Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Dissappointed about the 'Blue Whale' challenge.

Friends,

I just heard about the Blue Whale challenge on the news. I felt a bit scared and very much disappointed to hear that it just reached Britain. That's when I decided to take Doomworld's help. We hope to make Doom players aware of this dreadful challenge that forces you to commit suicide and shall prevent such accidents in future.

I know it's more easier said than done, but I need your help.

Let' make this community more helpful to others.

The police in my country swallowed the bait so hard that they issued dire warnings via all of the media. Then the minister of the interior probably had the genius idea to google it up and publicly asked them to provide him proofs it's not a hoax. They've been silent ever since, hoping no one will rub their faces in it.

Oh and to win the game, complete the last challenge, obviously.

So this shit reached west side of countries?Heh,that guy who organized this first in Russia now rests in jail. So sad really,I was in one teenage group and they talked about that "challenge" when it came in my country.Now,it stopped. 

If someone is dumb enough to commit suicide because of some fucked up challenge, they are beyond help.

Probably just Russian government trying to blame someone for the teen suicide rate instead of talking about the real problems children face.

The challenge wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't braindead people doing it in the first place.

I may be too harsh in my way of thought, but in all honesty, if someone's stupid enough to commit suicide for something like that, I don't feel bad about their death.

EDIT: I didn't know the whole thing was a hoax. Better that way anyways. It's a relief to know that people isn't that stupid.

Edited by KVELLER

8 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I may be too harsh in my way of thought, but in all honesty, if someone's stupid enough to commit suicide for something like that, I don't feel bad about their death.

EDIT: I didn't know the whole thing was a hoax. Better that way anyways. It's a relief to know that people isn't that stupid.

Edited 1 minute ago by KVELLER

Even if it's a hoax...there are people who can still fall for it. 

15 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Even if it's a hoax...there are people who can still fall for it. 

Indeed, In South America is almost at full peak, we have a few cases  in Argentina.  The other posted mentioned one in Chile and there were a few in Brasil.

7 minutes ago, Wild Dog said:

Indeed, In South America is almost at full peak, we have a few cases  in Argentina.  The other posted mentioned one in Chile and there were a few in Brasil.

Delusional, idiotic and stupid people who prefer to waste their life to a fucking challenge... This makes me mad honestly...

17 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Delusional, idiotic and stupid people who prefer to waste their life to a fucking challenge... This makes me mad honestly...

The problem is that they are teenagers, they tend to do stupid things if their parents are not present..... This new breed of parents just left their kids to their own...  Then this shit happen...

3 minutes ago, Wild Dog said:

The problem is that they are teenagers, they tend to do stupid things if their parents are not present..... This new breed of parents just left their kids to their own...  Then this shit happen...

That's the sad part. If anyone can't be a responsible parent...expect that something WILL happen

The problem with things like this "challenge", be it a hoax or legitimate, is that much like a killer it will inspire some twisted fuck into becoming a copycat who will shoot for their chance of infamy or evil.

I imagine the Blue Whale events outside of the birthing grounds of this hoax (Russia, supposedly) are copycat events.

12 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

The problem with things like this "challenge", be it a hoax or legitimate, is that much like a killer it will inspire some twisted fuck into becoming a copycat who will shoot for their chance of infamy or evil.

I imagine the Blue Whale events outside of the birthing grounds of this hoax (Russia, supposedly) are copycat events.

The ones from South American are  copycats.  I guess the one from UK is the same thing.   It became a trendy topic........

About being a hoax, at least here they are not. The death kids are real and few more that were saved.

1 hour ago, dew said:

Like you were beyond help for a decade?

Oh and if you truly lack the ability to recognize sarcasm, don't follow international news and can't operate google, the whole thing is a hoax.

I never said suicidal people were beyond help.  I said if someone commits suicide for some dumb challenge that they are beyond help.  But hey, thanks for being as predictable as ever, babe.

Edited by Tracer

Well I read a few cases in Argentina too. Honestly, parents MUST be around their children, these kind of things wouldn't happen if parents do their job. Adolescence is a period of our lives were our minds can go crazy and think whatever and do whatever. Ugh, I hope those kids and teens rest in peace but honestly I don't think it's about "oh they asked for it" but "why they weren't stopped". If someone just won't be responsible of their future kids, don't have them, and if they decide to have, then be responsible, their kids don't have the fault.

My thoughts yeah

37 minutes ago, Tracer said:

I said if someone commits suicide ... are beyond help.

People die if they are killed.

Unless what you're actually saying is that you know a necromancer who can help after someone's suicide, and you're stating that people who had their mental state manipulated and taken advantage of have no right to be given a second chance. In which case, yikes.

Edited by Arctangent

I'm not sure what this challenge is, but after reading a article I just googled, I'm actually not that surprised. The internet is full of shit like this. Heck there's a thread here about the nastiest stuff people found online (which actually shocked me, given how it's one thing after another). That doesn't mean it isn't surprising.

Look at how the "challenge" is played out. It's kept discreet, and is always directed at specific people. Like how a predator selects it prey. It's mere existence is crime. 

These teenagers that go for it must be really depressed to not see the truth behind these challenges. Carve your skin? Watch "videos"? Listen to "music"? The "admin" or something is mentally torturing them for a whole month. And to finish it off, suicide is the final challenge. How in the world is suicide a challenge for someone who's become psychologically scarred from the previous challenges and was depressed for some time now?

These teenagers need help getting things back into orders. The last thing they need is a push towards insanity.

My Spanish is limited, but all of the articles I've read are 1) extremely vague on details, dubiously claiming "reported deaths", 2) conveniently gruped to roughly two or three days by the end of April. All of the sudden, all at once your media went berserk about this story, with no precedent and barely any follow up. Quite a lot of those articles even mention the hundreds of Russian suicides, which is fake news. Can anyone point me towards anything verified? All of this shows telltale signs of spreading hoax without verifying sources.

so i just found this

i'm not entirely sure if this is true or not (have a feeling it might not be), but considering some of the crap that goes on in russia i wouldn't be surprised if it were true

looks like it's isolated in russia tho, so that's good

12 minutes ago, dew said:

My Spanish is limited, but all of the articles I've read are 1) extremely vague on details, dubiously claiming "reported deaths", 2) conveniently gruped to roughly two or three days by the end of April. All of the sudden, all at once your media went berserk about this story, with no precedent and barely any follow up. Quite a lot of those articles even mention the hundreds of Russian suicides, which is fake news. Can anyone point me towards anything verified? All of this shows telltale signs of spreading hoax without verifying sources.

Those were reported casesnot deaths. You want a more detailed case of the first one? Here...spanish stuff again, please translate it or something.

http://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nacional/region-de-antofagasta/2017/04/27/denuncian-en-antofagasta-el-primer-caso-de-macabro-juego-ballena-azul-en-chile.shtml

Edited by leodoom85

I can read Spanish well enough, don't worry. I'm mostly interested in how "reported cases" of events like "a girl had cut wounds" are casually put in the same sentence as committing suicide and bogus news about 150 dead kids in Russia. This is thoroughly compromised news reporting, this is why our police got laughed out by public scrutiny. I can't "feel out" the fakeness as well as in the Czech articles, but goddamn this still feels like a continued hoax.

Nah, no Blue Whales in my country, even if it is a slavic one and close to Russia (Croatia ftw btw :D ).

Frankly the only reason I heard someone commit suicide because they kept failing at school and couldn't take it anymore.

That might be a stupid cover-up for some more serious issues, but no one is trying to say much after that.

For example, last suicide I heard of that was actual and not by any chance fake was this guy who was this woman's son failed some big exam in college and so he decided to try flying of the nearest roof. Guess how that passed for him.

Either way, I have known of the Blue Whale Сукины сукины who organised this a long time ago, and if there is any shred of truth in all of this, I hope they all choke on my short dodongo while complaining that they did what those poor kids "asked for" and aren't in any way evil.

Just wondering there´s a "swim with the whales.wad" while remembering this strange "blue whale stuff" here I never heard before anywhere, coincidence? However, wtf is wrong? ...could you all pls wait for Mr. Trump pushing red buttons and NOT kill themselves before?! Thx! - and not kill others either!   Thx again.  (.. no Whales too dear japanese..) Cool, If we ALL just COULD agree on that, the world already turn pff 2000% better without any wars...

and suicide, maybe visit some local child cancer hospital to adjust some views on life..Dunno

I'm just disappointed that more people haven't finished the challenge yet.

Also swim with the whales being blue and this blue whale challenge... Doominati and all that; Ribbiks couldn't drive us to suicide through Doom so he's sought other means.