Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Any DOOMaholics here??

Doom is fun, everyone says. But is there anyone who considered it fun and got too obsessed that they would miss most of their daily activites?? All for playing Doom??

P.S - I love Doom, but i'm not one of them.

I do consider myself a doom fan but not an ''DOOMAholic'' if i could get the chance to play a game everyday that would be Duke Nukem 3D

I can leave Doom for a very long time, only to come back to it and think to myself 'wow this game is great! why don't I play this more often?' and then I spree it for a week or two, then go back to something else. The last and only time I'd consider myself a 'Doomaholic' would've been the majority of 2009 due to my late discovery and infatuation with Skulltag.

18 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

I can leave Doom for a very long time, only to come back to it and think to myself 'wow this game is great! why don't I play this more often?' and then I spree it for a week or two, then go back to something else. The last and only time I'd consider myself a 'Doomaholic' would've been the majority of 2009 due to my late discovery and infatuation with Skulltag.

I was like that as well!

I play about 90% of the year.  But, mostly because I'm testing my projects during development.

I would say I am obsessed with Doom, but not to the point where I miss doing things I actually need to (like work, sleep, etc.). Think of it this way: out of every other possible hobby I could have or be doing, I choose Doom instead. Go outside? Doom.

Nah, i can spend months without playing it but at one point or another i need my "doom fix" which can last for a long time until i go back to not playing it for a long period of time.

* lights cigarette to tell a story * This smoke I have here in my hand is what got me off my DOOMahaulism. I had to do something other than play DOOM so I thought what about cocaine? Nah that's expensive, but so are cigarettes like these my friend. However, these smokes I can buy at the local store. When I smoke them its in first person mode so its as if I am still playing my beloved DOOM. Hey its better than getting into first person gunfights am I right?

Back when I was a DOOMahaulic when my family was at church I was praying to DOOM. When my daughter took her first steps I was busy killing a cyberdemon for the 400th time. Those things never stay dead long enough and my daughter will walk all her life god willing. On my wedding night it was DOOM that kept me company as my wife drank wine and found out who the best man is.

I had this sweet job photographing supermodels, but well I couldn't take enough screenshots of DOOM so I quickly lost that job to someone that hadn't even heard of DOOM. DOOM what kind of game is that? Oh? So its like a Call of Duty clone. When the cops pulled me off his corpse I realize I needed help. It was just too late, I had turned someone into a lost soul. The state made me get help and in prison I had to find something else.... something addictive and here we are back at cigarettes.

At night I still get the chills and I reflect back on the good old days when it was just DOOMguy and I killing demons and protecting the universe, but now its just me and these cancer sticks. You'll keep me warm won't you sweet stacks?

Real life stuff helps me control my Doom obessions. When I was more younger,I replayed way too much TNT Evilution,now I can't play it,because my obsession made me overdose of that wad. Now,I'm more into building maps than playing them. 

I play a lot of Doom recently but not that much, like all day. A break is important...

I don't consider myself a doomaholic or a doom fan, but I've been playing a lot these days, to the point of being in front of my laptop for hours. I know it's not healthy but it's very rainy outside and I still haven't found a job. Oh well at least I enjoy this game.

22 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

I play a lot of Doom recently but not that much, like all day. A break is important...

I support your statement. By the way, now I'm in class X. So I spend more time studying and spend the weekends playing Doom. Seems appropriate, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

I support your statement. By the way, now I'm in class X. So I spend more time studying and spend the weekends playing Doom. Seems appropriate, isn't it?

It is. There are priorities that are first, like studying and working on a job or something similar.

I'm retired, so I guess it doesn't make much difference.But I do a lot of other stuff too.And it sure beats getting shitfaced drunk in my book.

Damn, just some more years - and I completely had forgotten I was ever here at all.

But, if one of you is retired, Im a zombie already... maybe I can organise some undead rampage while this upload is eating the rest of my brain ._.

I am the barrel of my shotgun.
Blue armor is my body and supercharged is my blood.
I have beaten over a thousand wads.
Unknown to PST_DEAD,
Nor known to the dimensional shambler at the DOS prompt.
Have withstood 20% damage sectors to kill many demons,
Yet those hands will never find the secret exit.
So as I charge up the BFG9000, Unlimited Doom Works.

I'd say that I'm a fan, but not a hardcore player. I can take a break from the game for a very long time, and come back still feeling the same as before.

And I, for sure, don't play Doom every single day.

Hello DOOMaholics anonymous, I've been a DOOMahol for about 24 years now. Ripping and tearing has completely taken over my life!

*sobs uncontrollably*

Currently I have not many time to play wads because I'm making my own next map-pack. Still need adjust many stuff like textures, dehacked, sprites, e.t.c.

i have lapses where i just stop playing doom for a while. then i feel the urge to play it, and my obsession begins once again. 

that obsession just started back up again after weeks of playing hoi4 lol

I have phases. When it kicks in I'm obsessed but my gaming life doesn't revolve around it every month

I only started keeping track of my body count since a year and a half ago and this is after I moved out and got married and took on some big responsibilities. I currently have banked 200,000 kills. I found out about downloading wads when I was about 13 and there were times where i played Doom until my fingers got tired so I'm pretty sure ive killed as many as a few million.

Yet people keep making more maps. There are still monsters out there and I'll never be satisfied until I bleed out every one of them.

Not addicted to Doom, but I love it and sometimes I prefer to play Doom for an hour, instead of studying. This way, I am happy, but I have to rush my homework in order to make it in time for my school.

Of course, there were a few times when I hadn't played Doom for like 2 months and in the end I ended up missing it, which is why I returned to it sooner or later.

I love playing Doom every now and then. New pwads that look interesting to me always get me back playing Doom. I don't replay the main games very often, its mainly because of the player created stuff that I still play Doom as much as I do. For me no other game beats Doom in user made content! I do have times when I don't play Doom for awhile, I don't really miss it then. I tend to play wat I feel like playing at the moment, that's why I probably don't like MMO's because they kinda require you to play everyday or else you might be missing out on stuff or at least that's what it feels like to me.

I sometimes get into mapping binges, or get really sucked into Doom '16 MP or just playing other people's maps on classic. I don't game as much as I used to, but my obsession with Doom, and tendency to think about it multiple times daily, would probably make me a Doomaholic.

I can end up not playing Doom for quite a long time, but then I decide to play it again and end up playing it endlessly for around 2 or 3 weeks, and after that I end up going back to other things. Then the cycle repeats.

On 12/05/2017 at 4:46 PM, cyan0s1s said:

The last and only time I'd consider myself a 'Doomaholic' would've been the majority of 2009 due to my late discovery and infatuation with Skulltag.

Same here!

When I first discovered DooM I would probably have been considered a Doomaholic. I played it at every opportunity, I talked about it all the time, and I developed story scenarios set in the DooM world. Did I neglect my real-life responsibilities? I probably did, to a certain extent. Did it get me fired, into fist-fights, or into any other serious trouble? Thankfully, no.

And then I discovered a DooM map-making editor. I've been circling the drain ever since.

Everyday, Doom is inside my mind. While I can live without Doom, I don't want to. I'm not addicted to it, but it's obvious that I like it a lot.

If anything, I'm probably a postaholic ;)