Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

50 Monsters demos [-complevel 2]

Map16 UV -Fast:

50m16f242.zip

Youtube:

Map16 UV -Fast in 2:42

*Map15 is skipped for now. Even I know there's a secret stuck in the walls, I'm not sure whether it can be accessed by some niche method, so I didn't run it just in case.

Map16 is definitely one of the most satisfying map to run. There is some mild platforming inside, but it doesn't bother me. The starting area is messy, so I died there quite a lot. The outdoor area is meant to be tough, but I also took no damage, which is somewhat funny to me.

Map15 UV -Fast:

50m15f241.zip

Youtube:

Map15 UV -Fast in 2:41

Due to one inaccessible secret, 66% secret is the max. It seems most of the map can be finished around 2:40 at my skill level... This is quite satisfying map to run, if you can survive. The starting area is definitely the hardest because you have no cover, no weapon and no Armor.

Map20 UV -Fast

50m20f146.zip

Youtube:

Map20 UV -Fast in 1:46

That fiery Baron is just ridiculous... Also, when you knock him back, he flies so quickly, so you can't even hit him consecutively until he's stuck at a wall. You need quite some luck in this map since you also need those 2 Pain Elementals to cooperate. Otherwise, there will be a absurd amount of Lost Souls, but you have limited cell supply.

Funny thing is, I died twice at 49/50 because of those Revenants I didn't kill at the beginning of the level.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map17 UV -Fast:

50m17f257.zip

Youtube:

Map17 UV -Fast in 2:57

A map requires carefulness to run because of the low supply of health. The main problem is the Blue Skull room because you're surrounded by Cacodemons, and you need to hope that Cacodemon distracts the Arch-vile. Setting this part away, this map is pretty fun overall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map18 UV -Fast:

50m18f249.zip

Youtube:

Map18 UV -Fast in 2:49

At first, you'll feel pretty "WTF" about this map, but once you figured it out, this map is pretty fun to run through. We have enough ammo to deal with Pain Elementals, so it's not that bad. PRO TIP: DON'T STOP RUNNING!

Edited by GarrettChan

Map18 UV Max:

50m18-156.zip

To be honest, I almost gave up. The last six hours, I didn't even have a hope to finish this in 2 minutes. I don't know how I did this one... This f-ing Revenant dance can totally screw your run. Sometimes 10 rockets can't even hit.

Spoiler

Rev.jpg.d24f4c9d88d96673be5baebc0918d180.jpg

Yeah, this one!

Now I think that sole Shotgunner in this map is a cruel joke because Shotgun has no use in this map. That's just a force switch BS to waste your time.

Map19 UV -Fast:

50m19f330.zip

Youtube Video

Resume to this project and I hope I won't be stuck in later maps. This map is quite fun but deadly because of the open area with Revenant missiles and Chaingunners. The way to the Yellow Card is kind of tough since the monsters will not always infight as you wish, so some luck is needed.

Map21 UV -Fast:

50m21f324.zip

Youtube Video

This map is done by @Breezeep, and the design of the map is my favorite in the WAD so far. The contrast design of blue and red areas represents the title "peace" and "hostility" (if I understand correctly?). The cracked rock texture nicely produce the atmosphere of a water cavern and a lava cavern. Those flashing blue cracks on the ceiling in front of the Blue Door are so good. Also, a very nice pick of BGM which fits a lot in my opinion. (Of course, it's also nice when used on BtSX E2M01.)

However, this map is sort of difficult because of the height differences. The Red Skull trap is a disaster because you can't even see where the Lost Souls are, and they can totally destroy you from a different height.

Map22 UV -Fast:

50m22f155.zip

Youtube Video

All recent maps have rough starts, including this one. It's nice to have a MegaArmor to protect ourselves. Otherwise, it'll be a very tough one. This map is pretty fun to run through because you're quite busy killing things if you know where are the enemies.

First pass was 2:05, and I didn't use all my rockets, so I decided to give it an extra try. Making good progress so far, I hope I can finish this project soon.

Map23 UV -Fast:

50m23f431.zip

Youtube Video

Seriously... I'm pretty happy that I can actually finish this map. This is some serious $h!t with fast monster... The run is pretty slow, but I may be able to improve it one day... in the future. The way I handle the Arch-vile trap is pretty accessible and I can get through that most of the time. However, the Red Card trap is sort of luck-based due to the Fiery Baron.

-EDIT-: Improved from 4:43 to 4:31.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map24 UV -Fast:

50m24f255.zip

Youtube Video

This map is kind of messy at the beginning, but it's very fun to run through except for those 2 Pain Elementals. Besides this, how the Fiery Baron reacts to your shots is also quite annoying unless there's a wall behind him. If you take this map slow, it's actually not that difficult after you know where to hide. The exit usually makes me want to finish fast and I got killed by the last 2 Fiery Barons quite a lot due to this reason...

Edited by GarrettChan

Map25 UV -Fast:

50m25f442.zip

Youtube Video

This map is PAINFUL... You have no good way to kill the Pain Elementals at the beginning, and if they make a lot of $h!t out there, you may be killed by those Lost Souls either directly or indirectly. A map like this hard doesn't deserve a MegaArmor? This is my only complaint about this map.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map26 UV -Fast:

50m26f247.zip

Youtube Video

Very fun map to run except the last place is a little bit messy. Also, you need some luck to make the Cybruiser to infight with other monsters. The design of the map is quite nice and it fits the name perfectly.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map27 UV -Fast:

50m27f201.zip

Youtube Video

Well, as the title suggested, this map could be a very cruel joke, especially for fast monsters. You definitely need some luck for the Hell Knight encounter and the final arena. Should definitely go into 2 minutes, but some luck is needed for good RNG "farming".

Map28 UV -Fast:

50m28f259.zip

Youtube Video

Fun fact: I got pass this map the first try. I don't even know how I did it because the starting area is... crazy... After many deaths, finally got the second pass, which I'm satisfied with.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map29 UV -Fast:

50m29f626.zip

Youtube Video

I'm sorry that I said Map27 and Map28 are cruel. This one, is the cruelest of all... You're pretty much always surrounded by monsters when the encounter begins. I'm pretty happy that I can actually finish this. The time can be shorter since I wasted quite some time from mistakes. I was quite lucky that one of the Cyberdemons walked out of his alcove and made things easier. My plans basically work out.

*Red Card second trap: I pre-fire 2 Rockets to kill the Arch-viles quicker;

*Blue Card: Dash through everything quick and make good use of the mandatory Invisibility to deal with the Spectre Chaingunners in Yellow Card area;

*Final Area: Make the Cyberdemons to hit the Arch-viles. Usually I'll fire at one of them, and this makes sure that he won't be distracted by other random stuff. The first two sweeps next to the wall are necessary because sometimes the Revenant hits the Arch-vile, which will make a mess.

Map30 UV -Fast:

50m30f439.zip

Youtube Video

To me, this map is pretty much luck... The Red/Blue Card area is so messy that you can't handle it in a way, at least I can't find it. The last area is also similar due to the shape of these rooms. You need to move because of Revenants, but you also need to stop because of Arch-viles... The final boss is basically a joke unless you run out of ammo. After clearing all other things, you basically beat the map.

I failed to realize there are still 3 bulk Cell Packs there, so I can finish the map a little bit quicker.

7 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Map 18 UV-Max in 1:36

Wow, that's a great improvement. It's kind of funny that I've never noticed that this map has so much resources to spare.

Map18 UV -Fast in 1:39

50m18f139.zip

It's a very fun map. Just like Map11, thanks to the new route by rdwpa. I forgot where the last Imp was, so it seems I wasted some time there. It's funny that I really hate those 2 Stimpacks next to the Plasma Rifle because I really need them most of the time, but I can't afford to slow down on the stairs...

(OMG, my old demo is unbearably slow... haha)

Map01 UV Max in 1:31

50m01-131.zip

I would consider this is a pretty lucky run although detail performance is not on par IMO... Haven't done any run in a long time, but still I don't know whether I still have the "spirit" to do it.

Map02 UV Speed in 0:31

50m02-031.zip

Map02 UV Max in 1:40

50m02-140.zip

Casual run I guess..

Edited by GarrettChan

^Thanks everybody clicking the Soulsphere even though I'm slacking off.

Map03 UV Max in 1:35

50m03-135.zip

Punching Chaingunners is not fun in so many ways... For example, one punch and you knock him out of your range and you slip off...

Map01 UV -Fast in 1:58

50m01f158.zip

My previous run is absolutely disgustingly slow... I think back then I just wanted to have a pass on the level, not concerning about time.

This map is so "fun", it contains punching fast Demon/Spectre, punching fast Revenants and chainsawing fast Cacodemons ;P  The last part, I've tried varies way to tackle it, but it seems releasing everything before dealing with them is not reliable at all, so I had to reverted back to the original strat to take it slow.