Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

Mirror problem on second floor (room over room)

Hello there. Sorry, if somebody asked for this, I just didn't find anything related to my question.

So, here it goes:

I'm working on porting Duke Nukem 3D's map into Doom map (GZDoom, UDMF format).

This is the room with disabled GZDoom effects:

gZxlf9Hl.jpg

This is the same room with enabled GZDoom effects:

lqgqv6Pl.jpg

You can see in the corner something like window with glass. In the Duke game it's a mirror. So I did the same effect and got this:

n4NkTvul.png

I know why it happens, but still I think that I don't know EVERYTHING so that's why I want to ask:

First, let's look at 2D editing:

4fOkjzXl.jpg

The red rectangle highlights the placement of a mirror line. You can clearly see that part of this mirror is the hallway UNDER this  floor. That means that I can't create the ZDoom mirror effect because it uses ONLY the MIDDLE texture. And that means that NOTHING must be under this mirror overwise it wouldn't work properly.

BUT maybe I can do something else without editing the whole mirror? I mean, of course I always can place mirror in another place so it would work fine. But I want to make this map look like really similar to the Duke Nukem's map with minimal differences.

Maybe I can do the same mirror somehow else? I would be grateful for any answers.

Sorry for bad english and thanks in advance.

Edited by DeXiaZ

The Mirror line has to be single sided, uncheck "double sided" in linedef properties and make sure it's facing the player (select it and press "F" to flip it), and uncheck the side you want to hide from sidedefs tab on Linedef properties window.

58 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

The Mirror line has to be single sided, uncheck "double sided" in linedef properties and make sure it's facing the player (select it and press "F" to flip it), and uncheck the side you want to hide from sidedefs tab on Linedef properties window.

It will cause more bugs. Graf Zahl already said to me about impossibility of situation.

But I've got an advice about using camera textures. I'll try them. Anyway, thanks for reply