Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

Demo for Scotty but slightly borked.  (I accidently modified the map without realizing, so the demo desyncs, the map I played on is included in .zip)

I spent some time puzzling my way through Scotty's map, and at some point I checked Doombuilder to check out the various 32 wide pits in his map; i could have sworn you could technically fall in those gaps, and I didn't want to be negligent in reporting bugs.  I guess I was wrong about how doom worked after all, and this isn't actually an issue.  But in doing this, I must have accidently hit save while Doombuilder was open, so the map built ever so slightly differently.

Later, after throwing myself at the map a bunch, I finally got the groove down and got a first completion (Scotty's map looked relatively sane compared to the rest of the maps here so I wanted to give it a try.)  Though just now and right before I was about to upload it, I watched mArtlan's demo and saw it desync; i realized then that i fucked up.

woops oh well.  have fun

6 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

I spent some time puzzling my way through Scotty's map, and at some point I checked Doombuilder to check out the various 32 wide pits in his map; i could have sworn you could technically fall in those gaps, and I didn't want to be negligent in reporting bugs.

It is possible to fall into 32 unit pits doing a vertical glide.

1 minute ago, Ancalagon said:

It is possible to fall into 32 unit pits doing a vertical glide.

I am unsure if "vertical glide" means falling vertically w.r.t. z axis, vertical mouse movement, or a north-to-south glide.  What i did try to do though, and I'm not really knowledgeable of speedrun tricks and am no good at executing any of them, is load the map in nomo and move to one of the pits using WASD, without hitting my turn keys.  Doing it this way, I was not successful in falling in so i figured 'meh, not a bug'.

1 hour ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Demo for Scotty but slightly borked.  (I accidently modified the map without realizing, so the demo desyncs, the map I played on is included in .zip)

I spent some time puzzling my way through Scotty's map, and at some point I checked Doombuilder to check out the various 32 wide pits in his map; i could have sworn you could technically fall in those gaps, and I didn't want to be negligent in reporting bugs.  I guess I was wrong about how doom worked after all, and this isn't actually an issue.  But in doing this, I must have accidently hit save while Doombuilder was open, so the map built ever so slightly differently.

Later, after throwing myself at the map a bunch, I finally got the groove down and got a first completion (Scotty's map looked relatively sane compared to the rest of the maps here so I wanted to give it a try.)  Though just now and right before I was about to upload it, I watched mArtlan's demo and saw it desync; i realized then that i fucked up.

woops oh well.  have fun

If you find that you accidentally modified the level, you can always redownload the wad file from Scotty put up in this thread to undo the changes that you made (or use the "undo" feature that Doom Builder has by hitting "Ctrl-Z" as long as you did not close out of it).

Hey guys ... just finished another slaughter map , rest assure! I have not made it the same as before , in facts its much more difficult and very fun at the same time . I have made everything from scratch (with the exception of 1 area) . I would like your feedbacks! I do think that this is ready for a max demo since I have played the level myself with savestates got around 20 minutes with it  Here are a bunch of screenshots :)doom22.png.e263a0f6166980e9335fb31532ace813.pngdoom23.png.d284510e4e12f40412b0b56e860f0245.png

I call this level ... Dead Ringer  

I have played the level , and found no issue , however the does not mean that it is completely bug-free. I would like your feedback as well , thanks! 

DeadRinger.zip

Edited by A7MAD

7 hours ago, A7MAD said:

I have made everything from scratch (with the exception of 1 area).

At least they are not copy pasted this time.

sf301.png.e1b04dc3e82e354d51000decdf53a1bd.pngsf302.png.045b2b5c20ecbab9f58f03892d1a93f1.png

chillax1.png.7ecc2b7e9c444f3480640770b6a0148e.pngchillax2.png.b230f1df48a5b3f21eab1120230c867a.png

Edited by Ancalagon

1 hour ago, Ancalagon said:

At least they are not copy pasted this time.

sf301.png.e1b04dc3e82e354d51000decdf53a1bd.pngsf302.png.045b2b5c20ecbab9f58f03892d1a93f1.png

chillax1.png.7ecc2b7e9c444f3480640770b6a0148e.pngchillax2.png.b230f1df48a5b3f21eab1120230c867a.png

:) :) :)

Just to correct you ... first area was inspired by sunder map 1

second area was inspired by sf2011 map 12

third area was inspired by dimensions map 31

fourth area was 'taken' from chillax map 38...congrats

fifth area was inspired by new gothic movement 2 map 15

sixth area was inspired from sunder map 14

Edited by A7MAD

20 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Well this is awkward! Assuming that the map is actually the same and it's just that the nodes were rebuilt... I'll leave it up to @Scotty whether it's okay to use the rebuilt map. In the meantime, I'll keep mArt1And00m3r11339's time up.

3 hours ago, A7MAD said:

:) :) :)

Just to correct you ... first area was inspired by sunder map 1

second area was inspired by sf2011 map 12

third area was inspired by dimensions map 31

fourth area was 'taken' from chillax map 38...congrats

fifth area was inspired by new gothic movement 2 map 15

sixth area was inspired from sunder map 14

Oh, dear, how awkward.

- If the areas are truly only inspired by the source maps and were rebuilt from scratch, that's fine with me.

- If there is copied data but the original author has granted permission, and if you've transformed the copied parts into something that's different enough to be new and interesting, that's fine with me.

- As far as I know, Chillax copied other people's maps without permission, so if you copy Chillax maps, you're just copying it again without the original author's permission, which is not fine with me. (Anc clarified below). If the author of the original source for Chillax map 38 granted permission to reuse/transform, or if it's a Chillax original map, then it's fine.

But it's really a chore to have to investigate things like this, so please do your homework beforehand, learn what's okay to copy, and then be upfront about what's copied.

Edited by Benjogami

4 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

- As far as I know, Chillax copied other people's maps without permission, so if you copy Chillax maps, you're just copying it again without the original author's permission, which is not fine with me. If the author of the original source for Chillax map 38 granted permission to reuse/transform, or if it's a Chillax original map, then I suppose it's fine.

Appart from the last 4 maps, as far as we know the source maps from all chillax maps grant permission in their txt files.

4 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

Well this is awkward! Assuming that the map is actually the same and it's just that the nodes were rebuilt... I'll leave it up to @Scotty whether it's okay to use the rebuilt map. In the meantime, I'll keep mArt1And00m3r11339's time up.

I'd definitely recommend using @mArt1And00m3r11339 demo.  I uploaded mine anyways for @Scotty to have another demo, for whatever it's worth to him.

Also, I think it's just the nodes that rebuilt but i really don't know because I didn't realize it (or what) happened until right before I was about to upload :)

@mArt1And00m3r11339 @NoisyVelvet thanks for the demos!

Shame about the desynch Noisy, although i enjoyed watching the demo regardless. I'd rather keep the non-edited version in just so i know exactly what is going on in there. Regarding those floor gaps... i've played the map like 100 times and never had a problem with them so surely it won't pose a problem in practice.

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat Dead Ringer. The bad news is some enemies did not teleport so some of them are going to be left out.

0DeadRinger.zip

Which monsters did not teleport?

34 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

Which monsters did not teleport?

I don't know but after recording the demo, there were 132 enemies left out. I don't know which ones, though. I've been through all of the rooms according to GZDoom Builder but for some reason, there were still some enemies left over.

Just now, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I don't know but after recording the demo, there were 132 enemies left out. I don't know which ones, though. I've been through all of the rooms according to GZDoom Builder but for some reason, there were still some enemies left over.

Alright I will see , 

Ok I see... FIXED and wad updated  ... sorry timothy ;(

I forgot to tag a wall in the last battle area so that 2 cracodemon hordes can enter . The last 132 were supposed to be a horde of cracodemons.

2 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Ok I see... FIXED and wad updated  ... sorry timothy ;(

I forgot to tag a wall in the last battle area so that 2 cracodemon hordes can enter . The last 132 were supposed to be a horde of cracodemons.

I guess so much for my demo. I was about to put it up on YouTube pretty soon.

36 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I guess so much for my demo. I was about to put it up on YouTube pretty soon.

I am very sorry ... Its my fault for not double checking . I played the wad myself and I saw no issues , but I neglected to count the monster count .  If I was a bit more cautious, I might have prevented that very small issue

I am currently working on my final slaughterMAX project , I will be giving it insane difficulty and I am making it completely from scratch , so you wont see anymore copy-like map structures. 

Eviscerate UV-Max in 11:28 

I like the cyberdemon rocket dodge in the 6th minute mark , honestly I thought I was gonna die at that part ..

evis-1128.zip

4 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

In the level, Literally Unplayable, how do you go about surviving the last room?

Circle run spamming bfg and you never die.