Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

I don't think Map07's music is appropriate at all. It's a very cheery map and the boss music track throws off the vibe.

EDIT: Whoops, my own stupid fault. Loaded an extra mod that changed the music. Ignore this post.

Edited by Impie

3 hours ago, Marcaek said:

07's is a boss track? what

EDIT: wait, mighta loaded another mod by mistake. lemme check again.

Also I went ahead and threw together the text you requested. Tell me what you think of this draft:

Spoiler

SUPER MAYHEM 17 INTERMISSION TEXT by IMPIE

CHAPTER 1 - defeated airship
"Maybe skewering the toads on a",
"pole was an overreaction, but",
"you warned Peach what would hap-",
"pen if you heard that damn 'Our",
"princess is in another castle'",
"line one more time.",
" ",
"You warned the Koopas, too.",
"'No more mister nice-a plumber,'"
"you'd said. Guess they'll take",
"you at your word from now on.",
" ",
"You park the airship on some",
"poor shyguy's house in Groovy",
"Grove or whatever it's called.",
"The locals seem miffed at your",
"callousness. They won't be talk-",
"ing tough for long."

CHAPTER 2 - beat aztec ruin

"You sit atop the ruins, polishing",
"off your pastrami sandwich while",
"reflecting on how much destruction",
"you've wrought on the cultures of",
"this weird world.",
" ",
"John Carter gets sexy naked",
"warrior babes and a legion of",
"martian bug men. You get a",
"preening blow-up doll and a",
"bunch of shrill-voiced shrooms.",
"Just your luck.",
" ",
"Where the hell is that lazy",
"sack Luigi during all this,",
"anyway? Just like him to leave",
"you holding the bag..."

CHAPTER 3 - from bowser transforming castle to rainbow road
"Nightmare transforming castle de-",
"feated along with the bulk of the",
"koopa army and too damn many magi-",
"koopas and fake bowsers. What's",
"your reward? 'Our princess is in",
"another castle!' Topping it all off,",
"to get to the real castle you have",
"to traverse Rainbow Road, and",
"Peach wrecked your go-kart!",
" ",
"That tears it. For real, this time.",
"This is the last time you pull",
"that bubble-head out of trouble.",
"Every damn week she's in somebody",
"else's basement. Maybe she does",
"it on purpose. Maybe you'll give",
"her a piece of your mind after",
"handing Bowser his ass for all time."

ENDING
"'Thank you, Mario!' says Peach, on",
"the verge of another prattling spree.",
" ",
"'Listen,' you say. 'I'ma think this",
"isn'ta workin' out. You'ra too high-",
"maintenance. So long-a toots.'",
" ",
"You turn and hop away, leaving Peach",
"scratching her head. Maybe she can",
"write to Luigi when she gets",
"snatched again.",
" ",
"It's a long walk to Daisy's place",
"for racquetball and strip poker,",
"but it's worth it. At least she",
"doesn't get kidnaped every ten",
"minutes. She makes a mean mint",
"julep, too."

SECRET ENTER - sinkysand switch land puzzle map
"You found the secret level!",
"More like you took a wrong turn",
"at albuquerque. The only thing",
"you hate worse than koopas is",
"mind-shattering puzzles, and",
"boy did you find a doozie."

SUPER SECRET ENTER - mario land level
"You found the super secret level!",
" ",
"Man, things got low-res in a hurry.",
"Maybe Princess Daisy will let you",
"crash at her place if you survive."

Edited by Impie

MAP25 and MAP31 doesn't work... And yesterday I played the new compilation on Zandronum 3.0 (with coop bot), so I don't know what the problem is with these maps...

Also, I have a idea for the interpic about some world screen in the style of smb 3 or smw...

@Gothic Sky cutoff here, just lower the clouds a bit.

doom163.png

@dobu gabu maru You can get stuck here, maybe have an SR line for teleportation back to the beginning in case this happens. Will need to make the surrounding lines passthru i imagine.

doom164.png

10 hours ago, Marcaek said:

What about those maps doesn't work?

You get stuck into in the starting pipe of MAP25, in MAP31 you can't advance after the shotgun platform lowers, I think that the problem is with the voodoo dolls, but on other levels it worked fine...

Alfonzo has assisted in compiling the fixes made and made some other fixes as well, with the exception of map31's softlock.

Please check the OP for a changelog and new versions! I'll be organizing a survival testing session sometime soon.

EDIT:PLEASE REDOWNLOAD FOR A LAST MINUTE FIX

Edited by Marcaek

1 hour ago, Marcaek said:

with the exception of map31's softlock.

Feel free to add the SR teleport line that'll put the player next to the color block near there (they need to go ride the lift in order to raise all the floors again).

By request, we will be playing the WAD in full on tomorrow's Thursday Night Survival event over at ZDaemon. All authors are of course welcome to join in on the fun, if you wish to watch out for co-op related bugs, issues, and all your careful balancing swiftly ruined by a large group of marines running around your map!

Can i have still time to put a last minute fix on my Groovy Hills map or is it too late?

Anyway, fixed the teleporting doors, now you can open normally, without shooting at them:

cave-map-doorfix.zip

EDIT: Also, yesterday i made this thing with selfie.wad and map21 on nomonsters as some kind of idea for the titlepic, this needs a lot of work but the concept of titlepic is here, is this a good idea?

0cOaUr0.png

Edited by Walter confetti

I am under the impression that nothing was changed on my map so do i actually need to fully double check all difficulties and so on?

Two housekeeping notes:

I have removed the horrible fadeout for the Rainbow Road midi, @Marcaek new midi file here...

Mechadon should be credited somewhere as he created the sky used in this map.

@Eris Falling could you do me a favour and let me know if i should add extra MP ammo etc for Rainbow Road? All i did really was to add extra rocket launchers, iirc you guys play with respawning items but i have no idea if that will work in practice for the map. Unfortunately, i cannot get online tomorrow evening to watch for myself, so any MP feedback would be really appreciated.

I'll have to put that in next version I think walter. I did update the resource file with scotty's midi because I had to make a fix for one of the sound effects.

Scotty, I don't think you'll have to worry about testing the skills again.

@Scotty Under normal settings, we just cleared your map in 72 seconds with only a few players carrying items over from the map before, so I think your map is probably ok as it is.

So far I've only noticed ammo problems myself with MAP16, everything else has been fine (and very fun!)

We posted some more co-op notes in the TNS thread, but I figured they should also go here in case the mappers have anything else they want to take care of and miss those posts:

8 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

We got stuck here on MAP09. When someone enters the arena the entrance gets blocked off. I think someone must have died in there because we had to teleport past (you can see this at 27:17 in valk's video, though he doesn't stick around there for long)

Screenshot_Doom_20170929_143401.png.ba65ff891f38995f23a79666443e77ff.png

MAP12 wasn't the most co-op friendly (lol voodoo dolls), and neither was 31 (puzzles in public server woohoo :P). Nothing that can be done about 31 I guess, but with MAP12 I guess you could have those cliff falls in map12 to use 20-damage floors instead of killing a voodoo doll*. Isn't it possible to have the voodoo doll not show up in co-op? Perhaps you could get around it that way without sacrificing the original intention for SP.

6 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

I think MAP16 also had a problem with the blue key - only one player could grab it before it became unavailable for the rest of the players.

14 minutes ago, Memfis said:

A few more coop (and other) concerns:

06 - as the author mentions, the spinning thingys break after a while. I think I might have an explanation. Read what RjY wrote at the bottom of this page.

12 - the tree textures are not 64 units wide! This leads to visual issues in certain source ports and is a bad practice.

14 - this is obviously horribly cramped for coop but you can improve it a lot by putting player starts in different areas and maybe giving a free shotgun to everyone.

15 - please put some multiplayer only rockets at spawn, there is just not enough.

P.S. The breaking rota blades on MAP06 could be passed off as intentional, maybe the story could be adapted such that the airship crash lands and that's how you get back to ground level :P

I guess I could make the dummy sector much larger so the propellers last longer, the map is short anyways so it's not like people are going to just wait minutes to see how they break.