Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

13 minutes ago, antares031 said:

I can't proceed to the next section after I killed every zombieman for some reason.

I tested the level with GlBoom+(version 2.5.1.4) and I didn't have that issue.

My demo:

French Doomer's demo:

7 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

...I didn't have that issue.

I'm probably having an issue with voodoo doll script in here. I'm using GLBoom+ 2.5.1.5 with complevel 9.

Spoiler

6618be5179.png

3240a22a04.png

30 minutes ago, antares031 said:

I can't proceed to the next section after I killed every zombieman for some reason.

I think I have a remedy to your situation. Instead of using -complevel 9, use -complevel 17 (try it and see if that works because it worked for me). The following is the correct syntax (note that difficulty settings are not implemented in the level so the difficulty of the level is going to be the same regardless of what mode you play the level on).

glboom-plus -iwad IWAD name -file Eyeball.wad -complevel 17  -record .lmp file name -skill Skill level

7 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

...use -complevel 17 (try it and see if that works because it worked for me)

This solved the issue, thanks for the help. :)

11 minutes ago, antares031 said:

This solved the issue, thanks for the help. :)

You're welcome. The level is going to take some work and patience to get through (because at the end, you have to fight 800 cyberdemons). Let me know if you successfully beat the level (if you need help in terms of strategies, you can always consult my demo or the other demo above for reference).

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

1 hour ago, rehelekretep said:

what even is cl 17?

Cl 12-17 are various earlier versions of PRBoom; at least according to the wiki.

19 hours ago, antares031 said:

Why not?

Hey, as long as it doesn't further reduce performance on an already demanding map, it's all good. It just sounded like a bizarre change to make, considering the already extreme monster count.

Also @mArt1And00m3r11339, why are you pimping your new map in this project thread? Rude!

1 hour ago, Spectre01 said:

Hey, as long as it doesn't further reduce performance on an already demanding map, it's all good. It just sounded like a bizarre change to make, considering the already extreme monster count.

Also @mArt1And00m3r11339, why are you pimping your new map in this project thread? Rude!

Why are you easily offended by me showing Antares031 my level? In fact, why are you easily offended by everything? You're being rude, Riley.

1 hour ago, Spectre01 said:

Cl 12-17 are various earlier versions of PRBoom; at least according to the wiki.

Complevels 12-16 are for the old versions of PrBoom. As for -complevel 17, it is for the current versions of PrBoom.

Slaughterstein UPDATE!

CHANGES:

• Two boxes of shells were added in the start room
  • Invisibility sphere was changed to a plasma rifle
  • Clips in the secret room were changed to rockets
  • Stimpack in the other secret room changed to a medikit
  • The archvile/demon fight is slightly tweaked. I won't say how...
  • Stimpacks were added in WILD! so the map is no longer true reality in favor of being more mutually exclusive ;)
  • My mapper signature turned 180 degrees so you can see it better

Just the mere existence of the shells, no matter where I put them, was enough to desynch the max demo so I made my own demo for it (sorry BDubzzz!). I maxed this in 9:03. I apologize to everyone that dealt with the first version of this map.

slaughterstein_v2.zip

Edited by Xyzzy01

7 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Hey, as long as it doesn't further reduce performance on an already demanding map, it's all good.

I forgot to mention that I optimized the level by reducing the overall size, and making several decorations simpler than before. The diameter of the arena is now around 18k units, instead of the previous 23.5k units.

On 3/18/2018 at 1:35 PM, antares031 said:

An updated version of MAP28, based on the @elmle's Wild-Max playthrough. While the purpose of this version was to make wild difficulty more intense, I also made some minor changes for UV. So I re-recorded UV-Max demo for it, which is 41:31 long.

- Minor changes in layout to prevent some cheese strats.

- Added 100 more arch-viles for wild difficulty.

- Fixed the possible glitch that breaks the wild playthrough.

- Increased the amount of monsters on ultra-violence from 21,542 to 28,350

Click here to download

I beat your new version of the level.

0smax_antares031_rc2.zip

12 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Why are you easily offended by me showing Antares031 my level? In fact, why are you easily offended by everything? You're being rude, Riley.

Nah, he is just saying next time create a separate thread for your level, because your level is not a part of this project(with this project being done and all), so it just seem kinda weird you are showing it here :P

Also, if you only wanted to show it to Antares031, just pm him.

4 hours ago, Catpho said:

Nah, he is just saying next time create a separate thread for your level, because your level is not a part of this project(with this project being done and all), so it just seem kinda weird you are showing it here :P

Also, if you only wanted to show it to Antares031, just pm him.

I've brought this up to Tim more than once, he doesn't quite seem to understand despite this and my posts asking him to do otherwise getting moved to appropriate threads.

13 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Just the mere existence of the shells, no matter where I put them, was enough to desynch the max demo so I made my own demo for it (sorry BDubzzz!). I maxed this in 9:03. I apologize to everyone that dealt with the first version of this map.

Hmm the small issue I see here is my time was 2 minutes faster then yours and while I dont mind if people want to update their maps to make them better and record a new demo for them, its a little unfair to the person who maxed the original map if all of a sudden "new version of the map, past the deadline, with a slower max time!" In Antares's case it doesn't matter much cause he maxed his map to begin with ;p Ill leave it up to Benjo to make a decision on this instance though. Perhaps we can make a 3rd wad ( Kappa ) with updated versions of maps (and no demos....) that make them better if people want to do that.

I thought about that as I made the demo, but ultimately decided it was for the greater good that I fix the problems people had with the map. I also thought to make the demo myself so nobody else would have to spend their time maxing the map (in your case maxing the map again). I'm sorry for stealing the record from you and wasting your time but if you or anyone else wants to get a faster time in this newer easier version of the map, go ahead :)

Edited by Xyzzy01

I'm afraid that we're gonna have to stick to the rules in this case:

IMPORTANT! Once a map has a UV-Max demo, that’s the version of the map that will be in the final compilation. I can’t think of another way to make it fair and fun for the maxers. Changes that don’t desync demos are fine.

We have bent this rule a bit, but in those cases it was the mapper who held the best max times, and the maps weren't made easier in the updates. I do feel bad that you're not happy with your map as it is. I still really like it! We could move it to a slot later in the wad, where it might be better-received.

Any changes to Easy/Medium skills can be included, and the updated Hard can be included in the coop wad, but for the main wad, Hard will need to remain the same.

In this community project, I have successfully beaten 22 of the 32 levels. Below is a playlist of levels that I've done for this wad. Some of the videos cover multiple levels. NOTE: A video of the new version of Antares' level, The Eclipse of Betelgeuse, will be up soon.

So Elmle found a bug in map29 during his last stream. The 3 lines that activate a lock-in inside the red brick Mancubus building, are all W1 Floor Action instead of a voodoo closet like I would usually use. This means that after flipping the eye switch at the very top (and lowering the bars), it is possible to softlock yourself if you happen to run over one of those lines on the way down. Now, I've tried a couple of fixes, the "best" one having the demo desync 45 minutes in after I thought it was cool. Does anyone technologically inclined in the fields of mapping and demo sync know if it's possible to implement a fix that doesn't desync the demo?

12 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

So Elmle found a bug in map29 during his last stream. The 3 lines that activate a lock-in inside the red brick Mancubus building, are all W1 Floor Action instead of a voodoo closet like I would usually use. This means that after flipping the eye switch at the very top (and lowering the bars), it is possible to softlock yourself if you happen to run over one of those lines on the way down. Now, I've tried a couple of fixes, the "best" one having the demo desync 45 minutes in after I thought it was cool. Does anyone technologically inclined in the fields of mapping and demo sync know if it's possible to implement a fix that doesn't desync the demo?

I made a demo-safe change that mitigates the problem: I set the tags for 2 of the W1 lines to be unused tags. For some reason that's demo-safe, but just removing the line actions isn't.

This means that you can intentionally go around the remaining W1 line to avoid the lock-in if you know about it, but I think it would be very rare for someone to unintentionally skip it. If you do skip it, you can still get soft-locked if you hit the eye button and then walk over it. Overall I think it's a pretty good fix, if you can stomach someone intentionally escaping the lock-in. ;) It's not super easy to do, so maybe it's a fun trick? :D

On 3/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, antares031 said:

@Benjogami If you want me to rollback the change for UV difficulty, please let me know.

Since it was your own demo that's invalidated and you recorded a new one, I'll allow it. ;) 

So, I played the latest version of The Eclipse of Betelgeuse today because I wanted to upload it to my youtube channel, but it becomes unplayable in the final fight because my computer sucks :''(    [I played it with GlBoom+]