Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Unregistered account

This is ingenious -- why didn't the developers think to do this?!??!

3 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

Why would anyone ever do anything else

Because the vast majority of people don't enjoy causing civilian casualties numbering in the hundreds of thousands with war crimes such as this.

Jimmy, go to your room and think about all the devastation you've just unleashed.

2 minutes ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

What about Chocolate Doom (or prboom-plus) support?

Then it would be bmp.wad instead.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I hate myself.

Don't worry, we hate you too!

31 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Then it would be bmp.wad instead.

I don't think so.

You could still convert all of this to the Doom's own image format for the broadest compatibility. Which would be super helpful, actually, because not every member of this community is capable of liking more than one source port!

haha this is hilarious

how long did something like this take? I would have gone crazy trying to find that perfect amount of jpeg dithering/noise.

8 hours ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

What about Chocolate Doom (or prboom-plus) support?

Coming. c:

4 hours ago, 40oz said:

haha this is hilarious

how long did something like this take? I would have gone crazy trying to find that perfect amount of jpeg dithering/noise.

The most difficult part was actually setting the offsets properly on stuff like the weapons and powerups, that needed fine adjustments after I used mass offset-setting in SLADE. I wish I had a way to batch-convert these graphics without saving them as jpgs so those offsets could remain intact.

I went with 50% quality for the jpg artifacting when I batch-converted everything, which is already pretty destructive, and seemed to be shit enough at Doom's graphic resolution, while leaving most things like the menu graphics and smallfont still somewhat legible.

As an experiment, I combined this with a few things to make the game look and sound as terrible as possible.

@Jimmy, jpg_choc.wad doesn't work with vanilla and Chocolate Doom, they crash with W_CacheLumpNum error.