Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

If anyone needs more custom textures, let me know too. I submitted many to marcaek and plan to make more from boo's mansion.

Reminder that although I'm adhering to deadlines, if you do have a legit excuse to request an extension PM me. Bear in mind I will not budge on whatever extra time I allot you though: this is mostly because I understand real life gets in the way sometimes heh

10 minutes ago, Mosshopper said:

...here's something I did with the resources...

Kinda disappointed that they don't go up-and-down.  But this really made my day.

12 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Kinda disappointed that they don't go up-and-down.

You could probably get them to do that through some extensive voodoo doll scripting and the such.

Ha that is awesome. I just messed around trying to replicate the plant movement from Mario but because Cacos fly, it's a pain in the ass to implement cause you have to manipulate ceilings as well as floors to stop them just floating at the top of the sector and i don't have the brain power for that on a Saturday night. It is definitely doable though - will investigate further tomorrow!

(this is awesome expect a contribution from me)

Edited by Scotty

Boom has some kind of elevator special, so perhaps that + voodoo doll conveyors?

Cool map Impie, but I would suggest breaking up the longer brick walls with something. It's also likely that the player can run out of ammo before they realize the shootable switches. To be honest I'd probably also not have the bridge revenants active before you cross since chaingun tapping them down before you can cross is more irritating than fun. The ending fight is pretty lackluster, perhaps add a few monsters(lost souls?) to make dodging the vile more dangerous. Ending pillar could stand to be marked as such too: perhaps put a pipe in the middle of the room instead? That midi needs to be edited to loop as well.

Playing this reminded me I'm going to have to shuffle one of the greens in the palette due to the automap issue so I'll get on that asap. I have a gimmick planned that will need a redundant item so anyone who has used the Red Keycard remind me who you are.

Edited by Marcaek

Can we get an example of what the decorations and items will become? I need key-markers and the textures don't fit the bill all too well, so I'm assuming you will be modifying the torches into something suitable to use as key indicators? :)

3 hours ago, Marcaek said:

Cool map Impie, but I would suggest breaking up the longer brick walls with something. It's also likely that the player can run out of ammo before they realize the shootable switches. To be honest I'd probably also not have the bridge revenants active before you cross since chaingun tapping them down before you can cross is more irritating than fun. The ending fight is pretty lackluster, perhaps add a few monsters(lost souls?) to make dodging the vile more dangerous. Ending pillar could stand to be marked as such too: perhaps put a pipe in the middle of the room instead? That midi needs to be edited to loop as well.

Playing this reminded me I'm going to have to shuffle one of the greens in the palette due to the automap issue so I'll get on that asap. I have a gimmick planned that will need a redundant item so anyone who has used the Red skullkey remind me who you are.

Thanks for the feedback marcaek. It's tough doing ammo balance with a 250 thing limit, though, so I'll have to figure out an ammo/opposition balance that works best.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Can we get an example of what the decorations and items will become? I need key-markers and the textures don't fit the bill all too well, so I'm assuming you will be modifying the torches into something suitable to use as key indicators? :)

Key marker textures have been included in the latest version.

2 hours ago, rf` said:

Key marker textures have been included in the latest version.

So they have. I must have missed those somehow. Still, I am excited to know what the decoration replacements, if any, will be. :)

There are already several. Trees, mushrooms, some plants and some new torches.

I just noticed that the grass remains in the air if the floor underneath it lowers:

e6586c2b2bc39933e36a6d6dc8649f5e.jpg

And while I'm here, have an update to my map. :)

1301774c1a24f571597136748665d056.jpg

f80ff754805dd0ab1ce268e06a6acd57.jpg

4b5888e4f2987a9299978a5ce554002b.jpg

7ee7332d18525df86ff15c1ce91cfbbf.jpg

looks gr8

Props to rf for preemptively including a few decorations heh if there are any more coming I'm gonna have to look at what's left and what spritesheets I have again.

Will add gravity to certain things via DEH so if your stuff is hovering expect a fix in the next resource.

Layout complete, the map looks very mish mashy at places, overall giving it a bit of a crappy feel. Maybe that's just because i'm never happy with my own work. Going to wait until the final resource pack is uploaded before I start doing more detailing though. Also wrote a pretty catchy midi for it :)

jfPGIuU.png

HtvVMR5.png

y9uSQvc.png

I have just realized I got the keys backward in an earlier post, so I'll rephrase: anyone who has used keycards please use Skullkeys instead. I have something planned for the keycard actors.

Maybe this should come with new sprites? At least recolored or something. The iwad ones will look way too weird in a such outlandish setting. Would be okay for a secret map of a megawad maybe, but for the whole thing? I think green imps and blue demons or whatever could really help. Sorry if this was suggested already, I didn't read everything.

4 hours ago, Memfis said:

Maybe this should come with new sprites? At least recolored or something. The iwad ones will look way too weird in a such outlandish setting. Would be okay for a secret map of a megawad maybe, but for the whole thing? I think green imps and blue demons or whatever could really help. Sorry if this was suggested already, I didn't read everything.

There are already several decorativte replacements in the resource pack. You didn't read the thread at all.

Updated my map again. New music track, a bit of object rearranging, and other stuff I already can't remember.

Shit, double-posted. I need to go to bed I guess.

Bump - sorry for the double post but the mp is finished! I'd really appreciate some feedback and/or FDA demos. Difficulty settings have been implemented and the limitations have been adhered to. There's 260 things in the map, 4 of them are 'proper player starts (1 - 4). The voodoo doll player starts I've counted in the thing count.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxl3tkar5pfwo4h/DFMAYH17.wad?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5y0dov9nbab1c1/mayhem17res_a5-DragonflyEdition.wad?dl=1

P.S. I have made a few red coloured versions of other textures/flats, and merged them into the main resource wad (a5 version). These use the letters DF as a prefix to prevent conflicts. Ensure you play my map using this resource version! :)

37 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Bump - sorry for the double post but the mp is finished! I'd really appreciate some feedback and/or FDA demos. Difficulty settings have been implemented and the limitations have been adhered to. There's 260 things in the map, 4 of them are 'proper player starts (1 - 4). The voodoo doll player starts I've counted in the thing count.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxl3tkar5pfwo4h/DFMAYH17.wad?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5y0dov9nbab1c1/mayhem17res_a5-DragonflyEdition.wad?dl=1

P.S. I have made a few red coloured versions of other textures/flats, and merged them into the main resource wad (a5 version). These use the letters DF as a prefix to prevent conflicts. Ensure you play my map using this resource version! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dra9lyai23wroat/Crunchynut_DF_MH17 FDA1.lmp?dl=0

Super boring FDA, I was very passive with my approach as I only use Pr Boom for recording and the controls are slightly clunkier to Zandronum, so I avoid being aggressive. Very neat and attractive map, the leafy greens I feel will be a staple in this compilation and it's easy to see why. I see this map being somewhere in the introductory levels as it is quite easy, the archie fight being the only real (and very unexpected) threat, but with all the cover and extensive amounts of ammo it's pretty easily handled. Everything plays very smooth and nothing stood out to me as particularly bad, if you are however looking for something to improve on I would adjust the ammo balancing as I had more than enough to breeze through the level with any weapon on choice robbing me of any tactical decision making. This is minor though, certainly don't over do it. The fights were well thought out, though the first two key fights were very easy, I would chuck in a more beefy enemy just to make things more chaotic, or better yet move the existing PE to one where his attack can be better utilized.

Otherwise I liked the map, everything is fantastic in the looks department, really good use of the limitations and texture pack and though it got a tad confusing (simply because of me not being used to the textures) the level wonderfully weaves in and out of itself which I am a sucker for.

Nice one!