Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

SlaughterMAX. Now on /idgames!

ok gonna end this somewhat embarrassing chain of updates, spent the whole afternoon with testing & if there's more bugs i hope they're at least in favour of the runner... time to call this a day

ritournelle_final

for

On 23.12.2017 at 6:49 PM, tourniquet said:

ritournelle_final

uv max in 13:09.zip

Had to answer my phone two times during recording but the demo will not seriously differ from my possible subsequent demos

on this map. Some luck but not a dangerous route if you slow down. I wanted to avoid PE encounters and make the map more infightish because in slaughter style maps hordes often destroys me like the group of cybers did in this demo.

The map itself is thoughtful with nice effects like @Paul977 wrote here. I forgot to mention earlier in ritournelle_v6 that the blue key area may need a correction with the switches which appear after half a minute before the last 4 archies arrive on a platform. Thats why you should better do this part last in uv max attempt

nice & well played with some quite insteresting strats, keeping the Cyb in the BFG secret alive seems like a very risky turn, glad it worked it out

31 minutes ago, Player177 said:

the blue key area may need a correction with the switches which appear after half a minute

hmm in hindsight it's indeed a rather flawed design choice especially for max runs but yeah too late, no more changes

Ok so here is definitely the final version of my map, still needs a max and maybe no1 will max it but oh well, I tried :)

Changelog:

-After 6 hours, figured out how to transfer a god damn sky(its a bad looking sky but i don't care at this point lol, at least it worked) (if there is an easy way to tag all sectors with the dog tag icon, tell me cause it didn't seem to work.)

-implemented skill 2/3 (skill 2 is harder then UV and not tested well)

-UV is easier then it use to be

-added a little more detail

-Midi: Actraiser Forest Theme

-SkyBox: um the file was in a wad called "SkyTexturesPack" I found on google, havnt been able to find the source download again, was some random non doom world forum.... sorry Benjo :p

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oyi28g5efc7au7/BackAndForthVfinal.zip?dl=0

Edited by Bdubzzz

On 25/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, Bloodite Krypto said:

Sons of Liberty - UV-Max in 9:13

sonsofliberty-913.zip

Great map Scotty! Very interesting metallic theme with scrambling between platforms in claustrophobic surroundings, especially love the sky texture ;D

Glad you liked it! The sky was taken from Sunlust. Nice run! I would have thought that the fastest route was to go for the BFG asap to two shot the red key cybers and such but it seems your strategy worked nicely to make mincemeat of the 3-key door fight. Don't think i've seen someone speedrun one of my maps before it's actually really satisfying to watch :D

On 12/24/2017 at 3:35 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I have a new level that you might be interested in trying out. It is called "Precision."

Precision.zip

This is a really cool map. You can see the monsters in the pits before they raise though. I suggest making the pits bigger to fix this:

doom01.png

so... I learned how to put custom music and textures in my wads...

congratulations to me...

Edited by DanielAlexander

So this was still very hard to do with the nerfed version...

Max of Back And Forth 34:01

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yecjivnuf6b9cix/BnF3401.zip?dl=0

Should be pretty obvious as to when i start playing like crap = start getting nervous and the very last 3  mins is trying to hit the final switch but ya.. hit it eventually lol, in previous versions The cybers get crushed automatically but then there was always a bunch of pains left to clean up ( also was like 1.6k more pains...) So i liked this version a lot more, the player has to hit the switches with rockets flying all over but guess its not to good for a max if u gotta wait for them to be crushed, oh well.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:35 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I have a new level that you might be interested in trying out. It is called "Precision."

Precision.zip

-.-''

After checking out the map in frog.wad, I'll quote myself:

On 10/20/2017 at 3:36 PM, Benjogami said:

- If the areas are truly only inspired by the source maps and were rebuilt from scratch, that's fine with me.

I did say it was fine, but this map truly brings nothing new to the table. Pretty much the only difference is that there's more space to move around. I think it goes beyond "inspired by" and lands squarely in "imitation of" territory, which I'm not okay with. Precision will not be included as it is.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:36 PM, Benjogami said:

But it's really a chore to have to investigate things like this, so please do your homework beforehand, learn what's okay to copy, and then be upfront about what's copied.

14 hours ago, Benjogami said:

After checking out the map in frog.wad, I'll quote myself:

I did say it was fine, but this map truly brings nothing new to the table. Pretty much the only difference is that there's more space to move around. I think it goes beyond "inspired by" and lands squarely in "imitation of" territory, which I'm not okay with. Precision will not be included as it is.

That's fine. Even if it doesn't get accepted into the project, it'll still be available if anyone wants to play it. I know Zachary Stephens is pissed off for the level being like that (and for the terrible music).

@Yousuf Aniksaid: Of course, this is the test version. Need a demo. Can someone max it please?? ;(

So i think this means the map should be in testing/feedback, not ready for max right? 

Anyway I played the map and it was pretty good for the most part but I do have one suggestion: you might want to change the "fight" after you enter the red door. The cacos/PES teleport in way to slow. Making it easy to skip/leave the area for casual play(and go to the final fight) and bad for maxing the map cause u would probably want to stay in that area before going outside so you dont have to deal with PEs and lost souls all over the place as you're killing pinkies.

Also the pinkies outside are kind of bad too.. easy to get through them and then they get stuck at the bridge. Sure a couple of viles come eventually but ya.. this part is again easy to just skip for casual play and for the max.. just kind of waiting around for them to all teleport in.

( first playthrough i didnt know about the secret with the ammo and invul. so i guess u could resupply ammo there and bfg the pinkies then drop down again and get invuln for final fight)

pinkies.jpg

@Bdubzzz Thank you very much for your awesome feedback :) about the fight of PE/Cacos and then Pinkies.....that's what I was worry about, especially for the Pinkies. How about replacing them with some type of other monsters? Let's say, replace the Caco/PE with a small mix of Imp + Revs + HK and then replace Pinkies with some other monsters?? Any suggestion is welcome :)

I discovered some misaligned textures here and there and fixed them. Other than that, I hope the rest of the map is fine so far.

Oh btw, what about the very last fight? Good or bad??

@Yousuf Anik Yes a mix of revs/hks/imps would be better, the main thing though would be to have them teleport in faster because the player has a BFG and a good amount of ammo, so an easy way to do that is add more teleport lines in the monster closest and also have some facing the other way so when the monsters walk past it then turn around they have a chance to teleport in still. Also you can add more teleport lines in behind the enemies in the monster closest (so when they walk that way they have a chance to teleport in) 

as for the pinkies.. well maybe you just need to have them teleport in the first area And the 2nd area where the bridge leads to so its harder for the player to just run by or cheese them, not so sure though, honestly might be best to leave them out since its an awkward place to fight them (one way u go down a lift.. no one wants to hit a switch and fight monsters on a lift little by little) and the other way just leads to the final fight) So might be better to just instead include them in the previous area. 

The final fight in a max run would be easy since you would save the invulnerability from the secret (at least i would) For casual play its kind of luck based imo, if the cybers shoot and all the viles aggro on to them then its reasonable enough to do the fight every time. If they dont all aggro and one targets you (there is no cover) then you take a hit or two and hope they don't jump you in to a cyber rocket. So if you want to remove luck from the fight then barons and cybers might be better :)

example.jpg

With the deadline coming up ( less then a month away) does any1 plan on submitting another map? If not guess ill make a 4th one :D ( it will be easier then my others for times sake)

Anyone know whats causing this HOM? There is no missing textures that are visible.. ive looked around for a hour... it follows you but if you go to the left you cant see it.

hom.jpg

hom2.jpg

@Bdubzzz Most likely a nodebuilder error, e.g. numerical inaccuracy in calculations during building nodes. You might try fiddling with with nodebuilder options, move vertexes around slightly, split or merge linedefs, or just use a different nodebuilder.

Zennode is known to have trouble with almost but not quite colinear lines especially when neither horizontal nor vertical. I've found switching from -n1 to -n2 can help. Unfortunately nodebuilding is a bit of a black art (at least to me) and fixing problems often degrades to trial-and-error.