Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

@antares031 @Benjogami Another update to antares' map. It turns out building a reject table doesn't break demosync(!) but makes a renderless timedemo go ~25% faster, because you cut out all the expensive but guaranteed-to-fail line-of-sight checks made by monsters still in teleporter holding areas. Playing the map is still CPU-intensive at parts but I'd still call this a win, so please consider it.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

You thought the chaingunner spam fight was the hardest? Interesting, everyone else seemed to think it was the yellow key fight with the Mastermind, but anyway some others said red key fight that was kinda boring, and i could see why too, so i changed that one for something more thoughtful than simple monster spam. Same for the timing on the last fight, i think Benjo said that kinda sucked too. I'll fix those viles, thanks.

Might actually get the intended final version posted tonight sometime.

Well I cheesed the yellow key fight by killing the viles before the fight so it was kinda easy.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:13 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I have a level that I designed that might be suited for this community project. It is called "Assassin's Greed." I have a video of it on YouTube (I would love to record it with Boom but my concern is that I heard that it only records up to 40 minutes of footage[unless it is a tool-assisted speedrun which this demo is not]).

Assassin's Greed

Absolutely horrendous map, sorry. If stuff like holy hell or okumap are grindy this map takes it to the next level, boring, nothing can save this map, if you respect the work of the other mappers in this project it shouldn't be included in the wad.

2 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

Absolutely horrendous map, sorry. If stuff like holy hell or okumap are grindy this map takes it to the next level, boring, nothing can save this map, if you respect the work of the other mappers in this project it shouldn't be included in the wad.

You're just saying that because you don't know how to make a level.

5 hours ago, RjY said:

@antares031 @Benjogami Another update to antares' map. It turns out building a reject table doesn't break demosync(!) but makes a renderless timedemo go ~25% faster, because you cut out all the expensive but guaranteed-to-fail line-of-sight checks made by monsters still in teleporter holding areas. Playing the map is still CPU-intensive at parts but I'd still call this a win, so please consider it.

Thanks for making the version that fixes the desync issue, RjY! I played the demo on GlBoom+ with no problem at all, and it's so nice to see the significant improvement in performance, especially the beginning of the last stage. I must say that the two missing rocket boxes from the second stage are not a big game changer, since the player will not suffer from ammo starvation in that stage, even if there are two rocket boxes less than before.

So, I've been thinking a bit back and forth if I could contribute, but I'm not sure if I can spare the time on a full map... @mArt1And00m3r11339 it seems some folks would like to see your map being edited a bit. So I wonder if you'd be okay with doing a collaboration with me based on the map you made. We can talk about this via PM if you want.

29 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

So, I've been thinking a bit back and forth if I could contribute, but I'm not sure if I can spare the time on a full map... @mArt1And00m3r11339 it seems some folks would like to see your map being edited a bit. So I wonder if you'd be okay with doing a collaboration with me based on the map you made. We can talk about this via PM if you want.

That would be an idea. I messaged you (check your inbox).

Leaving a post here as I have promised myself and others that I will make a slaughter map. I've always been more attracted to the "combat puzzle" side of the philosophy than the empowerment of the player versus hordes of monsters (being ill-equipped versus hordes is more my thing. Sheepdog maps — like in Hadron), so I hope you'll forgive the lack of surplus massacring outside of whatever walls of meat are necessary to make the pieces fit. As I understand it, such levels still qualify!

Update to my Swiss Cheese Strike map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovea03gtgvfia32/SCStrike.zip?dl=0

Changes:

-2nd fight changed to release the revs after a time so u can clean them up faster, although just kind of turns in to circle strafing then so don't know if its actually better, meh. Also the couple mancs on the stairs were swapped out for viles to make it a little more interesting...

-Inescapable pits are now possible to escape from :p

-Detailing added to red key area, the fight it self is the same.

-you now get the bfg right away when entering the red key teleporter for better blind play

-monster block lines added to cyber platforms in blue key area.

-final fight now has more viles spawn in once the hell knights/barons show up but just 1 per area instead of 2, i tested it with 2 spawning in and it felt to cheap at times even with all the health pick ups etc, also dont want to make the final fight to overkill for any1 attempting to max the map

Most of these changes were due to the feedback from @Ancalagon (thanks for playing) but pending any big complaints.. I would say this is the final final version, also Ill probably get a max for the map some time within the next few days

Edit: Midi- Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger/Secret of Mana medley

Edited by Bdubzzz

is it ok if I add custom monsters for my slaughermap? I am thinking of adding a dehacked file to replace certain monster for another custom monster , will it work out? or is it strictly off limits?

Since there are no rules saying I cant use custom monsters....

Edited by A7MAD

8 hours ago, A7MAD said:

is it ok if I add custom monsters for my slaughermap? I am thinking of adding a dehacked file to replace certain monster for another custom monster , will it work out? or is it strictly off limits?

Since there are no rules saying I cant use custom monsters....

Sorry, no custom monsters or dehacked or anything :P

19 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

Sorry, no custom monsters or dehacked or anything :P

Oh ok...

Anyways just finished my slaughtermap , just gonna add different difficulties . as well as adjust the music , and do some testing as well...

Alright , here it is ...

I call this level.... Electro Wizard v2

I implemented different difficulty :

Easy skill - More megaspheres

Medium skill -less megaspheres than easy skill

Hard skill -less megaspheres than medium skill

This level took me around 10 minutes to finish with savestates.

I have also added music as well , here is a screenshotdoom20.png.f91f464156077f37456423678830ebea.png

its nice ;)

tested with prboom+ cl9 

ElectroWizardv2.zip

Edited by A7MAD

6 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Alright , here it is ...

I call this level.... Electric Wizard v2

I have also added music as well , here is a screenshotdoom20.png.f91f464156077f37456423678830ebea.png

its nice ;)

tested with prboom+ cl9 

ElectricWizardv2.zip

I took a shortcut to exiting the level.

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I took a shortcut to exiting the level.

What? A glitch? Did I accidentally tag a linedef ? 

3 hours ago, Nate River said:

From the start the last yellow pillar on the right has an exit switch on all sides.

Fixed ! And link updated! Thanks for pointing it out, I honestly did not see that I myself accidentally tagged a linedef for an exit

Edited by A7MAD

26 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

Getting a 404 on this link at the moment.

uh try it now, idk why dropbox deleted it lol

On 10/17/2017 at 2:28 AM, A7MAD said:

Alright , here it is ...

its nice ;)

tested with prboom+ cl9 

ElectroWizardv2.zip

I beat your level. Someone's probably going to beat my time but whatever. Kills (4,056/4,002) and 100% on items and secrets. Record for low health = 14. A copy of this will be sent over to YouTube. For some reason, I named the file "Electric Wizard" when I realized that it is "Electro Wizard." EDIT: A copy of this demo is now sent over to YouTube.

0ElectroWizard.zip

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

20 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Alright , here it is ...

I have also added music as well , here is a screenshot

its nice ;)

tested with prboom+ cl9 

ElectroWizardv2.zip

In my opinion the second room should be removed and replaced with something of your own, the big fight manages to remain interesting for a while cause masterminds and fatsos pull monsters from the center, but by the point they died I still had close to 1000 revs alive and I had to circle strafe them for 2 minutes, so this fight needs a better mix of monsters so this doesn't happen to such degree. The second room (the one that I think should be removed anyway) can be cleared easily with 2 invuls, leaving the third to trivialize the return to the main area.

Edit: Also this texture alignment

alignment.png

Edited by Ancalagon

Updated Sons of Liberty. It's pretty different in places now. The red key, key door and final fight are where most of the changes are i think.

Have fun. If no one is interested in maxing this i'll do it myself later, i don't really feel like the map needs more work now unless there is some glaring shitstorm i missed. Haven't done difficulty settings yet btw.