Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

1 hour ago, DanielAlexander said:

So, I played the latest version of The Eclipse of Betelgeuse today because I wanted to upload it to my youtube channel, but it becomes unplayable in the final fight because my computer sucks :''(    [I played it with GlBoom+]

What graphics card did you use on your device? I used Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and I didn't have issues with the level.

Played the first couple levels, peeked at the rest, then tried 32. Loving it so far, great job everyone!

Question @Killer5: on Map32, is there a subtle clue that I missed as to which quadrant holds what, or is the intent to memorize the direction? I picked Revenants first after clearing the zombies. It ended badly ;).

Heyyy, finally working on RC2. Sorry for the delay. Other stuff was more fun. I'm very irresponsible.

Some bad news, @antares031 ... your new demo for the new version of your map misses 1 monster. Would you like to redo it, or use the old version of the map?

In other news, the main fixes are almost done. I gotta try to track down the last couple issues because my notes are lacking particulars (I thought the notes were good enough because I didn't plan on waiting this long and forgetting the particulars). They're minor issues that don't really need to be fixed, but I'll put in some work to remember. And then I'll do the coop stuff, and then RC2 will be done.

2 hours ago, Benjogami said:

Some bad news, your new demo for the new version of your map misses 1 monster.

I've rewatched the latest demo, and I checked no problem with it; all monsters were killed, and all secrets were found. Would you tell me what happened during your demo-checking more specifically? For your information, I used both RC2 version of wad and demo file, and I recorded it with GLBoom+ 2.5.1.5. If this issue also happens to other players, I will re-record the UV-max demo attempt with no problem.

BbxRWGq.png

@antares031 You'd need to check the monster counter with "smart totals" off. With it on, like in your screenshot, it only shows enemies killed that started out in the map, and doesn't count monsters revived by Archviles.

Yeah, what Spectre said. With smart totals off, there's one guy left:

doom12.png.7645fffc35c36ba33601d9d74d8ada14.png

And here on the map, if you can spot it:

doom13.png.cbf6098fd9fe672a278082fb4ed07537.png

Spoiler

just under the "P" in pause :P

That's something good to know. Allow me to use a few days to update my level with new demo recording.

Here's the updated version with new UV-Max demo recording. I got all of them this time, including the resurrected one.

* Changelog

- Even further optimization by reducing the size of level

Spoiler

Before:
zofSaHA.png

After:

pv10lRx.png

- Adjusted the method to start the final stage

- Increased the monster count on UV from 28,350 to 32,398

smax_antares031_20180521.zip

Scene: 2 years later, Slaughtermax RC7 has just been released

Benjogami, eyes wide, dripping with sweat: 'antares, found another bug, your map crashes if linedef 39350 is crossed before the switch is hit for the red key Corvette.'

Antares: 'alright, I've fixed the map and rerecorded the UV-max. - Optimized to run on a vintage 386 from 1994 - Increased the monster count on UV from 523,699 to 567,250'

19 minutes ago, antares031 said:

Here's the updated version with new UV-Max demo recording. I got all of them this time, including the resurrected one.

* Changelog

- Even further optimization by reducing the size of level

Hide contents

Before:
zofSaHA.png

After:

pv10lRx.png

- Adjusted the method to start the final stage

smax_antares031_20180521.zip

I've recorded so many versions of the level, the one with 22K enemies and the other with 29K (counting the lost souls).

17 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

No more South Korean flag? ;(

Had to delete some decorative lines and sectors for optimization, sorry. ㅠ_ㅠ

12 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

...Optimized to run on a vintage 386 from 1994 - Increased the monster count on UV from 523,699 to 567,250'

Hehe, let's see how much I can go further, until it's on idgames. XD

8 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I've recorded so many versions of the level, the one with 22K enemies and the other with 29K (counting the lost souls).

Not to worry, I forgot to mention that I deleted every lost souls on UV.

45 minutes ago, antares031 said:

But wait, there's more!

RC2 is available in the OP!

At this point, if you'd like to help facilitate improvements, the best areas to focus on are the "Casual" and "Wild" difficulty settings (balance changes can still be made there), and coop testing with smaxcoop.wad (there are probably still some bugs to be found).

RC2 changelist:

Spoiler

- Slaughterstein and Canyon Base: Swapped map slots
- Slaughterstein: Improved Wild mode
- Canyon Base: Improved Wild mode
- Struggle Bug: Fixed a missing texture
- Heavy Impact: Fixed a midtex rendering through floor in software
- Rocketfest 2018: Improved Wild mode, demo is in sync again
- Blood and Stones: Improved Wild mode
- Swiss Cheese Strike: Improved Wild mode
- Electro Wizard: Changed some W1 teleports to WRs
- Electro Wizard: Improved Wild mode
- Dead Ringer: Improved Wild mode
- Castle of Hell: Improved Wild mode
- Back and Forth: Fixed some missing textures
- Back and Forth: Improved Wild mode
- The Eclipse of Betelgeuse: Updated map and demo added
- Assassin's Greed: Improved Wild mode
- Added smaxcoop.wad which is a standalone wad with fixes for coop

3 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

level 7 seems like a puzzle. how does one avoid being crushed? i know killing the AV triggers it.

Spoiler

You have to keep the vile alive so that it can resurrect the arachnotrons. Each time you kill all of the arachs, the floor raises a little bit, and you'll eventually reach the top. The crusher starts after a fixed amount of time to prevent a softlock. :D

7 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

I made a map for slaughtermax 2, where can I upload it :)))

At the rate I make progress mapping, I should probably start now if I want to submit something to SMAX IV.

Started recently playing this. Map01, in GZDoom after hitting the blue key switch, you get stuff like https://puu.sh/CfYle/659a2ad0c7.jpg this. Probably because the floor is descending non-stop into the ground.

3 minutes ago, Major Cooke said:

Started recently playing this. Map01, in GZDoom after hitting the blue key switch, you get stuff like https://puu.sh/CfYle/659a2ad0c7.jpg this. Probably because the floor is descending non-stop into the ground.

I'd recommend trying a source port like PrBoom+ for this, then it shouldn't "bug out". Also some maps in this set will be quite high on monster counts, and that means there's a chance you will experience framerate issues at some point with GZDoom anyway.

I advise fixing issues in advanced ports if at all possible, there is a decent enough audience among casuals and coop players for slaughtermaps

Id play the co op version of the wad if you use gzdoom (the original maps can't be edited much so demos don't desync) 

Congratulations @mArt1And00m3r11339, you managed to finish the final section without relying on the crushers to take out the barons around the outside. Was that deliberate or because you didn't know about the crushers?