Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

On 8/24/2017 at 9:15 AM, antares031 said:

The Eclipse of Betelgeuse (Beta 2)

This is the updated version of my level that I uploaded before. There are a couple of changes in the level, based on the live playthroughs on Twitch (thanks, loveless and ELMLE!). I also implemented difficulty settings, including "easy" one that features a bunch of indispensable monsters for slaughtermaps. Not to mention that I added a little bit more monsters for the final stage, since I deleted a few cyberdemons in the middle. Like the previous one, this version includes the UV-Max playthrough demo, which is about 37 minutes long and was recorded with GLBoom+. If there's no critical glitch that breaks the level, this will be the final version for SlaughterMAX.

Click here to download

I beat your Betelgeuse level. Kills (21,651/21,534), items (112/116), and secrets (4/4). Record for low health = 16.

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

1 minute ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Thank you. Maybe sometime, you could do a demo of this level (and The Eclipse of Betelgeuse) as well (if you want to).

Sure. I'll give them try :)

You should start recording demos, Tim.  It'd be nice to see some new content and not have to use YouTube.  Something nice about seeing runs in PrBoom+/GlBoom+ itself that is very satisfying.

5 minutes ago, loveless said:

You should start recording demos, Tim.  It'd be nice to see some new content and not have to use YouTube.  Something nice about seeing runs in PrBoom+/GlBoom+ itself that is very satisfying.

I wouldn't have an issue with using Boom-compatible source ports to record demos. The reason why I use YouTube for demos is because not everyone is familiar with .lmp files (and the general audience does not have software to open such files let alone Doom players who use PrBoom+ to play [Windows does not recognize the file type, causing users to not be able to open the file]), so I do demos for a wider audience rather than just for Doom players who use a vanilla-driven source port to play the game.

41 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I wouldn't have an issue with using Boom-compatible source ports to record demos. The reason why I use YouTube for demos is because not everyone is familiar with .lmp files (and the general audience does not have software to open such files let alone Doom players who use PrBoom+ to play [Windows does not recognize the file type, causing users to not be able to open the file]), so I do demos for a wider audience rather than just for Doom players who use a vanilla-driven source port to play the game.

You really play very good in zdoom so keep it up :)

4 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat your Betelgeuse level.

Nicely done, thanks for uploading the UV-Max playthrough of it. :)

4 hours ago, loveless said:

I just did a recording test with GlBoom. I am not too certain on how I am supposed to go about turning this into a video that you can upload to video sharing websites.

0JenesisLevel27.zip

Last Light v5

lastlight.png.e94f571c2fdf4480811001f76b8616da.png

v2 changes: made sky decoration work in glboom, fixed a slimetrail.

v3 changes: fixed the sky issue for glboom without breaking v1 demos.

v4 changes: aesthetic improvements, coop improvements, dm starts. The final barriers fling off corpses while raising, they're now 32 units wide instead of 64, and there are some additional openings in them.

v5 changes: reworked Easy skill, fixed some textures.

Thanks Mechadon for the sky! (which I edited slightly)

Edited by Benjogami

lol @ that map - i have no idea what im doing :D

falling off the damn map is more dangerous than the actual monsters >.<

Edited by rehelekretep

Updated Last Light to v2 to fix the sky decoration in glboom. Edited into the post above.

(The sky decoration still doesn't work in ZDoom or GZDoom, if anyone has any insight)

On 8/27/2017 at 7:06 AM, antares031 said:

Nicely done, thanks for uploading the UV-Max playthrough of it. :)

I wonder if you tried my Dinosaur Foot level. It is also available on the Gridlock forum.

Gridlock (you will need to warp to level 32 to play my level): https://www.sendspace.com/file/grsfay

Dinosaur Foot: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rnb3n90248999by/Dinosaur_Foot_v3.wad

Gridlock forum:

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

@BenjogamiI UV-Maxed your level. A copy of this demo is also uploaded to YouTube.

Hey cool. In light of this development, I made a v3 that fixes the sky issue in glboom but doesn't break your demo.

Just now, Benjogami said:

Hey cool. In light of this development, I made a v3 that fixes the sky issue in glboom but doesn't break your demo.

If the light doesn't work and it goes out, I can just use the automap to navigate my way through (like what I did at the end when I grabbed the last megasphere).

3 hours ago, yuse said:

hey uhh if you need anyone to help with testing/demos im definitely up for it

Sure, have at it :D There's a section in the first post with some maps that are looking for feedback and testing. There's also a section for maps that just need UV Max demos.

I've been meaning to do a feedback stream for a long time now but haven't made the time. Until then, here's some misc business:

Guys that need feedback:

@40oz I played all 3 of your maps and had some specific recommendations which I forget right now. After I do the stream, I'll post a timestamped vod here. The short story is that I think they're really good, but some of the setups could use some augmenting and anti-cheese measures, and the third map doesn't seem to have enough ammo to max without a whole lot of chainsaw work.

@Dododamian Do you have any updates for your Ghost Ship map? There are still HOMs all over, so I haven't tested it much further. But if I do a stream, I'll probably power through the HOMs in order to give some more substantial feedback :P

@antares031 I know you got some quality testing from loveless, but I still intend to stream through it. Seeing as you've had some testing and have a demo recorded, I can move it to the "qualifying" section whenever you like.

Guys that need maxes:

@Bdubzzz @bemused I also intend to stream your maps. Might try to max them offline if I like them and they're not too hard (bemused's probably/definitely is) ;) @Scotty Already got a demo to you so probably won't stream it, but I'll give some thought to maxing yours as well!

Funny i was tinkering with a final update to SOL yesterday, will try to get that uploaded once i get it finalised. Some fights are pretty overhauled!

Anyone want to collab on some maps?? I have two maps with potential that i just have in limbo and would always love to bounce ideas with other people...anyone feel free to check em out, if it creates ideas for you let's make something! This map i felt could make a kinda sandboxy little thing and this map i envisioned with just a bunch of fucking huge fights...

7 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I tried it, and died brutally by those numerous green fireballs over and over. xD Since it's hard to navigate around the torch maze, please consider to put some hints to help players to figure out the correct route. And yes, some solid covers to block projectiles may be fine, too.

3 hours ago, Benjogami said:

I know you got some quality testing from loveless, but I still intend to stream through it. Seeing as you've had some testing and have a demo recorded, I can move it to the "qualifying" section whenever you like.

Sounds good to me. But in the mean time, here's an updated version that fixes one major problem, if you take the shortcut in the easy difficulty. This only adds one blue keycard in somewhere, so there's no change in the gameplay from the previous version.

Click here to download

just finished sons of liberty by @Scotty, very good map that was fun! had some difficulty knowing where to go at first but after that it remained interesting and challenging. looks nice too. only (potential) flaw is the yellow key section which was significantly more difficult than anything else in the map (unless that was the intention, if it is that isnt an issue bc i didnt really find it frustrating). btw my strategy was to run backwards along the edge rocketing the shotgun guys, and then when most were gone i plasmad the spiderdemon, took out the remaining shotgun guys and then rocketed the arch viles.

music is also very good and fitting

and then it turns out you're updating it... lol... ill probably play that one ! i like the map and i might try to go for different strategies this time, if thats something im able to do in my ability 

o ye it took me 23:32 

I have a level that I designed that might be suited for this community project. It is called "Assassin's Greed." I have a video of it on YouTube (I would love to record it with Boom but my concern is that I heard that it only records up to 40 minutes of footage[unless it is a tool-assisted speedrun which this demo is not]).

Assassin's Greed

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

Here's a v4 of Last Light cause there were some aesthetic changes and coop improvements that I wanted to make:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zhyxc3pbyndcq/lastlight_v4.wad?dl=1

And since technically this is against my own rules, I humbly submit a UV-Max that beats @mArt1And00m3r11339 time and hope that it's acceptable. The only singleplayer gameplay changes are: the final barriers fling off corpses while raising, they're now 32 units wide instead of 64, and there are some additional openings in them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/591pqmcytwbszdt/lastlight_v4-2458.lmp?dl=1

If anyone happened to be working on Last Light, please grab the new version. Or tell me to stuff it.

On 10/2/2017 at 1:13 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I have a level that I designed that might be suited for this community project. It is called "Assassin's Greed." I have a video of it on YouTube (I would love to record it with Boom but my concern is that I heard that it only records up to 40 minutes of footage[unless it is a tool-assisted speedrun which this demo is not]).

You should be able to record a demo that is longer than 40 minutes.

I played through the map with saves, and I think one thing that would improve it greatly is removing the slow lowering walls, and let the player trigger the next fight when they like, at their own risk. As it is currently, there isn't any room to improve a time, because the best time is the one that presses all the switches as soon as they open, and some of them open after everything was already dead (I had to wait about 7 minutes at the end of the map to exit, for example).

It was fun to figure out how to survive each new encounter (not so fun to circle around and kill stuff for a long time afterwards, but that's just my preference). I think being able to mix the fights together would help a lot.