Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

@Timeless Yeah I forgot to add a midi because normally i just listen to my own music while playing Doom. Anyway I added a midi and updated the link to my original post.

@rdwpa, submissions are encouraged until there are 32 qualifying maps, or until the the 1/31 deadline. There are 33 maps submitted right now, but unless @Dododamian and @40oz reappear, it looks like there are only 29 likely inclusions. First maxed, first in! If there's a big rush of maps at the end, maybe we'll go above 32, or split into 2 wads, or something. If the people want it.

Cool. Will do something gameplay-oriented with simple broadstrokes visuals. 

Also for some reason I had this in my post box when I came to reply. I forget what the context was. 

vxkW5PV.png

Edited by rdwpa

Hey y'all, got a new version of my map which includes a max!

madnessv3.zip

Changes:

The revenant death box is 17% less death, but still 100% box!

Final area has almost double the megaspheres, still a scary fight though.

Added a midi. However, it is very quiet and i can't figure out how to make it louder so if anyone could help me with that I included it in the zip(and in the map).

@elmle I upped the volume on those instruments in the MIDI real quick. Not sure if this does sound the way it is intended now, but I figured I might as well try and see what happens. If you think it needs some more mesing around with I can do that, if you want.

Here it is:

d_runnin.zip

EDIT: I suppose the main reason the volume in the MIDI is so tame is because it doesn't have a lot of "poly" going on. It's quite thin. I suppose it should be possible to make it a bit heavier by adding some more "chords", for that matter. If you want me to give it a try let me know.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

5vCwyWc.jpg

Rocketfest 2018

Anyone care to give a second opinion on this before i sort out a max for it? The map isn't too giant, just a big progressive arena fight.

@Nine Inch Heels

Thanks for trying but I'm not sure anything actually changed in the version you posted, my experience with midis is very limited so feel free to mess with it.

1 hour ago, elmle said:

Thanks for trying but I'm not sure anything actually changed in the version you posted, my experience with midis is very limited so feel free to mess with it.

Okay, I suppose it was to be expected, so I messed with it. It should have some more "weight" now. If you still want things tweaked, tell me what exactly you would want changed.

d_runninEDIT.zip

Rocketfest 2018 v2

Small update following feedback from Ancalagon. Includes a sedate 14:31 max demo by yours truly.

max for rocketfest in 7:58

Awesome map! A wad combining both design and entertainment  , really had so much fun playing it . My only complaint would be that some monsters gets accidentally knocked of the arena . A block monster linedef would have saved around 10-20 seconds to my run. Otherwise, really fun map scotty.

rfest-758.zip

5 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

max for rocketfest in 7:58

Awesome map! A wad combining both design and entertainment  , really had so much fun playing it . My only complaint would be that some monsters gets accidentally knocked of the arena . A block monster linedef would have saved around 10-20 seconds to my run. Otherwise, really fun map scotty.

rfest-758.zip

Nice run! Yeah, i appreciate the guys falling off can be a pain, but it's sort unavoidable in this kinda map cause of all the cacodemons.

so after trying to max my map for 5 hours and only getting to the final fight once... ive decided to nerf a couple fights

-2nd fight the PEs were removed cause they can really cause impossible situations.. so its just cacos that spawn in now but I removed the medikits since you don't need them now.

-AV/Rev fight is now Av/Pinkies

-Exit was moved to the start area of the map so if u missed a couple monsters its possible to kill them now and also leaves faster max strats open..i think

Updated the link in my original post.

1 minute ago, Benjogami said:

Nice. Now do it again for v2. :D

I think it is... the demo stayed in sync anyway (i was surprised at how quickly A7 posted that demo!).

Oh, wow it is, lol! When I looked at the posts, yours was "1 hour ago" and A7's was "59 minutes ago" so I assumed it was impossible. But I guess that "hour" might've been more like 1 hour and 59 minutes. Stupid imprecise timekeeping!

On 23/10/2017 at 0:01 PM, A7MAD said:

I am currently working on my final slaughterMAX project , I will be giving it insane difficulty and I am making it completely from scratch , so you wont see anymore copy-like map structures. 

@A7MAD Has this been cancelled? I assume it was going to be bigger then Dead Ringer from the description above.

20 minutes ago, Bloodite Krypto said:

@A7MAD Has this been cancelled? I assume it was going to be bigger then Dead Ringer from the description above.

Has this been cancelled ? YES! I lost my composure for making any more slaughtermaps .

EDIT: Fixed a bunch of bugs in the map, download new version if you haven't.

Threw this together over the course of a few days. Small/linear map with high difficulty. HNTR is both harder and easier, more of a BFG spam-fest; HMP is lower difficulty. I maxed UV and HNTR but didn't record demos as I have to use GZDoom lately because my GLboom is tanking FPS for some reason- in other words, needs someone to max if they are so inclined :D. Pics below.

Abscessv2.wad

4.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Nirvana

5 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Threw this together over the course of a few days. Small/linear map with high difficulty. HNTR is both harder and easier, more of a BFG spam-fest; HMP is lower difficulty. I maxed UV and HNTR but didn't record demos as I have to use GZDoom lately because my GLboom is tanking FPS for some reason- in other words, needs someone to max if they are so inclined :D. Pics below.

Abscess.wad 

4.png

I absolutely love the outdoor area, I find it gorgeous, particularly the blood pool.

Found an exploit in Abscess, you can climb this step (specifically at Linedef 2705 / Sector 373) then camp in the corner and avoid the Barons and Cybs.

doom00.png.bd589f35fd401f101a2c61c97f4ef307.png

Hmm that should be fixed in the newer version I think? If that was v2 then I might have uploaded the wrong file. I reuploaded it just in case. Thanks!

I'd personally smooth the angle of the teeth to appear more curved and less diamond-shaped. Cool shot tho.

I nearly did do that, but for some reason I liked the boxiness of it. Felt very 'doom' to me. Maybe I'll mess around with it though.