Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

v3 of Painfully and Elitely Rustled

added difficulty settings, some new things, also removed all Doom stock textures (but kept some flats).

I just noticed that the compilation apparently lacks a MAP15 for some reason, although it has MAP16 (my current one) and MAP31.

Loading a save breaks friction effects, which is making testing some of these ice maps a real pain in the ass.

55 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

Loading a save breaks friction effects, which is making testing some of these ice maps a real pain in the ass.

Have you filed a bug report / is this a known issue?

On 7/4/2017 at 1:59 AM, Marcaek said:

Still not a proper map order but all maps have CWILV graphics.

I'd prefer my map to be MAP31. If that's not a possibility, I have no preference for where I end up.

14 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Have you filed a bug report / is this a known issue?

Due to PrBoom+'s focus on emulating the original accurately, I don't believe this would be fixed. I'll mention it over there anyway in a little bit.

Giant FDA dump for v2 of compilation

^ Here's an FDA pistol start for every map in prboom+ on UV with countless saves.  Don't expect me to be a speedy player, and there are also a couple DNFs.  Consider this playtesting data to be consumed at your discretion.  A lot the maps are pretty brutal-as-fuck on UV.

I've got to say though.  The Mario theme seems to be encouraging mappers to experiment with great, quirky things.  Many of the maps might be rough around the edges, but I'm seeing things like slippery floors; blowing winds; heaps of puzzles; and conveyor belts up the wazoo, and I really appreciate these things.  There are several must-play gems to be found here in this mapset.  Even the mediocre maps feel great with a Mario theme slapped on them.  Great stuff, and it's a satisfying playthrough.

edit: there were also several bugs, but i didn't document any of them and don't count on my memory to recall any in particular.

Ha ty for the demo. Cool you found all of the secrets. Everyone had to play the map twice to find them!

16 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

^ Here's an FDA pistol start for every map in prboom+ on UV with countless saves. 

Hey thanks! Good idea about making that pillar to the last area a lift. There's also a pipe that opens near the start so you don't have to redo all the ice stuff if you fall, but it's not very clear.

I didn't know monsters were affected by friction on cl -1, that's pretty rad! I was hoping that would be the case on cl 9. Looks like it got the revenant stuck though.

2 hours ago, TMD said:

is there a desync on map02? demo

if you are talking about my demo: it plays back fine on my end.  it's probably just me sucking and dying a bunch, rather than a desync

1 hour ago, NoisyVelvet said:

if you are talking about my demo: it plays back fine on my end.  it's probably just me sucking and dying a bunch, rather than a desync

You sit dead the first time, then fire randomly at stuff and immediately blow yourself up with an rl.

Prboom+ 2.5.1.3 and 2.5.1.4:  I downloaded and tried on another computer, still works for me.  Though i must note, after my first death against cyberdemon, I respawn after a couple seconds but I play sloppily for a bit cuz of brain fatigue.  I eventually get back in the groove and complete the map.  That's what the demo looks like on my end.  These aren't the prettiest demos, after all.

prboom-plus.exe -file .\mayhem17_maps_v2.wad .\mayhem17res_a9.wad -playdemo .\noisy.mh17v2\noisy.mh17v2.map2.lmp

On 7/7/2017 at 11:45 PM, NoisyVelvet said:

^ Here's an FDA pistol start for every map in prboom+ on UV with countless saves.  Don't expect me to be a speedy player, and there are also a couple DNFs.  Consider this playtesting data to be consumed at your discretion.  A lot the maps are pretty brutal-as-fuck on UV.

I've got to say though.  The Mario theme seems to be encouraging mappers to experiment with great, quirky things.  Many of the maps might be rough around the edges, but I'm seeing things like slippery floors; blowing winds; heaps of puzzles; and conveyor belts up the wazoo, and I really appreciate these things.  There are several must-play gems to be found here in this mapset.  Even the mediocre maps feel great with a Mario theme slapped on them.  Great stuff, and it's a satisfying playthrough.

edit: there were also several bugs, but i didn't document any of them and don't count on my memory to recall any in particular.

Oh my god, I just watched the demo of my map... I'm so sorry dude! That archvile pipe teleport was not supposed to be that fast! I did test it in prboom I'm pretty sure, but I guess i wasn't paying enough attention to how fast he was teleporting around, that was hard to watch... Yowza!! Seems I need to put more ammo in the first parts of the map too, you ran pretty low early on. The ? boxes were supposed to give a soul sphere, which does work when i test it in prboom... but for some reason it didn't give you anything. Thanks for the demo

I updated my post with v6 of Chocolate Starfish Islands:

- Made pillar to last area a lift

- Fixed the revenant getting stuck on cl -1 

- Pistoling the revenant was an effective but boring strat so I added a deterrent

- Made the revenant more annoying on Hard

- Made the revenant less annoying on Easy

That revenant is a special guy.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, NoisyVelvet said:

^ Here's an FDA pistol start for every map in prboom+ on UV with countless saves.  

Good playing, even if in some places you get stuck and didn't know how to pass them (also, I see you get confused from the hallway maze in the smb 1 castle map and the teleporting doors in the smb 2 map, and you keep switching the skinface wall in the eastern cave) but how you can't seen the rocket launcher at the dead player spot in the northern section of the map?

I see to make that spot more visible, and eventually make some places to avoid shortcuts, but in the end I don't think it's such a big deal...

Thanks for the demos!

EDIT: Fixed the bugs i seen on the plays at both maps

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jv77j2gmin5d23v/castle.wad

- added a wall to prevent shortcuts

- made the walls near the rocket launcher of a different color to make it more recognizable

- fixed a sector bleed glitch at the northeast building, near one of the lamps

- fixed things

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ppq3bkk3z3vb3h7/cave-thing.wad

- added a new secret room, it activates when you push the skinface spot in the eastern cave

- changed a decoration thing for the secret reward

- a little detail changed in the cave with water you see at first

Edited by Walter confetti

Since we're on the topic of posting maps, here's a complete-n-playable version of goathouse (now officially named "ZIEGENHAUS" because everything sounds better in Uppercase German):

https://static.angryscience.net/pub/doom/maps/xa-giest_beta1.zip -- Requires r8 or later of the texture resource.

Screenshot teasers:

rQvHJUq.png

txYalb3.png

Otk6HZO.png

I'm looking for gameplay feedback; I'm surprisingly happy with it so far, but there's plenty of author-bias, I'm sure. Speak now or forever hold your cliche phrasing.

Edited by Xaser

An update to Absolute Zero, with some (belated) balancing and difficulty settings. I need to get better at Doom so I can properly playtest my own damn maps.

As a heads-up, despite the intermission title, the version of ZIEGENHAUS in the compilation is finished (well, sans one pending addition).

19 hours ago, Obsidian said:

An update to Absolute Zero, with some (belated) balancing and difficulty settings. I need to get better at Doom so I can properly playtest my own damn maps.

Here's another demo. Previously I'd died many times figuring out the friction and had gotten up to the second set of revs or so before figuring out the route in nomo.

Big-time cheese on the archviles, didn't bother figuring out max as well. I suppose there's ammo I missed or in secrets because I ran out. Interesting map.

Absolute_Zero_play_shock.zip

Another update that prevents an Arch-Vile from getting stuck and replaces the Cyberdemon with 3 Barons: Cybs can be a bit of a slog to take down with a SSG.

On 12/7/2017 at 7:49 AM, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

For the nine people who downloaded the first version:

I thought there was too much brown, so I made the Caco purple and the Arachno a darker version of 'mommy'.

fC3imsa.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nqd1an3zylsuv30/Mayhem17Recolors3.zip

This makes me ask a question: why these new recolored monsters aren't added to the main compilation?

On 7/9/2017 at 0:16 PM, Xaser said:

I'm looking for gameplay feedback; I'm surprisingly happy with it so far, but there's plenty of author-bias, I'm sure. Speak now or forever hold your cliche phrasing.

The first fight alone annoyed me into quitting after about two dozen attempts. I eventually got through it by just avoiding everything. Pretty much spent the map doing just that -- dodging everything -- but I wasn't really enjoying myself as I scrambled around, apart from the impressive visuals -- easily one of the best-looking maps in the whole set, with some really cool room transformation bits.

I have the same criticism for most maps these days though, including most of this mapset. I just don't care for the gameplay style that's favored nowadays and wish it wasn't the standard.

4 hours ago, Marcaek said:

I don't want them. They don't fit. I'm not tossing arbitrary assets into the WAD.

What about the Mario Doom weapon/monster mod I linked a while back? It completes the Mario aesthetic perfectly.

Edited by Impie