Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

I think what happens is that eventually that voodoo doll reaches the left wall, which gives it some acceleration (wallrun) and allows it to pass through the teleporter line without triggering it. You could probably fix this permanently by using a slower scroller and repositioning the lines to adjust the timing. It is generally a bad idea to use very fast scrolling voodoo dolls because there is a danger of them skipping linedefs. Or yeah, just make it very long so that it lasts for like an hour.

Edited by Memfis

More findings/thoughts...

03 - the stair builder on linedef 1734 seems to work incorrectly in ZDaemon. I always get stairs I can't climb. Also there needs to be a way to open sector 120 from the outside in case someone dies to the trap.

09 - ok, there are tons of ways to break this one. People already mentioned the exit trap, but with the way the shootable switches work there are many other possibilities to trap the players in various areas behind the colored doors. You should make them openable from the inside.

11 - this feels like a map that doesn't belong in the project quite frankly... All these hardcore slaughter or whatever moments seem completely unsuitable when you take all other levels into account. Remove the yellow key trap and the bullshit end and it might have a chance.

12 - I saw something weird, sectors tagged 21 and 22 stopped moving after a while in ZDaemon and so we couldn't exit. Not sure if we just missed something or what.

13 - WTF is that corridor trap with crushers and two hell knights???

As expected. :) Btw I remembered one more thing... What's up with the Map15's midi? It has like some sort of noise I can hear throughout the whole song. At first I thought there is something wrong with my headphones. It's disturbing.

3 hours ago, Memfis said:

WTF is that corridor trap with crushers and two hell knights???

This is a multiplayer-only event that I added because I like to watch streams of people suffering for my own amusement.

Ok, so I made the scrolling floor go slower and adjusted the triggering linedefs, and it works great on both prboom and gzdoom.

Airship of Doom latest version.

Also, here's a TITLEPIC I made:

dfnCx4a.png

33 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Also, here's a TITLEPIC I made

NICE!!!.....it if was animated like the original game and replacing the Mario enemies with Doom enemies XD

6 hours ago, Memfis said:

More findings/thoughts...

03 - the stair builder on linedef 1734 seems to work incorrectly in ZDaemon. I always get stairs I can't climb. Also there needs to be a way to open sector 120 from the outside in case someone dies to the trap.

Does zdaemon have a problem with boom stair specials? Also for the second part.. when you die wouldn't you just restart the level or reload from a savegame?

6 hours ago, Memfis said:

13 - WTF is that corridor trap with crushers and two hell knights???

I don't know. I didn't put that there. What the fuck. Why are they both Hard + Multiplayer Only flags?
Edit: Oh that's why. Haha.

Edited by rf`

Here's a more worked TITLEPIC:

eclXHR7.png

Plus an INTERPIC:

v5LZRgB.png

Edited by Gothic : fake copyright removed

Joke BOSSBACK maybe?

MTS1JiY.png

Edited by Gothic : better used colors

Just going to mention now: I'm going to take care of all remaining coop issues internally so there's no need to wait around.

20 hours ago, Marcaek said:

Haven't forgotten about this, just been sick. I'm hoping to have an update within the week.

Take your time to return with more energy as ever man...

Hella Nitpick time: the topic title says "still need title\interpic" but it looks that's all taken care of now.

I'll make a CREDIT pic as well, so besides mappers, who else should be credited for what?

I'm actually gonna have you go over the credits I have again and make sure they're accurate, so gimme a couple days to have that for you if you can.

(thanx 4 the screens)

The lack of space between letters on both TITLEPIC and INTERPIC was bothering me, so here are fixed versions:

vLY0Xcs.png

SbnEwp9.png

Also a WIP CREDIT:

4Ef3W5o.png

Apparently map03 breaks in ZDoom based ports, I assume there is a compat setting to fix this. Can I force said setting via MAPINFO or something?

EDIT figured it out, one less roadblock

Edited by Marcaek

Forgot to post this before

AKYGif9.png

Too bad my 7hell pic didn't make it, but glad this project is finally ready to go.

Edited by Gothic : rf added to artists names

There's a couple of spots missing: yourself and Fuzzball under "Artists". Don't sell yerself short. ;)

49 minutes ago, Xaser said:

There's a couple of spots missing: yourself and Fuzzball under "Artists". Don't sell yerself short. ;)

Oh I forgot about that. Previous post fixed.

Also this vine from map07 only works once:

yH5J60z.png

And these 2 work quite erratically:

chCLQ9K.png

I sugest replacing the fast raising floors with very small (or invisible) stair cases.

Edited by Gothic

RC1 eh? Good work Marcaek and all those involved in compilation and mapmaking, if you guys ever do a Mayhem '18 I do believe I'll be taking part in it.