Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

If you see this I'll fix those errors on my end, Walter.

As for a Mayhem 18, I'm not sure yet because I have other projects that need to get their asses moving too. Maybe if I come up with a good idea for it, or TMD can take the lead over again if he wants to.

1 hour ago, Marcaek said:

Ok, thanks... i was thinking to do that, thanks for take it!

4 minutes ago, Master O said:

Question for someone new to the various Mayhem wads:

How many Mayhem wads are there? 

This one is the sixth:

2012 (12 maps)

2013 (11 maps)

2014 (35 maps, this one won a Cacoward)

2015 (34 maps)

2016 (21 maps)

5 hours ago, Marcaek said:

As for a Mayhem 18, I'm not sure yet because I have other projects that need to get their asses moving too. Maybe if I come up with a good idea for it, or TMD can take the lead over again if he wants to.

Potential idea:

Mayhem 18: 1980s Konami games

37 minutes ago, Master O said:

Mayhem 18: 1980s Konami games

geez........Gradius, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Contra....
It should be epic....

15 hours ago, Gothic said:

Forgot to post this before

Vl3xoPY.png

Too bad my 7hell pic didn't make it, but glad this project is finally ready to go.

Don't forget to add me to the Artists lists. Many of the textures and sprites came from me.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:43 AM, Gothic said:

Too bad my 7hell pic didn't make it, but glad this project is finally ready to go.

You know you can add additional opening graphics by adding the following code to Zmapinfo.

gameinfo
{
    creditpage = "CREDIT", "CREDIT2"
}

Just rename the 7 hell image to Credit2 and it'll load after the first one. I used this on my copy of TVR! when I added the Midi pack. I wanted to add the additional music credits.  I don't know if it can be done to Emapinfo.

Did my last few things get completed.  I straight up forgot if I fixed them.

Also the helpscreen looks wonky in the new palette.  Im sure nobody cares though.
And the map15 music doesnt work in ZDoom.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:41 PM, leodoom85 said:

geez........Gradius, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Contra....
It should be epic....

Map 30: Shoot the Core!

This wad practically creates itself.  

5 hours ago, TMD said:

Did my last few things get completed.  I straight up forgot if I fixed them.

Also the helpscreen looks wonky in the new palette.  Im sure nobody cares though.
And the map15 music doesnt work in ZDoom.

You should check your maps to make sure @TMD, It has been a while since either of us touched them I'm sure. Remember to extract the maps from the rc1 if you want to make edits, otherwise just let me know what needs changing.

Quick bug report: MAP15's music doesn't work on ZDoom. It's looking for D_QUIKSV.mid, which is a goofy BTSX E1 patch that got copied over by accident. :P

1 hour ago, Xaser said:

Quick bug report: MAP15's music doesn't work on ZDoom. It's looking for D_QUIKSV.mid, which is a goofy BTSX E1 patch that got copied over by accident. :P

a6Osm.png

EDIT: redownload for fix

Decided to give this wad a go once more before the idgames release and here's some stuff I found:

The "cluster" keyword is not supported by ZDaemon and if the MAPINFO contains it the result is that the server crashes.
I'm not sure how to solve this without removing the feature from other source ports... besides ZDaemon are there actually any ports that do support MAPINFO but don't support ZMAPINFO?

MAP02:

On 9/15/2017 at 4:59 PM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

- No way to bypass sector 120 once it's raised so this can result in map being stuck in multiplayer if all players inside the room die before lowering the wall again.

^ This issue is still there.

MAP12:
- I guess this is intended with the megasphere but the scrolling sectors (tag 1) in the secret with megasphere can carry away the monsters there making it impossible to kill them (without freeaim). Should be possible to solve this just by making line 1731 monster-blocking.

MAP18:
- Several of the teleports have a non-damaging floor around them on which a player can fall and become technically stuck. For online survival this poses the same problem I highlighted below with the narrow ledges in MAP24.

MAP24:
- Sector 170 is a secret but it's too small for the player to enter.
- I don't mean to be annoyingly meticulous but these tiny ledges might potentially be a problem in online multiplayer survival if a player becomes "stuck" on it, goes AFK because of being stuck and then becomes the last player alive.
- I was not able to identify what might cause this but I remember players getting stuck inside the room with blue armor unable to open the door (sector 166). Maybe it's some weirdness connected to the fact that from one side the door is SR with tag 17 but from the other side it's just DR?

One last update to the CREDIT pic, since there are 2 new maps.

QsgypmU.png

Edited by Gothic : added jimmy

I helped out with graphics (the fonts for the levelnames) so can I be credited please?

Will fix those map issues ASAP

also starting to run out of real estate on that credit graphic rofl

EDIT @Keyboard_Doomer Map02 has a special teleport which opens nearby in MP only, is this somehow not working in ZD?

Also, could you point out what you mean in regards to map18's teleports? Which floors in particular are causing problems?

Edited by Marcaek

12 hours ago, Marcaek said:

Map02 has a special teleport which opens nearby in MP only, is this somehow not working in ZD?

My bad, didn't notice the teleport in Slade because of the trigger not being straightforward. It does work in ZDaemon.

12 hours ago, Marcaek said:

Also, could you point out what you mean in regards to map18's teleports? Which floors in particular are causing problems?

My bad again. What I had in mind are the floors around the green pipes and I completely overlooked those pitch black stairs nearby most of them. They really do blend pretty well with the surrounding darkness so I think making them more visible would be beneficial. Maybe also add some stairs near sector 168, even though there is another teleport behind the corner.

One more thing:

There's this HOM in MAP11 visible for the players outside while the floor in the exit room is raised. The yellow door is line 2598. 

It's much more prominent in sofware rendering but it's still there in OpenGL.

software rendering (ZDaemon)

OpenGL (PrBoom+)

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer

I made the stairs in 18 more clear and also cleaned up a few other visual elements\snag issues. Will upload once I decide what to do about 11, since changing the HOM may break one of the internal demos i had someone record.