Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What is your opinion on Bloodstained?

What's your opinion on the upcoming Igavania game Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night.I can't wait to play it to be honest,people hated on other Kickstarter projects made my industry veterans like Mighty.Nr 9 or Yooka-Layle but i am still very optimistic about it.

Quite excited for it, i decided to back it up over backing up Yooka Laylee. Seeing all the stretch goals added to it makes it even more difficult to wait for it. I've been wanting a new Igavania since Order of Ecclesia.

Also Michiru Yamane composing means the OST will be amazing 

Edited by Shanoa

Just now, ArcheKruz said:

I am pretty interested for it, but I regard it with cautious optimism, considering what happened with Mighty No 9. A lot of things can go wrong.

At least, unlike Inafune, Koji won't start 2 extra campaigns while the main game is still developed.

I don't know if you remember the whole megaman legend type game and the anime of MN9 they tried to kickstart while the game kept being delayed over and over.

Pretty pumped as Igarashi made most of my favorite Castlevania games. Kinda bummed it's using models but we'll see.

The visual style is very similar to the PSP Rondo remake. Which considering the titles share some of the same artists, it makes sense. I was never really a big fan of how muddy that game looked outside of the cutscenes, but in contrast it seems like Bloodstained really benefits from the luxury of modern shaders and lighting techniques.

From what little gameplay I've seen, it looks like the core mechanics and controls are pretty solid. Hoping everything built around them end up as good.

Haven't seen a whole lot of it, but from what little I have seen, it's left me pretty excited.

I have high expectations. Castlevania is my favourite video game series, and Metroidvania games are my favourite video game sub-genre. I've played a lot of games of that type, and I've yet to find one that I didn't love. Within the next year or so I might want to pick up a 2DS XL or a 3DS XL so that I can play the Nintendo DS Castlevania games.