Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

1 hour ago, tmorrow said:

Congratulations @mArt1And00m3r11339, you managed to finish the final section without relying on the crushers to take out the barons around the outside. Was that deliberate or because you didn't know about the crushers?

That was because I had 100 health left with no armor and there were no megaspheres left. I was afraid that if I took the stairs with the barons alive, I would end up dying (I would fear that all it takes is 2 fireballs from the barons and I'm dead, so I just stayed away and killed them some by some).

nice job, Back and Forth took me the longest but the final version was nerfed down so it could be easier for me to max ;p 

38 minutes ago, Bdubzzz said:

nice job, Back and Forth took me the longest but the final version was nerfed down so it could be easier for me to max ;p 

This music would be a good fit for your level.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:59 PM, Bdubzzz said:

I still think it was a pretty good level. My longest levels are the cake levels (Oreo Cake Massacre, Carrot Cake Massacre, and Peanut Butter Cake Massacre) which took me ~6 hours to beat them.

46 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I wonder if this project is still active.

It will be on idgames, when it's done. If you really want to know about the progress, just ask the project manager.

1 hour ago, antares031 said:

It will be on idgames, when it's done. If you really want to know about the progress, just ask the project manager.

The reason why I asked was because I haven't heard anyone say anything about this project in some time.

I believe there are just some co-op checks to be done before the wad gets shipped off to idgames, and the SP version of the wad will not change at all at this point.

Small issue with map 17 Literally unplayable. I completed the western + encounter pacifist which resulted in the last encounter of the map being skipped.

The monsters can't be woken up from the last fight area either so I had to play the level again to see the last fight. 

Hope this was worth bumping the thread.

14 hours ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Small issue with map 17 Literally unplayable.

Heh was thinking, 'that escalated quickly' -- until remembering the map name. 

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Heh was thinking, 'that escalated quickly' -- until remembering the map name. 

It would be a major issue if the map was, indeed, literally unplayable.

Might as well ask if there is any update on the coop version or final release of this project?

Hi! What's yellow key switch supposed to do on map 9? Nothing seems to lower or open. Am I missing something? Playing in zdoom 2.8.1.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, Lucky_Edie said:

Small issue with map 17 Literally unplayable. I completed the western + encounter pacifist which resulted in the last encounter of the map being skipped.

The monsters can't be woken up from the last fight area either so I had to play the level again to see the last fight. 

Hope this was worth bumping the thread.

Good find, but I don't think it can be fixed without desyncing the demo.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, Spectre01 said:

It would be a major issue if the map was, indeed, literally unplayable.

Might as well ask if there is any update on the coop version or final release of this project?

There's just one issue to solve and some more testing for the coop version. I'm tempted to just upload them to the archive separately at this point!

9 hours ago, Firedust said:

Hi! What's yellow key switch supposed to do on map 9? Nothing seems to lower or open. Am I missing something? Playing in zdoom 2.8.1.

Hopefully it lowers this pillar/teleporter:

doom02.png.ef953d1710a3e75fc971983652e49def.png

1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

Hopefully it lowers this pillar/teleporter:

doom02.png.ef953d1710a3e75fc971983652e49def.png

It didn't : ( I'm playing the co-op version I think.

I'm currently playing this wad. I have a lot of fun on it but unfortunately , I don't have the time to write detailed reviews. So here are short reviews on the 8 first levels I played for now :

1 - Fun but brutal colorful classic cavernous map.

2 - A hellish level with very rudimentary graphics, but on the other hand I had a lot of fun in the room with the teleporting monsters.

3 - Fun map which can be easily cheesed by circle-strafing. Arch-viles didn't cause me so much trouble.

4 - Very Brutal little arena. Nothing special to say about this map.

5 - Tough "Ribbiks wanna-be" kind of map with a million of arch-viles but fun.

6 - Really impressive map in terms of architecture. It reminded me of Sunder map 11. Pretty creative combats , even if I found the last area a bit dull.

7. I didn't like this map. I didn't understand the gimmick here. I had to watch BK's demo.

8 - I oddly enjoyed this map. I loved how square the architecture was. The level was not very hard except at the end where I literraly spent hours to find a way to kill all the HK and the Revenants.

I'm playing through this for the first time myself. Most of the maps were pretty fun so far. I've had to skip map07 because I don't know how to glide and I've skipped map11 as well because I just got so frustrated with the meager ammo supply in the last fight. I've actually noticed a lot of maps have had a pretty low ammo supply, which I'm not really a fan of, but oh well. Map31 was incredibly, incredibly grindy for me, not sure how many people would agree. I'm at the beginning of map16 right now, and I must say whoever chose the midi has absolute great taste. It's probably my favorite banjo-tooie soundtrack aside from the Grunty Industries one.