Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

2 hours ago, Benjogami said:

I'm sorry to report that you missed a monster :( Very nice demo though.

Thanks man, here's slower earlier record Velvet-1122.zip already checked.

2 hours ago, Benjogami said:

The monster count on the automap doesn't include resurrected monsters, but if you set "smart totals" to "no" in the status bar / hud settings, it'll count them in the advanced hud

I hope I'll not make a mistake any more)) I'll set my hud for the future

ritournelle_final

Did a few more minor tweaks, 177's demo is still in sync though.

Music: Gluestar by Darkwave0000

Sky taken from Speed of Doom (sodfinal.wad)

Looking forward to the next installment :)

Here's the updated version of my M_Doom entry. Unlike the previous proposal, this one is applied with default Doom color palette.

0d3f17f5a1.png

I also want to move my TITLEPIC entry to INTERPIC with a different version. I changed the hue of it, since the previous one will make it harder to recognize the result with red font. This one is also applied with default palette.

e5edc1d21d.png

Nice improvements! It does seem more fitting as an INTERPIC now with this dusk palette, but would look equally as good as an TITLEPIC, the others are bad :< Daniel's is too reminiscent of Slaughterfest 2011, rdwpa is too memey and Archi is D: 

Probably. But we still have time for accepting more TITLEPIC, and other GFX entries. Let's see what we can get in the next four days.

31 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

my titlepic looks similar to SF

It still looks cool, though. But remember to remove the text in the titlepic, if you're going to update it. As you can see from the first post, Benjo prefers the one with no text on it.

Lets be honest, my actual titlepic its not good enough to be part of the wad (antares >>>>> mine)

I dont want to update it.

I [maybe] will make another one.

Is there going to be a text file with author commentary for each map? You know, basic stuff like background info and what the difficulty settings represent.

As for Skin-Sec 04 midis: Main one is by Petter Mårtensen titled "Winds of the Destiny" from HR2 map20. Finale is Symphony X - "Church of the Machine" from Scythe 2 map30.

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Assassin's Greed music (the bad news is that the music is in MP3 and not in midi):

Boss Theme 2

Can't use an MP3 in Boom format unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Is there going to be a text file with author commentary for each map? You know, basic stuff like background info and what the difficulty settings represent.

As for Skin-Sec 04 midis: Main one is by Petter Mårtensen titled "Winds of the Destiny" from HR2 map20. Finale is Symphony X - "Church of the Machine" from Scythe 2 map30.

Sure, I don't see why not. There will be a text file with all of the credits, so any mapper or maxer can submit some commentary to go along with that, if they like.

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Assassin's Greed music (the bad news is that the music is in MP3 and not in midi):

Air Zonk: Boss Theme 2

5 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Can't use an MP3 in Boom format unfortunately.

Yeeaahhh, it actually does work in PrBoom+, but for the purposes of idgames hosting, filzesize, and a consistent midi sound throughout the wad, please select a midi instead, @mArt1And00m3r11339. I searched for Air Zonk midis but didn't find any, which is too bad because that game has some sick music.

Oh wow I didn't know Prboom had that kind of power...

*changes midi to highly compressed mp3 of The Thong Song*

1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

Sure, I don't see why not. There will be a text file with all of the credits, so any mapper or maxer can submit some commentary to go along with that, if they like.

Yeeaahhh, it actually does work in PrBoom+, but for the purposes of idgames hosting, filzesize, and a consistent midi sound throughout the wad, please select a midi instead, @mArt1And00m3r11339. I searched for Air Zonk midis but didn't find any, which is too bad because that game has some sick music.

I asked Primeval if he could try making the music into midi form and he says he will see what he can do. However, after checking the messages, he did not send anything to me in terms of the midi file. Below is a screenshot of the conversation.

Doomworld Messages Primeval.png

Added HMP difficulty to my map, I checked if the demo would desync and it seems good.

Around 500 monsters removed, some were replaced, didn't touch ammo or health though.

Final room is a lot more chill on this one.

madnessv4.zip

Velvet uv max in 9:40, more effective with ammo, everything else is almost the same, a little luck in some parts with tall actors and so

Failed earlier run which I wanted to pulled out with cyber pushed onto a ledge, but no. This situation was handmade with no real intention to it. Chaingunner get even with the cyber 

doom13.jpg.d6d54c0f3f470df53e1522b97819fa9a.jpg

velvet-940.zip

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Benjogami on his excellent project management skills, you issued a deadline from the onset and stuck to it thoroughly, you kept a close eye on mappers and offered them feedback where required to prevent any delays from occuring, the OP was kept regularly up to date with new demo and map submissions and the rules outlined were very concise and clear. I loved that each map requires a max demo to qualify concept, it added an element of distinction to this project contrasting it from the Slaughterfest series and is an excellent testing method which proves whether a map is balanced or not, which is essential where slaughter is concerned. I love recording speedruns on tough maps where I can test and flex my Doom prowess.

Congratulations to all mappers for the interesting and differing submissions, the map quality throughout is high and offers a different take on the genre from the mind of each mapper. I hope their will be a sequel in the future, even if the concept isn't exactly the same! :)

Thanks for the kind words! I've never considered myself a good manager, and I tend to avoid those kinds of obligations, so I tried to design a project with unambiguous rules that mostly ran itself, to make my job easier and to make others comfortable when submitting maps. I can only imagine that keeping the OP up to date was vastly easier than the sorts of management required by other projects, with map slot reservations and resource wads and feedback cycles. I suppose I shouldn't speak too soon though, since a lot of my work still lies ahead. :D

I must pass along the congrats and credit to all the mappers and maxers! All the management would be for nothing without you all. I can only hope that my next ruleset will attract similar enthusiasm.

Reminder! Now is the time to vote on graphics, so send the ballots my way if you have a map or a max in the project. See OP for details.

RC1 is available to download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9it0qkac1003qd/smax_rc1.zip?dl=1

Notes about RC1:

- Winning graphics are included. Congrats and thank yous to DanielAlexander for the TITLEPIC and antares01 for the rest :D

- If HMP or HNTR weren't implemented as specified, I did it lazily. Changes can be made to them before final release if we like, so these are the best places to test.

- Most of the maps are not coop-compatible, and making them compatible would desync the max demos. If there's interest in a coop compatible version, I think the best solution will be to have a separate wad containing any changes necessary, and it can be released separately.

- I'd like to add some short autoplay demos of people dying in like <1 minute on HNTR, if anyone would like to perform them :D

- If you would like to write some comments about your map or max which will be included in the credits text file, feel free to post them in the thread (it's not required).

See OP for credits.

5 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

- Most of the maps are not coop-compatible, and making them compatible would desync the max demos.

Compiling the set already did that to some extent. Can't you just let go of this demo thingy now, so people can make changes to the RC if they really, really want to?

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Compiling the set already did that to some extent. Can't you just let go of this demo thingy now, so people can make changes to the RC if they really, really want to?

Compiling the set didn't desync the demos. The "demo thingy" is important to the project.