Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

Castle of Hell UV Max 18:52

Probably my best demo in terms of going fast but the cage cyber fight and last fight could be better. First exit.

CoH-1852.zip

@Nirvana So where are you suppose to go after you get the bfg? Maybe up here? but its not possible unless you AV jump... (red key is not lowered, hit all 3 switches)

EDIT: gave my self the red key, in the last fight you have imps and revs that dont teleport in because they are sleeping.

Abscessv.jpg

Edited by Bdubzzz

@Bdubzzz Think you must have an old version of the wad somehow, it was updated fairly recently in an edit, the sleeping monsters are fixed, along with some other things. As for the red key, it's right there in the room, it lowers after you walk over all the skulls on the ground of the main area. Suppose I could make it a different coloured key so it's more obvious or up the brightness, but I didn't think it was that hard to see.

Here's the latest version anyway:

Abscess (v3) -This version makes the red key lower with everything else, as stated in my comment below.

Edited by Nirvana

@Nirvana Nah the issue was the red key was not lowered but i guess i had to "walk over all the skulls on the ground of the main area." Never noticed skulls :p ( you can start the red key fight without the key lowering so that would fix the issue probably)

Edit: Also the monsters are still sleeping ( re downloaded the version you posted) :D

Edited by Bdubzzz

You know, in retrospect, I have no idea why it was two separate tags. I think I made it at like 5am though so that probably explains it...

Regardless, I changed the arena so everything happens once you have run over the skulls on the floor. 

I've had the same issue too @Nirvana.  here is a demo of the first time i finally got through the revenant tunnel; i got lost a bit afterwards.  noisy_Abscessv2(confused).zip

those pegs you have to lower are cool, but are gonna confuse a lot of people first playthrough.  mostly because you can skip them and trigger the fight anyways (except for the cacos don't come out).

also, I got to the last fight a few times but haven't beaten it yet.

I kinda made a map.

Velvet.zip

I am not that great in slaughtermaps, but I wanted to give it a shot. While I did test it and play through it, cannot vouch for the encounter quality.

No difficulties yet.

WpuU18z.jpg

Just now, NoisyVelvet said:

My my, I'm flattered. *flutters eyes creepily*

Name's more reference to another map I made with kinda similar visual theme, but heh. 

Edited by floatRand

57 minutes ago, elmle said:

unless you have any other ideas I'd say it will work.

I can certainly give it a bit more oomph still. The question is how much more you think it needs for you to be okay. So far I've been kinda careful with making changes, because I didn't want to overdo it.

The main problem is when using the SDL midi player it can barely be heard as soon as there is any kind of action going on in the map.

I suppose that could be solved by not using SDL but hey, give it another bass boost and we'll see.

13 hours ago, floatRand said:

I kinda made a map.

Velvet.zip

I put the map in "ready for max" section since it didn't seem like you were looking to make changes (besides difficulty settings). Let me know if that's not right.

12 hours ago, Bloodite Krypto said:

@Benjogami Looks like you overlooked updating the OP with my 'Struggle Bug' demo from the previous page :(

Whoops! Now added.

I was just going to post something in here to say that whilst I have a map in the pipeline, it probably won't be finished before the deadline, plus with plenty of submissions already in here, perhaps leaving it for something else wouldn't be a bad idea in the long run.

Here is a screenshot of part of the map at the moment.

slaughtermaxcb.png

12 hours ago, floatRand said:

I kinda made a map.

Velvet.zip

Here's what I recorded, a uv-max attempt for Velvet. All killed, 1 secret which I revealed didn't count unfortunately (-skipsec 1022) but I did not pay attention to it so may be a little tune up here will be nice. Nothing special to say about this run, just not much risky nervous survival. I don't doubt that you can smash the last encounter much better jumping with bfg and this will be a good sight and that also concerns the rest. Did not check closely but this was not the goal

It is a pretty interesting map for me in terms of classic slaughter maps. I'm not very good at the topic but I expected to see something more in size, with more monsters I think. As I played Disjunction alot, so if, for example, this map was in the set do you think you would have to reduce the amount of monsters, things to make it suitable for the wad or just leave it as it is? Than it will be a neoslaughter wad? In short, while I was writing this, it incurred me so I'll round off

One thing. The YK encounter is scary, reminds me of a time when I was playing DV II map19, more like reminds me a feel of panic when a hundreds of raging revenants with viles flood the most areas of the map and you can only hear them, hide and wait till they get to you in some corridor. That is, a feeling of hopelessness is present.

I recommend it to everyone, cool stuff. Since I lost my max somebody must do one

Velvet-2955.zip

Question: What happens if over 32 maps qualify? Would the wad size increase similar to Slaughterfest '12, which had 35 maps?

2 hours ago, Player177 said:

Here's what I recorded, a uv-max attempt for Velvet. All killed, 1 secret which I revealed didn't count unfortunately (-skipsec 1022) but I did not pay attention to it so may be a little tune up here will be nice. Nothing special to say about this run, just not much risky nervous survival. I don't doubt that you can smash the last encounter much better jumping with bfg and this will be a good sight and that also concerns the rest. Did not check closely but this was not the goal

It is a pretty interesting map for me in terms of classic slaughter maps. I'm not very good at the topic but I expected to see something more in size, with more monsters I think. As I played Disjunction alot, so if, for example, this map was in the set do you think you would have to reduce the amount of monsters, things to make it suitable for the wad or just leave it as it is? Than it will be a neoslaughter wad? In short, while I was writing this, it incurred me so I'll round off

One thing. The YK encounter is scary, reminds me of a time when I was playing DV II map19, more like reminds me a feel of panic when a hundreds of raging revenants with viles flood the most areas of the map and you can only hear them, hide and wait till they get to you in some corridor. That is, a feeling of hopelessness is present.

I recommend it to everyone, cool stuff. Since I lost my max somebody must do one

Velvet-2955.zip

Nice. That finale cheese is something I might want to touch, maybe make sort of safe pockets less viable so player need to keep their run on. Just make revenants reach you easier or something, but in turn make more escape routes openable etc.  I did fast-forward lot of the demo since I was bit in hurry, might have another look at it. 

I will probably update that secret, too, so it is easier to grab. 

As for question, I dunno if it'd put it on Disjunction as it is. It is kinda spiritual continuation of 'Felt', so it probably be a secret map, but I also might touch some of the monsters. If it wasn't secret, I'd probably alter and reduce monsters quite a bit - maybe make finale half imps and half revenants. I don't consider lot of Disjunction as slaughter, even thought there are slaughtery encounters (ex. map10, btw, congrats on that great 19 minute run of it ) 

The map is bit claustrophobic kinda like its forefather, but I had idea of 'opening map up' before challenging the final encounter. 

Alright, update of sort, implemented difficulties (medium has less monsters and altered monster types. Bit toothless, but dunno. Easy is "Fahrenheit 451" mode).

Some minor fixes too and altered geometry, making it more difficult to hide. 

Velvet_v2.zip

Edited by floatRand

Why is 42PH's map still as "Untitled"? He named it "Dang!" in his youtube video of the map :P

3 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

Why is 42PH's map still as "Untitled"? He named it "Dang!" in his youtube video of the map :P

That is some good evidence you found! I'll add that as the name. @42PercentHealth can correct me if it's wrong. :)

7 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Question: What happens if over 32 maps qualify? Would the wad size increase similar to Slaughterfest '12, which had 35 maps?

Officially, I will say with a straight face that only the first 32 maps to be maxed will be in. But we'll wait and see what the final set looks like, and see if it makes sense to go over 32 or split the wad, etc. If there's a big rush of 15 maps in the next couple weeks, I'll gladly split the wad into two. :D

But 1/31 is for sure the deadline for all maps and demos. Anything without a demo on 2/1 won't be included.

Removed link, use the old one until I fix this mess. SeemsGood

Edited by Nirvana