Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

On 6/15/2017 at 11:23 AM, Scotty said:

Ah, i see. So, here's a 'standalone' version of the map that is playable in Boom until i have organised the necessary textures for the resource pack with Marcaek. This standalone map doesn't have the right palette or assets but it is at least useable for now. Download!

PS - whoever sorted out the RBOW textures and flats (i assume rf?), thank you! I did not notice them before.

Gave this a spin. Some turret monsters are stuck in Boom, which I imagine you'll sort out. I had a revenant at the exit fall off its perch, so monster-block lines would be useful there. This plays awkwardly: you can't move under it, which is relevant because it blocks a very instinctual spot to dodge the two viles' attacks, and it also produces RL splash if you happen to try to fire 'under' it. Maybe you could make a set of laser-light stairs instead/ The cacos floating around the map mostly didn't contribute anything to the gameplay -- I hardly noticed them until the end, which is when I thought about how they'd be awkward to kill. Enjoyed most of everything else. The 'exit sign' at the end is a nice touch. And this looks really cool. 

Edited by rdwpa

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zq780wsbpj67da/TMD-MH17FG.wad?dl=1

Here is the mostly finished product.
Yes it is completeable, barely, from pistol start.  I anticipate people continuous-playing this, and it is designed to be a challenge regardless.  So yes it is balanced.

Tentative Mapname:  Great Hall's Afire

Still needs following changes, as of 61817

-Floors should be damaging after they turn into lava.
-Brightness tuning

Edited by TMD

On 17/06/2017 at 0:20 PM, rdwpa said:

Gave this a spin. Some turret monsters are stuck in Boom, which I imagine you'll sort out. I had a revenant at the exit fall off its perch, so monster-block lines would be useful there. This plays awkwardly: you can't move under it, which is relevant because it blocks a very instinctual spot to dodge the two viles' attacks, and it also produces RL splash if you happen to try to fire 'under' it. Maybe you could make a set of laser-light stairs instead/ The cacos floating around the map mostly didn't contribute anything to the gameplay -- I hardly noticed them until the end, which is when I thought about how they'd be awkward to kill. Enjoyed most of everything else. The 'exit sign' at the end is a nice touch. And this looks really cool. 

Yeah stairs are a good idea. I didn't get any stuck turret HK's in my Boom test but did have a problem with the final area enemies, is this what you mean? It's tricky cause everything HAS to teleport in on the clear floors, rising floors didn't seem to work cause of the 242 stuff going on. Yeah i just didn't get around to some of the block lines, some other enemy perches could do with them as well. I have leeway on things so maybe a cacoswarm might be in order... will try it out. Anyway cheers, as always O/

Edited by Scotty

"The page isn't redirecting properly"

?????????? wierd stuff yo, maybe use something like speedyshare for now

So is there any sort of compilaton of the maps as they stand for testing purposes?

I have it assembled, just need to test it a bit first.

Did you do anything more with your maps?

15 hours ago, Marcaek said:

I have it assembled, just need to test it a bit first.

Did you do anything more with your maps?

I'm making a snow tree texture so that the map doesn't look so barren. Don't think I'll change the gameplay for now so it's okay for the map to be included in a compilation in it's current state.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7uy9xciecngkwt/mayhem17res_a8.wad?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7h2mzpwn1s4kbx/mayhem17_maps_v1.wad?dl=1

First map compilation. Haven't got CWILVs made yet but soon: please take the time to name your maps if you haven't yet!

These maps aren't in any specific order yet, I advise against playing this compilation in continuous for the time being.

The custom flats and sprite I used on my map aren't on the main resource pack yet.

@rf`

You can jump through the window from the lava area to the soulsphere and skip most of your map.

rf.zip

I was lazy in my demo. I forgot to mention that you dont even need to raise the platforms in order to make the jump.

Edited by Killer5

On 13/6/2017 at 2:24 AM, Killer5 said:

Here is a little map I worked on over the past couple days.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3c1641wq5f0vf4/aztec_ruin_v3.zip?dl=0

UV Max demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ud25mkg2f7rre4w/Aztec_Ruin.zip?dl=0

x.png

Played this map. Not bad, I particularly liked the secret hunting part and the secret areas; it is well designed layout-wise with a discreet use of the light gradients. I can't judge gameplay because tyson and inescapable death pit (unless I miss a teleport in the bfg area - but those super mario textures kinda confused me) are not my thing so I just cheated to see the last fight. Cool map overall

Thanks for the write up @Paul977.

The first secret area is inescapable if you fall. Inescapable pits are something I really enjoy so it appears a lot in my creations.

Thanks for playing.

Preemptive announcement - this isn't intended as confrontational:

Why have you amended this limitation? It single-handedly removes any element of challenge to the mapping process, which was already very free as far as limitation projects go.

From the wording in the OP, the thing limit was meant as a gameplay restriction. I can't imagine any conceivable way in which limiting the number of decorations could possibly result in a better or more interesting map.

Played the beta mapset until map07 with prboom (it crashes on map08), all the maps are pretty cool and fun to play... best map so far is MAP03 (expect that annoying sliding ice parts)

anyway the worst bugs i found so far is in MAP02:

- a broken sector here

- two missing lines here and there

walter: Apparently that is an old version of the map so I'll add that in next version(soon)

Edited by Marcaek

ALL THE COLOURS. Here's Rainbow Road v2. I have updated textures, done difficulty settings (lazily i must admit), cleaned the automap a bit and added co-op stuff. I tweaked the final encounter slightly too.

Also i have fixed all the Boom issues so the map plays correctly in that port now (tested with latest version of prBoom+), although it won't open in Boom until these latest textures are added into the resource wad ( @Marcaek sorry if there was any confusion in pm about this, this wad here has the correct textures, the old ones were mere placeholders).

nHVA6MY.png

DOWNLOAD

Looks good - a much better representation of Rainbow Road now that the colours are actually rainbow! I'll await for it to be added to the compile before I test it.

One suggestion though, could you perhaps add some neon representations of doom monsters in the sky much like seen on MK64's RR? Obviously it'll need someone to come forward and redraw the outlines of various sprites in a neon style, but it'd really be a nice shoutout to the MK64 rainbow road! :D

gfs_14047_2_6.jpg

Hah, that might be neat. Maybe tracing the MARBFACE textures could work. I might try myself but don't think i have artistic flair needed to capture the essence of the Doom bestiary in such a cartoony/simplified way. Regardless i'm happy with the map as is, anything on top is a bonus.

21 hours ago, Marcaek said:

walter: Apparently that is an old version of the map so I'll add that in next version(soon)

Ok, good, thanks. 

Anyway yesterday I keep played until the start of MAP22, other map of interest over MAP03 is: MAP13, MAP16, MAP17, MAP18, MAP20 and MAP21.

Not really found of  MAP19 switch puzzle.

MAP09 crashes in prboom due of "loaded too many subsectors" error, found a broken sector near the red key pillar switch and untagged skies here and there spots in MAP14 (is that pinchy(?) Desert map, i'll check better when I get to my pc). 

Still waiting for feedback on my maps (in the map pack is on MAP10 and MAP11)

Really solid mapset so far! You guys made a really good job!

Edited by Walter confetti

1npJLUB.png

Well, here it is. This is something I've been cooking for a while now. This was such a fun theme to work with, despite struggling with the thing limit at first. I hope you like it. As usual, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bre_Mayhem_17.wad (No name yet)

Music - Bloody Tears (remix), Castlevania 2

Be sure to load this with the latest resource pack.

Edited by Breezeep

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1uikvawhgt7tq3/mayhem17res_a9.wad?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4skt8129yivl510/mayhem17_maps_v2.wad?dl=1

Added everything in. Still not a proper map order but all maps have CWILV graphics. If you don't have a mapname come up with one asap pls. I'm going to go through all the maps now and provide feedback.

Gothic: I moved the ? orb to 5-skull pole, if you plan on making any more updates to your map change that.