• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

14 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

Mayhem 18 is already in progress

Doh, I forgot about that.  How about what I suggested for Mayhem 2019, then? xD

Bumping this thread to point out that Mayhem 17 finally got an update to fix map25's HOM and add in some new sfx and barrel sprites. Are these a preview for something in the works? Definitely not!

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/mayhem17

Probably shouldn't have taken this long, but I was unsure what way to go about fixing a long-finished project without having to make survival hosts update their wads directly\break whatever demos have been made if any.

I sought out a Mario enemies mod to play along with this, and this is the only one I could turn up- "Super Doom Mario Deluxe"

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=61108

Playing it with SDM-DELUXE.pk3 prevents the final Bowser boss from spawning at all, or at least correctly- it seems to just spawn a normal Commander Keen in the throne that does nothing and killing it does not lower the stairs. SDMLITE.pk3 allows the boss to spawn but the graphics are overridden with a yellow koopa troopa. This is another conflict that mod has, it has its own share of graphics for enemies and objects, plus music that will override what's in this- while it won't functionally break anything it's going to change a lot of stuff. Swapping load order with SDM first only seemed to conflict further with it defaulting back to Doom graphics on most monster frames. The only "fix" I found was to go into SDM with Slade and delete anything that conflicted so it wouldn't override this mod.

Admittedly expecting 2 separate mods to work well is always a gamble, just fair warning to anyone else looking to use that monster mod with this.