Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

Which specific parts did you find grindy?

Yeah actually i was mostly referring to the final area since that was fresh in my head. The rest of the map isn't grindy but after the big area is pretty much clear and u go to each area it seemed like you have to go slow. Theres archvile/rev snipers on platforms or a group of viles that spawn in and force you back etc and i was pretty much ready for the map to be over once the big fight was mostly cleared up :p

Interesting. I've always gone in that fight with 600 cells, with a few left over, which made for a good balance of having to make your BFG shots count. Then again, I was careful about not spamming the BFG too much in the big fight before that and used rockets whenever the pressure wasn't too high. That area could use more shells though.

I believe my issue was on my winning attempt there was viles on the far side resurrecting monsters and I was busy just rocketing down hell knights/revs on the other side. So if you intend the player to have 600 cells going in to the cyber fight maybe add some cell on the platform where all the viles are or yeah shells/rockets for the one bfg fight with viles/chaingunners/hks would be better then nothing since thats where i used all my shells/chaingun ammo to clean up the hell knights/barons.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:45 AM, Spectre01 said:

Skindustrial Sector 04

[...]

I haven't gotten very far into this, but I gotta say that I freaking love the starting hallway, lol!

I really like the look of the map so far, would be a shame if it went to DMP17. Perhaps consider moving the current UV into HNTR, and then making UV a much safer max, if that's what it takes to get it into this project. :P

22 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

Perhaps consider moving the current UV into HNTR, and then making UV a much safer max, if that's what it takes to get it into this project. :P

No

2 hours ago, Bdubzzz said:

Theres archvile/rev snipers on platforms or a group of viles that spawn in and force you back etc and i was pretty much ready for the map to be over once the big fight was mostly cleared up :p

Good call. I'll cool it with the Viles in the Manc and Spider buildings and reduce some of the meat.

So if you intend the player to have 600 cells going in to the cyber fight maybe add some cell on the platform where all the viles are or yeah shells/rockets for the one bfg fight with viles/chaingunners/hks would be better then nothing since thats where i used all my shells/chaingun ammo to clean up the hell knights/barons.

Will do.

1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

I haven't gotten very far into this, but I gotta say that I freaking love the starting hallway, lol!

I really like the look of the map so far, would be a shame if it went to DMP17. Perhaps consider moving the current UV into HNTR, and then making UV a much safer max, if that's what it takes to get it into this project. :P

Thanks Benjo! I was considering that option regarding difficulty settings.

No

Ok :(

skin4v2.zip

Here's a hotfix based on feedback and further testing. (Edited original post too.)

-Added some extra ammo to the underground area.

-Removed some redundant monsters.

-Minor visual tweaks.

5 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

skin4v2.zip

Here's a hotfix based on feedback and further testing. (Edited original post too.)

-Added some extra ammo to the underground area.

-Removed some redundant monsters.

-Minor visual tweaks.

4 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Huh ? I think the name 'chillax' is more fitting than the current name

This map had similar idea like chillax map 16. Pillars and building :) I can TAS, but is that ok for this thread? This thread says, maps should passable without TAS and save and load...

12 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

This map had similar idea like chillax map 16. Pillars and building :) I can TAS, but is that ok for this thread? This thread says, maps should passable without TAS and save and load...

I'm pretty sure that the instructions were clear that a Tool-Assisted Speedrun is not to be used in the demo in order for the level to qualify.

2 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I'm pretty sure that the instructions were clear that a Tool-Assisted Speedrun is not to be used in the demo in order for the level to qualify.

If so, I think is extremely hard without save and load... even with TAS you can lost, but you can try it. I havent now so much skills passing without save and load

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Wow! This map had so much details! How many times you spend for building this map?

Thanks! Took me just over 2 months. Since I chose to use mostly right angles, the detailing was largely outlining the shape of the main sectors a few times.

I have also tested all the encounters, before the final area, without dropping mid-fight saves to make sure they're beatable. Completing the whole map in one segment, with no deaths, is obviously a lot more difficult.

1 hour ago, Spectre01 said:

Thanks! Took me just over 2 months. Since I chose to use mostly right angles, the detailing was largely outlining the shape of the main sectors a few times.

I have also tested all the encounters, before the final area, without dropping mid-fight saves to make sure they're beatable. Completing the whole map in one segment, with no deaths, is obviously a lot more difficult.

ok. I watched and yes... for design it would better if you add some wall above gate.

Spoiler

doom00.jpg.dce30bbf920519e676ae91b705e208bb.jpg

and some screen for nightmare :/

Spoiler

doom05.jpg.69919de08053673b25b74f167d87916c.jpg

doom07.jpg.11639ce68fed83b1fefd60e7df6b2bb3.jpg

I'm going to update mine sooner or later. But I believe that I need to record the new saveless demo for it, since it will desync the current demo file.

So this started as a random map I made to cope with mapper's block once and now it's been slaughter-fied* with Benjogami's help. It's a small map compared to what I've seen in this thread. So, have fun!

ss.png.a12a1108115483303e0459a05f17132f.png

slaughterstein_v1.zip
slaughterstein_v2.zip

*the original version of this was hard enough, but nothing like this!

Edited by Xyzzy01

Here's the updated version of my level. If nothing goes wrong with it, this will be the final version. I also built the reject table with ZenNode, thanks to Rjy's guide to make one. The zip file includes the UV-Max saveless demo, which is 33 minutes and 14 seconds long.

- Fixed one major visual glitch around the blue keycard.

- Added some turrets for the 5th stage.

- A timer for the last stage is adjusted to make the gameplay faster and more intense.

The Eclipse of Betelgeuse

On 11/23/2017 at 1:37 AM, CrazyDoomguy said:

Now I know how pass this map skin4v2. But i do it, if the design fixed

Yeah, hold that thought. I've received some good feedback from @elmle and @42PercentHealth 's streams, so there will be further changes before the map is finalized. :)

On 23/11/2017 at 3:10 PM, antares031 said:

Still my most lastingly useful contribution to the community.

Seriously though, once again, nice job with the map. You obviously like noisy visuals (referring also to your eagles08 map). I also must dutifully confess that I found a couple of press-switch-through-wall shortcuts. Please do not fix them :). They're not really shortcuts to a faster exit (both come after exiting becomes possible), although do enable the possibility to leave certain lock-ins earlier than the voodoo conveyor timers would allow.

1 hour ago, Ancalagon said:

a screen with zdoom effects? I don' think so.

I know this is a Boom project, but, its just a title-pic :(

I don't wanted to 'copy' SF title-pic, that why I used those effects.

If Benjogami don't want to use it, its fine.

Edited by DanielAlexander