Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

hey marc make ur epic finale map the finale map instead of some doge i mean dodge map thanks. make a dehacked dr. eggman final boss

Just a question: did player voodoo dolls counts as items or it could counts as player starts?

I wasn't sure when making my map so I treated it as an additional object that IS counted by the limitation. If you're concerned you could try to be clever with your voodoo doll usage and make the whole map operate using only one voodoo doll.

Voodoo dolls aren't counted in the limit. Granted, the more you use the more you have to keep track of when totalling your thing count but that's not much of a problem.

"Not another meme abuser"

Heh. Anyways, I selected the midi for mine, @Marcaek has yet to say that custom midi's aren't allowed so I'd suggest go for it!

Midi is fine, but please pick a less dumb name. It's the same thing as calling a map "o rly"

1 hour ago, Marcaek said:

Midi is fine, but please pick a less dumb name. It's the same thing as calling a map "o rly"

That's it. I'm naming mine Ya Rly.

(I'm not)

Sorry for asking, I can't find out how to count the number of things you have in a map in GZdoom Builder.

For the level name, what about "All the monster's teeth are perfect"?

14 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

Sorry for asking, I can't find out how to count the number of things you have in a map in GZdoom Builder.

I just go into Things mode, zoom way out, box-select everything, and look at the "### things selected" in the lower left.

Have nothing selected and have your mouse hover lo lindefs / things and your map stats are bottom right:

096d36e906067d05409f39b8994eabea.png

My maps layouts for this project

59388b2f2b20e_castleat2017_06.0801-20-28.717R2787.jpg.285b47064982305c99cad12c842e833a.jpg

SM1 Bowser themed map, going steadily to his completion.

59388b36e12e8_cave-thingat2017_06.0801-21-19.112R2787.jpg.e6f5e40333cb412365056b783c2c2a99.jpg

SM2 Hills / Caves themed map, still on the works, especially on the thing placements.

Also i've added new textures (mostly dark recolours for SM2 themed map) and also a modified sprite for the castle map, if this is possible.

Spoiler

rirL2Rq.png

This peach charatcher (still offset), she replaces the skull on a pole sprite. If sprite editing is forbidding for the users (we, the people doing maps), i'll remove it from the sprite and turn it into a graphic lump)

Load the latest resource and see if anything replaces that yet. If not, go ahead and replace it.

7 hours ago, Gothic said:

I'm already using the skull on a pole for a custom prop on my map.

Ah, ok. I'll see to use another sprite or making it a texture...

Sillydust Sanctuary

Compact and windy desert palace. Came together rather quickly and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Midi is Water's Edge from Sanic 06, by Sc00ts.

sillydust.zip

Oh boy, here's (a playable version of) one of the level i'm working on:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jv77j2gmin5d23v/castle.wad

Title: C'mon Peach, you've got what you want, now give this plumber cake!

(title subject to change if it doesn't like to you guys)

Description: A semi-slaughtermap map made in the stile of SMB 1 Bowser Castle, some plataforming and quite open.

Build time: near 25 days, on and off

Music: Super Mario Bros. - Castle (Techno Gabber Remix), sequenced by someBODY

And i've finished a playable version of the other map tonight, too!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ppq3bkk3z3vb3h7/cave-thing.wad

Title: Groovy Hills

(title subject to change too)

Description: A quite open and spacious series of cave and hills, similar to first world of SMB 2, easier than the other map.

Build time: One month, on and off

Music: SKA-P - Sectas, sequenced by unknown (midimelody.ru)

I hope to do the new textures patch right:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g2g2w7txi44xxyo/mayhem17res_a6-confetti-patch.wad

contains new textures for this and the other map i'm making.

Edited by Walter confetti : new level added

On 5/23/2017 at 1:08 PM, Memfis said:

Maybe this should come with new sprites? At least recolored or something. The iwad ones will look way too weird in a such outlandish setting. Would be okay for a secret map of a megawad maybe, but for the whole thing? I think green imps and blue demons or whatever could really help. Sorry if this was suggested already, I didn't read everything.

You mean like this?

epAe6yK.png

I re-colored all the monsters in more interesting shades. There's also a Medikit and Stimpack. They're two of the the things I made for Ribbiks for Stardate 20x7. He didn't use these. I think they'd work here.

I actually had more fun with the Nobles, but picked the two I liked the best; the Red Baron and the Black (and yellow) Knight.

5pM7Dfv.png

Use them if you want. I had fun making them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j333j6tnjin7e72/Mayhem17Recolors.zip

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel : derp. put the wad in a zip; half the size.

3-hour speedmapping session in 6 hours who's in

gonna be doing a focus on lava and snow maps since those are cool and also hot

I'm in, though admittedly I'm going to cheat and use those 3 hours to work on goattown because I'm a slow barg.