Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

3 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

If slade is easy to use , then why not add midi?

I think its easy to use for a person that can speak english

1 minute ago, DanielAlexander said:

I think its easy to use for a person that can speak english

I will do it for you , which midi/music do you want for your map

1 minute ago, A7MAD said:

I will do it for you , which midi do you want for your map

Before creating the map, i wanted to use music from Jumpmaze Map03, but idk if that music fits with my map...

Just now, DanielAlexander said:

Before creating the map, i wanted to use music from Jumpmaze Map03, but idk if that music fits with my map...

Ok I will see give me 1 minute

1 hour ago, DanielAlexander said:

I think it sounds good! Thanks!!!  :)

My english is bad too but I have learned do it. If you want add other MIDI, I hope with my explain can help you:

You open one WAD on SLADE that you want copy MIDI. Select this MIDI, copy it, paste on your WAD, rename your MIDI in right name for example your map is on level 1 - your MIDI should call D_RUNNIN. Also there exist a list of name for each level. You find on google " Doom 2 Musik"

2 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat Broken Machine.

nice :).  sorry for the music problem btw

7 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

My english is bad too but I have learned do it. If you want add other MIDI, I hope with my explain can help you:

You open one WAD on SLADE that you want copy MIDI. Select this MIDI, copy it, paste on your WAD, rename your MIDI in right name for example your map is on level 1 - your MIDI should call D_RUNNIN. Also there exist a list of name for each level. You find on google " Doom 2 Musik"

I will try it. Thanks for helping  :)

Ok was kind of busy this week but got around to updating my map today.. final version (in theory) that just needs a max now. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p58ohzdu4i7doft/BackandForth.zip?dl=0

Map changes: made some inescapable places.. possible to get out of, removed 100ish cacos from the red room so its less grindy and now most monsters are facing you when u enter the room, changed a couple other fights, most significantly the final fight...

fixed an area where monsters could potentially get stuck if u dont kill them because of a floor raising to the ceiling.

Edited by Bdubzzz

Hey benjo have you determined any sort of deadline yet. I actually wanted to get something done till the end of the year if that's not too late.

nvm, OP answered that question. Should be enough time for me to slap something together.

Edited by tourniquet

New version of my map: madnessv2.zip

Added a skill 1 to it.

Rocket packs are now individual rockets in the two side rooms.

Removed one cyber teleporting in to the starting room.

Moved the soulsphere near the rocket launcher.

There is now a teleport in the final room leading back to the first part of the map.

4 hours ago, damo2k said:

If someone wants to compile a .wad, we can play-test this on zdaemon.

I was thinking about coop compatibility and testing and such, and it's a bit awkward since maps can only be changed in ways that won't desync the demos, which will probably make some coop fixes impossible. I think the best solution is to just have a separate coop wad with any fixes needed to make coop work. I think the testing should wait until after the deadline (1/31/2018), once all the maps are in and the single-player compilation is finalized.

Hopefully no1 was attempting to max my map cause I noticed today during practicing.. there was some spots in the final fight that PEs were stacked on top of each other (which doesnt matter as far being able to max it but annoying if youre missing 4 monsters at the end and cant find them), so did a quick update to the map (updated the link in my previous post)

I want to design a "Tyson-only" map for this project (something like chillax map36, with more monsters) but I dont know...  :|

3 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

I want to design a "Tyson-only" map for this project (something like chillax map36, with more monsters) but I dont know...  :|

Has to be a "uv-max" sorry ;(

6 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

Has to be a "uv-max" sorry ;(

A Tyson is a UV Max, as long as you get all the secrets.

4 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

A Tyson is a UV Max, as long as you get all the secrets.

really? I thought you were only supposed to use pistols and chainsaw or fists

Yeah, if you only use those weapons and get all the secrets, it's both a Tyson and UV Max. If you use some other weapon it's just a UV Max. And if you only use those weapons and don't get all the secrets, it's just a Tyson. Here's a Venn diagram :P

venn.png

This project has been going really well so far , with over 17 maps introduced . I am really hoping we can get at least 20 or so before the project deadline.

Here's what I've been working on for the past couple of months or so. This is a sequel to my DMP2016 map19 and follows the abstract flesh-city theme. Features include: pain sectors, bumpy floors, occasional platforming, cross shapes and 95% orthogonal architecture. I don't want to oversell myself here, but the level of difficulty is quite high and the encounters are very unforgiving. I'll let it sit here for a bit and, if nobody's crazy enough to do a max, submit it to DMP2017.

Skindustrial Sector 04

F866D3BFA6C19FB2CE393B27AC3217EFED5414E6

Starting area.

89CC47A90F59B33E414EF1FB63DC4B6CE58550B9

Final area.

Music: "Winds of the Destiny" by Petter Mårtensen, from Hell Revealed 2

Misc info/comments:

-Difficulty settings implemented.

-Let me know if there are any bugs, visual glitches or stinky cheese strats.

-If you triple-Vile-into-rocket-jump-glide-surf-bunnyhop out of a lock-in, it will likely lock you out of progression unless you do the same thing to get back in there.

-GLBoom+ is recommended, as Software mode ran like crap for me.

-Translucency is also recommended, although the effect is used like twice.

-Tested in GL/PRBoom+ 2.5.1.4.

-Meta ammo management is apparently a thing, so make those shots count!

Hopefully attachments work: skin4v3.zip

Edited by Spectre01 : Version 3

@Spectre01 Hey is this the map with the giant cacodemon rift from the pictures thread? Been looking forward to seeing that in action.

11 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

@RjY Yes it is! I'll work on adding difficulty settings after taking a short break, as UV is rather extreme.

Im pretty sure this project is called SlaughterMax not Chillaxmax...

You should adjust the difficulty even on UV. But the architecture is magnificent.

20 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

UV is rather Extreme.

CoolStoryBob. I played through your map and well it was fun at times and then other parts just grindy. I really think you should remove the pain sectors from a couple fights, seeing as they are in almost every single fight and it gets annoying stepping on a random pain sector square that's covered up by monster corpses. Also the 2nd to last fight, as in the cyberdemon fight before the final area should have  more cells or something  to take out the final 5 cybers unless you really expect the player to 2 shot every cyber before those which isnt fun to do if there is 4 of them at once. I only had 100 cells, 45ish rockets, 0 shells, 0 chaingun ammo from the previous area walking in there. Unless I missed ammo somewhere. Awesome map otherwise.

36 minutes ago, Bdubzzz said:

CoolStoryBob. I played through your map and well it was fun at times and then other parts just grindy.

Cool! Which specific parts did you find grindy? The lock-in fights tend to be short and high-threat. As for the final area, that encounter is indeed quite lengthy, considering the 3k or so active enemies and all the Pains. I wanted to avoid the "infighting simulator" aspect and force the player to prioritize the Pain Elementals before they get out of control.

I really think you should remove the pain sectors from a couple fights, seeing as they are in almost every single fight and it gets annoying stepping on a random pain sector square that's covered up by monster corpses.

Hey, at least they're the low damage type! Aside from the Manc building with the 20% lava, which is indeed over the top.

Also the 2nd to last fight, as in the cyberdemon fight before the final area should have  more cells or something  to take out the final 5 cybers unless you really expect the player to 2 shot every cyber before those which isnt fun to do if there is 4 of them at once. I only had 100 cells, 45ish rockets, 0 shells, 0 chaingun ammo from the previous area walking in there. Unless I missed ammo somewhere.

Interesting. I've always gone in that fight with 600 cells, with a few left over, which made for a good balance of having to make your BFG shots count. Then again, I was careful about not spamming the BFG too much in the big fight before that and used rockets whenever the pressure wasn't too high. That area could use more shells though.

Awesome map otherwise.

Cheers m8!