SlaughterMAX - A community project

Its bad that you limited this to iwad textures, cause I have one really evil and cramped map on my disk but it needs cc4tex and floor version of zzwolf5.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Looking at this, I will throw my hat into the ring to make a map or two, I don't mind using the stock textures to be honest. :)

Not sure what I will make yet, maybe another HR throwback or maybe something more contemporary.

Share this post


Link to post

I would totally play a slaughter map based off New Hefei Castle from Dynasty Warriors 8- Xtreme Legends, even though I'm terrible at slaughtermaps. Just throwing that out there. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

paging ToD to the thread, after his awesome Quake/SH map imaginings :D

Share this post


Link to post

My map is starting to take shape.  Ill keep updating this post with my progress.

Screenshot_Doom_20170524_211646.png

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to include my Ice Rage level in this project but the bad news is that it uses sf2012-tex and cc4-tex for resources. It sucks that no one started downloading it off of /idgames.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2017 at 7:25 PM, Ribbiks said:

setting a map in stone after a maxdemo has been recorded seems like a bad idea. what if the map was technically maxable, and someone recorded it, but it would've been immeasurably more fun with a few minor changes? (e.g. adding a soulsphere somewhere facilitates an aggressive strat where otherwise you are more or less forced to play conservatively, or something)

I've had the same issue with my Ice Rage level. After recording it, I've noticed some misaligned textures which most of them involve the top/bottom textures surrounded by the middle textures and I was only able to align the top or bottom textures with the neighbors. I've looked at some of your levels and others from the Slaughterfest 3 project and I found that you could unpeg the top and bottom to make both of them align properly with the surrounding middle textures.

Share this post


Link to post

I've beaten Necrovein. I have a feeling that it isn't going to count in this project because I played this with GZDoom.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, Unholypimp1n said:

My map is starting to take shape.  Ill keep updating this post with my progress.

Lookin good!

 

On 6/1/2017 at 4:18 AM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I would love to include my Ice Rage level in this project but the bad news is that it uses sf2012-tex and cc4-tex for resources. It sucks that no one started downloading it off of /idgames.

If you retexture it with IWAD textures and it gets a PrBoom+ complevel 9 UV-Max demo, I have no problem with including Ice Rage. It's of course preferable to have never-seen-before maps made specifically for the project, but it's no big deal.

 

On 6/1/2017 at 7:51 AM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I've beaten Necrovein. I have a feeling that it isn't going to count in this project because I played this with GZDoom.

Yeah, for map acceptance, and for the UV-Max demopack that will be included with the release, only complevel 9 demos recorded in PrBoom+ are allowed. Thanks for playing and making a video though. :)

 

...

 

In other news! PRIMEVAL has offered to make midis for SlaughterMAX, so I added a note to the OP for that.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Can we contribute more than one map?  I have something quickly thrown together but playable(needs a demo) and another that's ugly but hopefully has fun gameplay for beginners to slaughter.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry I havnt been working on my map too much as of late, real life things keep poppin up.  I should be able to work on it more after today though.

 

Share this post


Link to post

@Benjogami any chance of using the cc4falls extra liquid textures? It's not a major addition but they are incredibly useful textures.

 

On that note would you accept a tuned up version of my Megaproject entry from last year? I want to do the gameplay on that map true justice and didn't have time to originally.

 

Also, new WIP (very very early progress)...

 

ev4q7Rg.png

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

I suppose we can use cc4falls! I'll add it to the OP.

 

And yep, I'll accept a tuned up version of your DMP16 map.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, here's the updated and hopefully improved Sons of Liberty (basically just spent the last 4 hours working on it heh). I felt the original was way too front loaded and some of the later fights were too easy in comparison, so i have tried to address that. I think the map plays way better than the original. Monster count went up by around 200 :D  This map was very inspired by the Sunlust guys and is not intended as a Furnace tribute fyi... i just wanted to use the colour orange with the metal textures.

 

I would kindly ask that no one lock this in with a demo yet, i would prefer to get feedback and keep improving the map, cause i haven't attempted many maps with this style of gameplay yet. I want to try and make sure it has some replayability for people. @loveless @Killer5 i know i asked one of you guys about testing this potentially, i forget who sorry :D  Any gameplay comments or bugs reports are super appreciated.

 

DOWNLOAD (needs cc4falls for the lava fall texture)

 

If you didn't play the Megaproject version here's what you're in for...

 

Spoiler

CAHpxTi.png

 

wzwqPvT.png

 

Edited by Scotty
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post

@Scotty I can play this on stream in 20 minutes.  cc4-tex and I'm good to go?  

  

edit: Nvm, grabbed the cc4falls from the OP.

Edited by loveless

Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I used cc4falls.wad and something odd happens.  1a35c31cfc.jpg  

  

my bat file is: glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file sonsofliberty-smax.wad cc4falls.wad -skill 4 -complevel 9 -shorttics  

  

I am not sure why this is happening.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, shoulda double checked it in Boom, always some texture bullshit with it... will take a quick look. (edit - i think there was a problem with the patches or something, this link for the map works for Boom players anyway cause i put all the textures in).

Edited by Scotty
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post

I was digging through my old wads and found some maps I made for a project called Motornerve 2. I dont think ill ever finish it so ill be happy to donate them to this project.

 

MN2 had a weird goal where I tried to make deathmatch maps that were also single player maps with lots of crowd control, so they might need a little work to be what you might want them to be, but they use IWAD doom 2 textures and are pretty short and fun.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 28/6/2017 at 8:01 PM, Scotty said:

I would kindly ask that no one lock this in with a demo yet, i would prefer to get feedback and keep improving the map, cause i haven't attempted many maps with this style of gameplay yet.

I don' think the point of making a demo is to put an inmediate lock in a map, but to make sure the mappers create playable maps. Creating a demo is kind of a lock because no one wants to desync his own demo and any fatal flaw of the map would be discovered while attempting to record.

 

Edited by Ancalagon

Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post

Ok here is my map Blood and Stones...its the 2nd map I have ever finished so in terms of detailing and level design its not the best but oh well :) 

The folder includes the max demo (34:17)

Easily improvable time by 10 mins or so.. Im not a speed runner :p and I couldn't get to the ammo during the cyberdemon choke fight so that took a lot longer then it should have..

Anyway here is the download: https://www.mediafire.com/?fshdr30xd4blye1

Also a screenshot: 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Bdubzzz said:

Ok here is my map Blood and Stones...its the 2nd map I have ever finished so in terms of detailing and level design its not the best but oh well :) 

The folder includes the max demo (34:17)

Easily improvable time by 10 mins or so.. Im not a speed runner :p and I couldn't get to the ammo during the cyberdemon choke fight so that took a lot longer then it should have..

Anyway here is the download: https://www.mediafire.com/?fshdr30xd4blye1

Also a screenshot: 

 

 

What texture pack did you use because I loaded the level and I am seeing a lot of unknown textures?

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

What texture pack did you use because I loaded the level and I am seeing a lot of unknown textures?

Hmm should just be the standard iwad doom 2 textures unless it got screwed up somehow.. was it not showing up with gzdoom? ( only tested the map in boom)

 

Originally it had new Gothic movement 2 textures (was going to make my own wad) and I retextured it for this project so maybe that somehow screwed it up?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Bdubzzz said:

Hmm should just be the standard iwad doom 2 textures unless it got screwed up somehow.. was it not showing up with gzdoom? ( only tested the map in boom)

 

Originally it had new Gothic movement 2 textures (was going to make my own wad) and I retextured it for this project so maybe that somehow screwed it up?

Some of the textures did not show up in GZDoom.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Some of the textures did not show up in GZDoom.

I'm not seeing any missing textures in GZDoom. Are you using the correct IWAD?

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2017 at 7:22 PM, Scotty said:

Ok, shoulda double checked it in Boom, always some texture bullshit with it... will take a quick look. (edit - i think there was a problem with the patches or something, this link for the map works for Boom players anyway cause i put all the textures in).

Ah yes, more than one TEXTURE lump makes PrBoom+ sad: there's one in cc4falls and one in your wad for the sky transfer. Anyone who wants to use cc4falls and a sky is going to have this problem. Hmmmm! I suppose I could toss the falls and Mechadon's Box o Skies into a resource wad, and everyone will have to choose from those skies. Should be enough skies to make everyone happy?

 

EDIT! After a bit more thinking and realizing how silly and large such a resource wad would be, I'm going to update the OP with the following: you may use WFALL, LAVFALL, and SLMFALL from cc4-tex, and you may transfer a sky. If you choose to do so, please include all of it in your wad. I'll remove the link to the cc4falls resource wad.

 

There, easy. :P

Edited by Benjogami
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Benjogami said:

I'm not seeing any missing textures in GZDoom. Are you using the correct IWAD?

I used DOOM2.WAD. The texture showed up as checkered blue and white.

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 01/07/2017 at 11:11 AM, Ancalagon said:

I don' think the point of making a demo is to put an inmediate lock in a map, but to make sure the mappers create playable maps. Creating a demo is kind of a lock because no one wants to desync his own demo and any fatal flaw of the map would be discovered while attempting to record.

 

 

I get you. I just want to make sure there were no stupid camping spots or anything like that really.

 

12 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I used DOOM2.WAD. The texture showed up as checkered blue and white.

 

Runs fine for me in both Boom and zDoom based ports - there are no addon textures even present in the wad anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

 

 

I get you. I just want to make sure there were no stupid camping spots or anything like that really.

 

 

Runs fine for me in both Boom and zDoom based ports - there are no addon textures even present in the wad anyway.

This is what I see in your level.

 

Unknown textures.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

This is what I see in your level.

 

Unknown textures.png

Oh, ok, but it looks like that is in an unreachable area of the map, so why does it matter really? (PS this is not my map)

Edited by Scotty

Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now