Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Forums are dead

30 minutes ago, RUSH said:

Uhh, I've seen you (and others) allude to personal aspects of your life all the time. Not saying this is bad, or new (it isn't). But it's still a thing:

That's true, but I'd argue that this example of yours is relatively tame in comparison to things which are more emotional. Not to mention that nobody wants to hear any details in regards to my sexual life in a public thread (I think, but I could be wrong). If people were that interested in me, they could ask me via PM and see if they get an answer or not. I have no problem admitting I have several kinks, and I don't care if people think me a freak because of that, hence I have no issues hinting at things here and there. I mean, even my username is hinting at one of my kinks, or fetishes, or whatever you would like to call it.

However, these hints don't say anything about me as a person, they're not giving away how I feel. And when it comes to feelings, people should decide for themselves what they share, and that's what PMs are useful for. In fact, I'd even go as far as arguing that most of that is best kept away from "public", because there's always the occasional person in the right kind of mood to pour salt in open wounds, and it doesn't even have to be on purpose for that matter. That aside, keeping forums "drama free" makes them easier to read for everybody. Doubly so when you look at how many users registrated the past few months.

Even so, it's still a thing to some extent, and that won't ever change, because you'll have the occasional odd kitten like me around, ready and able to make things confusing and a bit "messy", which makes 40oz's point of view even less understandable on my end. To add to that, 40oz does some nice tutorials and whatnot, those are good reads, I also remember his thread in which he told us about how his dog is difficult to handle and why, there was some deep conversation going on as far as I am concerned. That being said, I wouldn't be able to make any actual sense of all this, if it wasn't for the outspoken desire for (arbitrary) controversy.

I mean, if you want controversy so bad, I can get you started easily. All you need to do is ask, and I'll get you something you can talk about for hours on end. No problem for me. ;-)

Anybody else see this thread title and immediately think of flight of the conchords?

Edited by AlexMax

The "Past Leaders" tab is very hard on the eyes. White background on light gray text?

What's up Doomworld?! CARRiON here with ANOTHER POST! AND REMEMBER to SMASH that like button and SUBSCRIBE.

If forums are dead,why we are still here and comment this thread?

9 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

If forums are dead,why we are still here and comment this thread?

Posting constantly, in this thread,  as a mean to resurrect the forum.

WTF does TFW mean? I appreciate I could Google this, but I figured I'd chip in as I've just read the entire thread.

My personal take on 40oz' (and Memfis') posting as of late is that they're a bit depressed or suffering from a persistent low mood... Or whatever. If your life is lacking meaning or dragging you down, it bleeds into everything you do.  So you get dissatisfied, post shit or get into arguments. I did it a while ago and then was nudged into withdrawing.

It's now better, as I'm not on here religiously and as my life has improved, I'm now taking more of an interest in Doom again. Hence the lurking. Probably helps that port development is really going places as of late. Any burnout from years of community projects would've gone by now too.

Projecting? Probably. Still won't hurt to stop being on the forum if you don't like it anymore.

I believe that TFW stands for "that face when". Or maybe it stands for "the fuck what". Not really sure.

The first time I saw 'tfw', it was used as "their face when", so that's what I've always thought it was.

Thank you everyone for reading my posts. I understand many of you are very happy here and disagree with my sentiments on this particular subject, and that is entirely ok. I dont feel any animosity towards any of you who think or feel differently. In fact, I'm rather optimistic.

You may now proceed to ride the coattails of this HOT! thread to post all the likebait you want. :)

2 hours ago, Phobus said:

My personal take on 40oz' (and Memfis') posting as of late is that they're a bit depressed or suffering from a persistent low mood... Or whatever. If your life is lacking meaning or dragging you down, it bleeds into everything you do.

Not sure about life, but Doom has certainly been boring lately. And it's a little heartbreaking because it used to be one of the best things ever, so it's hard to accept the fact that it's just not inspiring anymore. That's where the weird behavior comes from I guess. Cuz actually I'm known as a much nicer person in other communities where I don't feel like shitting on every parade. Maybe disappearing for a long time is really the solution. I can try.

everyone moves on eventually :)

id suggest taking a break (1 month?) from the game and community and see if it makes a difference (positive or negative) to your day-to-day

3 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Not sure about life, but Doom has certainly been boring lately. And it's a little heartbreaking because it used to be one of the best things ever, so it's hard to accept the fact that it's just not inspiring anymore. That's where the weird behavior comes from I guess. Cuz actually I'm known as a much nicer person in other communities where I don't feel like shitting on every parade. Maybe disappearing for a long time is really the solution. I can try.

Then tell me...what were your thoughts when you entered this forum for the first time?

Also, it's very important to take a break once for a while. It can release all the stress and all that negative stuff. Then anyone can come back with full force :)

8 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Solid search term, there. 

Reveal hidden contents

UNZvduy.png

ap8Zl2L.png

I actually googled "cute anime girl"

53 minutes ago, 40oz said:

Thank you everyone for reading my posts. I understand many of you are very happy here and disagree with my sentiments on this particular subject, and that is entirely ok. I dont feel any animosity towards any of you who think or feel differently. In fact, I'm rather optimistic.

You may now proceed to ride the coattails of this HOT! thread to post all the likebait you want. :)

He mad.

So if we're going to have upboats, can we at least get postcounts back? Emotes maybe?

Admittedly I need to make more of my own threads. Original Content™ is the heart of any great community, and I agree that repeating monster/music threads are cancer. 

Put your mouse cursor over your avatar. After a second or two, a window will pop up, which will show your post count.