Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyzzу

[RELEASED!!] Confinement 256 CP

That's alright then, at least we have what's shown in the OP's second screenshot. ;)

Sorry for the lack of replies, been on a long hiatus. Yeah, the assumption about my Underhalls demake was correct. Here are the midi tracks for my maps, they correlate with the order that the maps are in. All but the third are original, the third one is Where There's a Whip There's a Way from Rankin/Bass' Return of the King , I just added drums to the midi that you can find here.

Tracks.zip

So to confirm:

1.mid = Tower'in Hell
2.mid = The Shooting Range
3.mid = Cage 'o' Demon

Thanks for getting back to me!

That leaves only @scifista42 to reply.

It's kinda bland now but I'll add more structures and a lot of decorations, as well as the monsters...

59349d23636b8_open256at2017_06.0419-49-43.623R2979.jpg.3d61caf9587ac2329b67bab9f5b76249.jpg

Damn, just my luck I stumble across this when the deadline is super close.

Made a cramped E1M8 with Bruiser Bros on the 256x256 platform and a conveyer voodoo doll progressing outside of the playable area picking up weapons and power ups and releasing the bruisers via triggers. Bruisers die, flip a switch that allows the voodoo doll to get teleported to a kill room and level ends. There's a lot of bugs, and computer is packed atm. Probably going to release on my own accord.

Not at computer, only have textual description.

Though the other map I made was a boring 1v1 with mastermind on it's own platform but the 256 platform is random raising and loweing platforms. Didn't find that too fun. Let me check my dropbox, I might've uploaded it there.

Edited by ClumsyWizard

Nearly Finished up with Mine, however, due to busy stuff irl, I have had to shorten the length a bit, but the whole concept of my map, mainly in the atmosphere but a little bit in the gameplay is an experiment. 

Here's my last-minute entry. Some sort of a technical building on a river or something? Uses a custom sky from plmsky1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcr9rskjexhrmb8/Turbulent.wad

Name: Turbulent Waters

Music: "Silky Feathers" by Viscra Maelstrom

Spoiler

ikGE0pm.png

Compatibility note: Vanilla format (though I haven't tested it in vanilla). Works OK in ZDoom. For some reason the map refused to work properly in prboom+; the player kept getting stuck inside the impassable ledge at the beginning, and I didn't have the time to investigate why. Hence I didn't supply a prboom-compatible version, sorry about that.

Edited by JudgeDeadd

1 hour ago, JudgeDeadd said:

Hence I didn't supply a prboom-compatible version, sorry about that

The project is intended for use in (G)ZDoom, so no problems there.

I will play through later on and add it to the compile. Thanks!

----------------------------

A NOTE TO ALL MAPPERS WHO HAVE A MAP IN PROGRESS FOR THIS PROJECT - TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE

IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION PLEASE ASK XYZZY01, BAUUL OR MYSELF

Right now I'm making the final touches for the gameplay and...btw, this zombie will start the madness...

open256 at 2017.06.06 18-07-47.158 [R2979].jpg

8 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Right now I'm making the final touches for the gameplay and...btw, this zombie will start the madness...

That's a lot of MapSpots you have there!  

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

The project is intended for use in (G)ZDoom, so no problems there.

I will play through later on and add it to the compile. Thanks!

----------------------------

A NOTE TO ALL MAPPERS WHO HAVE A MAP IN PROGRESS FOR THIS PROJECT - TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE

IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION PLEASE ASK XYZZY01, BAUUL OR MYSELF

I'll probably need an extra 24 hrs to test and finish up balancing the level. It's not gonna be bug free tho.

Good stuff. Try your best to squeeze your map into the deadline if possible - Since I'm putting in a lot of effort on behalf of Xyzzy01 & Bauul making this compile happen, I'm ensuring that this project doesn't fall into the trap of letting the release become incredibly delayed. :)

Cheers guys, looking forward to your maps! :D

I finished my map, its got a long name. Gates to the Fleshvoid 256.

It is a very experimental map with a dark hellish atmosphere, it's biggest strength. 

Gameplay is a kind of slaughtermap, but I am not going to spoil anything, combined with the atmosphere I want it to send a chill up someones spine.

It is riddled with bugs mainly to do with scripting, such as a ceiling not going up the same amount each time I run the map, but it shouldn't ruin the experience. 

I have completed the map, so it is possible, not sure how it compares to other wads, I might update it one day to fix issues and improve it. BTW uses slot map 30. 

Please keep in mind that this is my second map made and first map released, I am still unfamiliar with stuff like scripting, getting 3D floors to work, and stuff like that. Feed back is greatly appreciated, please tell me how I can improve as a mapper and increase my skills. 

I will return to this concept of map one day.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/36wo1b4ql6ol1v8/GTTFlshVd256v1.wad?dl=0 

And a screenie, only one to keep the suspense and all that: 

5937c67bdb49b_PillarofFlesh1.jpg.151061f85b6391c8c34e278035ea40d3.jpg

Thanks for posting your map @HyperLuke - I'll take a look at it later on and include it in the compile. Did you use GLDEFS to make the glows? If so Imay have to tweak them so they don't change other maps too heavily, but we'll see. :)

9 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Thanks for posting your map @HyperLuke - I'll take a look at it later on and include it in the compile. Did you use GLDEFS to make the glows? If so Imay have to tweak them so they don't change other maps too heavily, but we'll see. :)

Not entirely sure, not even sure what GLDEFS are. I used this: 

59388ae8482f2_EditSector.PNG.e8c507bcbda1e396dac867e61ba99067.PNG

AH...since it's UDMF and an updated version of GZDB-Bugfix, you can add a glow effect to the ceiling/floor...

THE DEADLINE HAS NOW BEEN HIT AND SUBMISSIONS ARE (THEORETICALLY) CLOSED.

We (Xyzzy01, Bauul and myself) will be finalising the 'initial release candidate' over the next week or so, and once we feel it is in a presentable state we will provide everyone with a link so that you can al report bugs and/or sing praise to the other mappers. Once the Release Candidate phase is over, it's off to /idgames with this one!

You've done it the way I was hoping for @HyperLuke.

@leodoom85 I will be playing your map as I add it to the compile.

10 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

You've done it the way I was hoping for @HyperLuke.

No probs. 

Also, later on, will I be able to update my map and add it into the project?

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

@Dragonfly @Xyzzy01 @Bauul

Well, it's ready at last. I need some feedback though...Enjoy.

Info:

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqc01unu9vbotom/open256.zip?dl=0

Map name: Open Canyon (replaces map 05)

Map format: UDMF

Difficulty settings: Easy, normal and hard.

Played it through on HMP, and really enjoyed it!  Nice job!  It's a really refreshing change to play something that focuses on just the lower tier enemies.

Only one issue: in the penultimate wave (before the very cool "one last enemy" wave) the monsters on the floor get so close to the pillar that you're on they become very hard to shoot (because they're so far below you).  I might suggest triggering a "block monsters" fence of linedefs to keep the monsters further back from the pillar and make them a less awkward target.

Otherwise really good job!

42 minutes ago, HyperLuke said:

Also, later on, will I be able to update my map and add it into the project?

I expected there will be some cases of bugfixes or subtle tweaks once the beta's released, so of course - if you have improvements to make, do so and post the updated version when ready. Of course, the sooner the better. I HOPE to have a 'prerelease compile' ready for Bauul and Xyzzy by the weekend, and assuming they're both available to take the time to test everything in full, get a public beta out next week.

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

Played it through on HMP, and really enjoyed it!  Nice job!  It's a really refreshing change to play something that focuses on just the lower tier enemies.

Only one issue: in the penultimate wave (before the very cool "one last enemy" wave) the monsters on the floor get so close to the pillar that you're on they become very hard to shoot (because they're so far below you).  I might suggest triggering a "block monsters" fence of linedefs to keep the monsters further back from the pillar and make them a less awkward target.

Otherwise really good job!

Easy peasy. I can add that flag. Let me do that and I'll upload it really fast...

EDIT: Ok, the wad was updated, same link and I added the blocking monsters flag. And next time, try it on Hard.......HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

1 hour ago, HyperLuke said:

Has anyone played my map yet? I would appreciate some feedback.

I tested it and heres a the first tip YOU NEED TO PUT An Invisible Roof and floor for the cacodemons considering they were hard to hit

heck even one was so high up i couldnt even hit him properly untill i cheated

Second of all iT needs more lights even tho its nice part of it its the atmosphere its hard to see the cacodemons if its mostly dark and the Barier of blood cant be toggle out

thats it for the most part

but it looked nice on one front at least

@HyperLuke & @leodoom85 - thank you for your maps, they're both really fun. 

Leo's map - I enjoyed the way the map had progression and found the exit fight to be particularly interesting!

Hyper's map - Wasn't quite how I expected it, nice surprise and very fun!

The final count for the Community256 segment of this project is 37 maps! Well done everyone for making this project have such a large turnout!

The beta compile is in the works - tasks remaining include adding all of Xyzzy's maps, and ordering all of the community maps so that it progresses well. :)

50 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Hyper's map - Wasn't quite how I expected it, nice surprise and very fun!

Thankyou, I also played your map, and I like the visuals and vertical use of space. 

In terms of mine, knowing its fun does make me feel good, but I would still like to know what I can do better, especially since I am starting out.

I don't know what I could say could be done better if I am honest - You had a plan and you executed it perfectly within the restrictions of the project. If you ask me, there's nothing to improve for this particular map. I could probably give you a more critical review on a 'proper map' that isn't intended for a project with insane limitations! :)