people are necessarily 'offended' by something newer. It just means that they don't see the practicality of going through the hassle of "upgrading".

Windows 10 is a good example of a new system that a lot of people are willing to "upgrade" to, even though it adds almost no significant improvements to previous versions (besides the promise of a new DirectX, even though DirectX in general is shit and should die a horrible painful death), and can be considered a fairly major downgrade in a lot of regards. Yet a lot of people "upgrade" to Windows 10 because they want to be "with the times", as you put it.

8 hours ago, 40oz said:

Thank you everyone for reading my posts. I understand many of you are very happy here and disagree with my sentiments on this particular subject, and that is entirely ok. I dont feel any animosity towards any of you who think or feel differently. In fact, I'm rather optimistic.

You may now proceed to ride the coattails of this HOT! thread to post all the likebait you want. :)

I can imagine you'd feel very differently had you managed to gain power in this forum. I see your smile, but I can hear the passive-aggression coming from you a mile away.

(Responding to a post from a status about this thread, because I'll probably botch a link and not be able to edit it.) 

s5jP69g.png

That reminds me: There are a bunch of posts I made before the switch that would have been seen as 'very overt like farming' by that sort of person, if posted recently. Here is one early in this thread. I also drew this pic and shopped this one in threads I don't remember. This one for sure, which I literally made just to post in that thread. In response to the last pic in this post by Dragonfly and an ensuing discussion about how it was unrealistic, I posted this. This one too. Maybe even this oneThis thread for sure would be seen as a blatant like grab. And I can't even find a bunch of the posts I set out to link here.

(Please don't retroactively like any of these posts I've linked to, or this post either. Donate those likes to a local charity.) 

Edited by rdwpa

31 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

(Responding to a post from a status about this thread, because I'll probably botch a link and not be able to edit it.) 

s5jP69g.png

That reminds me: There are a bunch of posts I made before the switch that would have been seen as 'very overt like farming' by that sort of person, if posted recently. Here is one early in this thread. I also drew this pic and shopped this one in threads I don't remember. This one for sure, which I literally made just to post in that thread. In response to the last pic in this post by Dragonfly and an ensuing discussion about how it was unrealistic, I posted this. This one too. Maybe even this oneThis thread for sure would be seen as a blatant like grab. And I can't even find a bunch of the posts I set out to link here.

(Please don't retroactively like any of these posts I've linked to, or this post either. Donate those likes to a local charity.) 

Great post, great points, completely agree, A+

15 hours ago, esselfortium said:

I can't believe Doomworld is fucking dead

We're all actually revenants.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5 hours ago, Woolie Wool said:

Its all good, we all know Ling is secretly an arch-vile

40 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Its all good, we all know Ling is secretly an arch-vile

Well, he'd better *resurrect* this forum in that case. :]

21 hours ago, esselfortium said:

I can't believe Doomworld is fucking dead

NyIz3Rc.png

tDXt6CO.png

On the other hand, was it worth living in this Doomworld anymore?

10 hours ago, Woolie Wool said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

By the way, if I want to farm likes or whatever I'd do that by posting shit on status update. I only post if only I actually got something to say. Don't care much about rep points, I basically don't give a shit IRL so yeah. 

FB_IMG_14940273142691767.jpg

On 5.5.2017 at 8:41 AM, MysteriousHaruko said:

If forums are dead,why we are still here and comment this thread?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and ruin this discussion with logic. ;-)

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Maybe,we're in forums afterlife. Who knows :')

5 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Uh...In Doom, there's no logic. Screw the logic :D