Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

@Benjogami I did OUTHOUSE savescumming. Evil as fuck. Helped me to find out how EASY are my slaughter maps in comparison. Design is not bad, but mediocre. Would you guest map for Harvest? Your layout and monster placement + my design?

20 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

@Benjogami I did OUTHOUSE savescumming. Evil as fuck. Helped me to find out how EASY are my slaughter maps in comparison. Design is not bad, but mediocre. Would you guest map for Harvest? Your layout and monster placement + my design?

Thanks for your interest. I have a lot of things I want to get done in 2018, so I'll have to pass for now. If I find some time to play Harvest and it's still being worked on in 2019, maybe I can cook something up. ;)

ritournelle in 9:37

This route I quit doing first time, but it's more proper as you will see cause the idea here is to release all 5 cybers and mix them with the crowd as fast as possible. My previous run is not that agressive. I recorded this one on another PC that is more like a TV, so some moves are very clumsy. I forgot about the translucency tuning and about the smart totals, damn...

In this demo the game forgives me so often that I feel ashamed and the funny thing is I failed some max attempts earlier when I was playing at home because of 1 monster left, and again 1 monster left, and secret left, and lose time due to incautious stepping on the blue key platform but still this time still beats the all of the rest failed demos time. I just knew it has to be under 10 with normal tempo so here it is.

The start until RL is more entertaining with 2 PE's but sometimes they wont enter the hall. If they are near I always trying to chase them and blow up. PE on this map can be intrusive but only just until the jump to the north chamber with archies and plasma. With some of the archviles i was not watchful and the secret with the bfg here looks not so harsh but it can be very fun...

@tourniquet, thank you once again!

Wow, what an improvement. I've also tried but never managed to release all Cyb's during playtesting, great to see you've pulled it off.

Also sick performance in the BFG secret. Bloody awesome demo.

2 hours ago, tourniquet said:

Wow, what an improvement. I've also tried but never managed to release all Cyb's during playtesting, great to see you've pulled it off.

Also sick performance in the BFG secret. Bloody awesome demo.

I'm glad that you liked my efforts, for me most often it is possible to get to the bfg secret but that risky tactic there seems necessery anyway so I die and this is fairly. I would not even say how to play this part safely in casual run. I think when any player will reveal this secret first time he will want to have a chance to get out immediately. Until now, I can not find interesting solutions to speed up the withering slaughterhouse. I just trying to leave everything for a chance of an infight actions. May be even PE's are pretty useful in this case. I don't think at this point I can think of anything really new to the route but little details can be significant and improvment to 8:XX already now is real

New Map!

Level Name : (Struggle Bug ), just a short slaughter map made in a couple of days . Can be finished in under 2 minutes . 

doom17.png.6836ac6f1b201b7e1017c6ec982b0121.png

Some issues include texture alignments which are very unnoticeable .

Struggle Bug.zip

42 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

Level Name : (Struggle Bug ), just a short slaughter map made in a couple of days . Can be finished in under 2 minutes

A quick fun little romp that most players should be able to finish. The only problem I see is if you are unlucky the cacodemons will fly right up high where they can't be targeted (happened my first run). Is there a way to lower the ceiling so the caco's can always be targeted?

21 minutes ago, tmorrow said:

A quick fun little romp that most players should be able to finish. The only problem I see is if you are unlucky the cacodemons will fly right up high where they can't be targeted (happened my first run). Is there a way to lower the ceiling so the caco's can always be targeted?

Are you playing in ZDoom? Because I think that won't happen if you play in prboom+, which is the intended port for this WAD.

50 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Are you playing in ZDoom? Because I think that won't happen if you play in prboom+, which is the intended port for this WAD.

40 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

its intentional 

Yes, I was using zdoom2.8.1. Since it's intentional, all good then! I'll let someone else submit a prboom+ demo so the map can secure a position in the wad. A great starter map in my opinion.

Another map I made in like 4 days in my spare time 

-has implemented skill levels.. Skill 2 is harder then UV.

-pretty short map with the exception of the final fight

Map name: Castle of hell (ft. the worlds smallest and undetailed castle :p )

Midi: machinae supremacy - sidstyler 

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/afim2apglmq7dtr/CastleofHellvfinal.zip?dl=0

coh1.jpg

coh2.jpg

Edited by Bdubzzz

1 hour ago, Bdubzzz said:

Skill 2 is harder then UV.

I think this only makes sense if every map in the wad followed the same convention. Perhaps something better left for a sequel or different project?

Edit: @Bdubzzz, I do apologize, I had missed that part of the specification.

Edited by RjY

On 5/7/2017 at 6:56 PM, Benjogami said:
  • Implement Medium difficulty such that it’s slightly more forgiving than Hard. If you don’t, I’ll do it lazily for you.
  • Implement Easy difficulty such that it’s a fun or ridiculous reimagining of the map. It can be harder than Hard and it doesn’t need a demo, but it’s a good idea to test it with saves at least. See my map for an example of what I mean. If you don’t do it, I’ll do it very lazily for you.

@RjY

Indeed :D I feel like a lot of mappers overlooked that. HNTR can be lots of things: fights reimagined, jokey, extra difficult, or some combination of all those things.

@everyone (too bad that doesn't work!): If you have a map submitted in any state, now would be a good time to work on HMP and HNTR, unless you'd like me to do it lazily for you. If you implemented a conventional HNTR that is similar to but easier than HMP, I'll probably mess it up with lots of archviles, for example. :P

If you have a qualifying map, make sure that the demo is still in sync after making any changes to HMP/HNTR. If you only change the Easy/Medium flags for existing things, and new things are Easy/Medium only, the demo should be fine. But deleting things that weren't flagged Hard when a Hard demo was recorded can desync the demo. And mistakes happen, vertices get dragged, so test, test, test!

6 hours ago, Benjogami said:

@everyone (too bad that doesn't work!): If you have a map submitted in any state, now would be a good time to work on HMP and HNTR, unless you'd like me to do it lazily for you. If you implemented a conventional HNTR that is similar to but easier than HMP, I'll probably mess it up with lots of archviles, for example. :P

Wait, what? We're not supposed to implement a conventional "easy" mode?? 'Cuz that's what I did...

6 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

......I'll probably mess it up with lots of archviles, for example. :P

This is exactly what I did for my level on HNTR. ;)

40 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

If you have a map submitted in any state, now would be a good time to work on HMP and HNTR, unless you'd like me to do it lazily for you. If you implemented a conventional HNTR that is similar to but easier than HMP, I'll probably mess it up with lots of archviles, for example. :P

As you know, my MAP30 entitled Bugger This was made many years ago, before this project was conceived; it was never released properly due to its intended project dying before completion. Hence its skill settings follow the usual convention. Given its age, I would prefer not to mess with it, and — sadly and with apologies — to withdraw it, than have it messed with. I am sorry to waste your time, and everyone else's; I should have read the rules more carefully, and not submitted it in the first place.

58 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

will removing maybe 1 or 2 megaspheres will do the trick?

I suggest putting a bit more effort into it ;) But it could work depending on the map, who knows! For example, I did the HNTR mode for Xyzzy's map, and I removed health to make it reality-oriented, but then I also replaced all the chaingunners with revs, which required some testing and resource moving.

15 minutes ago, RjY said:

As you know, my MAP30 entitled Bugger This was made many years ago, before this project was conceived; it was never released properly due to its intended project dying before completion. Hence its skill settings follow the usual convention. Given its age, I would prefer not to mess with it, and — sadly and with apologies — to withdraw it, than have it messed with. I am sorry to waste your time, and everyone else's; I should have read the rules more carefully, and not submitted it in the first place.

In that case I would rather it stay in unchanged than to have it withdrawn, especially since there's not going to be any other IoS map!

im pretty lazy wrt lower difficulty implementation so you are more than welcome to ruin my maps with lots of viles on lower difficulties :)

Here's a short "lazy way to implement difficulty settings" guide for slaughtermaps:

• When dealing with hordes: HNTR has 50% and HMP 75% of UV enemy count.
    • Reduce any infighting Cyberdemons proportionately.
  • When dealing with difficult enemies like Viles and PEs: use the 1-2-3 rule. So if there's a 15 Vile-rush on UV, make it 10 on HMP and 5 on HNTR.
  • Leave resources untouched.

That's it!

2 hours ago, Benjogami said:

In that case I would rather it stay in unchanged than to have it withdrawn, especially since there's not going to be any other IoS map!

Fair enough. I would be happier if it were able to remain. Many thanks for being understanding!

closest canyon base attempt for @DanielAlexanderlol_canyonb.zip (<-edit: just to be clear this is a failed attempt)

"-skipsec -40" because it's 12 minutes of circlestrafing.

The map doesn't have over 1000 monsters so it looked more approachable than some of the other maps here; it was.  I tried playing it normally and it was hard, but still seemed doable because you get a free BFG and insane amounts of space.  Those viles don't seem unfair for that reason.  Eventually I realized I could just circle strafe for 10 minutes and let the map solve itself through infighting.  I did that and it seemed pretty safe, and I almost got to the end in a single attempt with that strat.  I still died tho because a cyberdemon cock-blocked me in 'lol_canyonb.lmp'.  Map is easy with just circlestrafing.  If it's close to the deadline at end of month, I'll just crank out a demo if no one else does one.

I also tried @elmle's map a while ago but I can't beat the revenant death box.  I actually got pretty far with it by my standards (not by top-tier slaughter-player standards), but ran out of ammo on the lower terrace, with only the rockets on the perimeter ledge remaining.  There were still too many revs up there guarding that ammo, so it was hard for me.  I have respect for those players who can string together consecutive hard encounters somewhat consistently.  That doesn't describe me though.

good luck on the closure of this project.

So i took a look at Canyon base.. 2nd attempt i maxed it after casual playthrough and uh this is a very casual max where 90% of the time im just running around letting the map kill it self but its just a demo for the map to qualify for the wad :p 

I might try to improve this time since this was as i said.. my 2nd attempt after looking at the level 

Canyon base UV Max 16:02 - 

CB-1602.zip

It seems like we have 32 levels submitted; if you add up the qualifiers + need max + feedback maps.

Also, real talk: Does anybody actually plan on maxing my map? I assume not, but making sure just in case. :P Otherwise I'll move current UV to HNTR and make UV a "fun-challenge" difficulty that I can casually max myself in about 1.5 hours. Also, can I do this in either -cl -1 or -cl9 in this version of PRBoom+? I'm allergic to ticks of the short variety.

48 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Also, can I do this in either -cl -1 or -cl9 in this version of PRBoom+? I'm allergic to ticks of the short variety.

Hmmmmm.... no, sorry. :P

I considered allowing cl 9 longtics, but I see that the demo wouldn't be compatible with other versions of PrBoom+, which is a definite no-go. Also, one purpose of the max demo is to show others how the map can be done in complevel 9, since the wad should be played in complevel 9, and a longtics or cl -1 demo won't accurately represent that experience to the viewer.