Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Dissappointed about the 'Blue Whale' challenge.

Mmm.. It’s terrible to have kids die at such a young age and I'd like to express my sincere sympathy to the families of the victims.

But honestly, all those "players" deserve a Darwin award.

Is anyone else getting serious Videodrome vibes from this shit?

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

11 hours ago, Arctangent said:

People die if they are killed.

-and then some sarcastic shit disguised as an argument-

Oh, you don't say.  Well since your inferencing skills are clearly subpar, allow me to elaborate.

If someone commits suicide because of some dumb contest  they are beyond help and have been beyond help because they were dumb enough to commit suicide to win some contest.

Are you comprehending now?

Edited by Tracer

Trace desperately trying to bail out his stupid wording so hard it's making double posts. Somewhere in a White House closet, Sean Spicer suddenly stopped crying and felt like he's not the worst person at explaining things. Did you miss the part where it's an uproven hoax, Tracey?

33 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Are you comprehending now?

I mean, you're the one who seems to be struggling with comprehending when someone's picking apart your phrasing.

That said,

33 minutes ago, Tracer said:

If someone commits suicide because of some dumb contest  they are beyond help and have been beyond help because they were dumb enough to commit suicide to win some contest.

Man, do you struggle to realize you aren't the sole human among a sea of incomprehensible aliens. Or maybe you think you're the alien among a sea of incomprehensible humans. Either way, you don't put any thought into stuff like this, or really do just have such a massive ego that you believe yourself invulnerable to psychological manipulation ... which you've probably left plenty of proof otherwise laying around, but what's self-awareness again?

A lot of the people in this thread have that bad, especially in thinking that teenagers are some sort of other that is beyond understanding in spite of the fact that they really aren't any different from the people saying these sorts of things. It's honestly pretty childish, in the same vein that a six-year-old sees themselves as above five-year-olds because of the fact that they're a year older.

This isn't about teenagers or sub-humans or whatever excuse you're using to hint that the victims are mentally inferior; those are just excuses for trying to hide away your own fragility instead of facing and understanding it. This is about people abusing human psychology to manipulate people into taking their own lives. Thinking you're above it does nothing but make you a bigger target, because all you're doing is mentally shutting away the possibility that you aren't in control when someone figures out how you tick.

Also, it just makes you look like an asshole who is not so much incapable of walking in someone else's shoes, but actively refuses to do so.

Fucking sheesh give Trace some slack.

I guess he wanted to say that hypotethically or whatever-is-the-word-that-signifies-its-not-a-actual-thing-but-lets-pretend-it-is people who would kill themselves JUST to win some game or contest are severly fucked beyond reason.

Yeah, sure, to some people this "game" could be a way to "cap it off" and finish what they had planned to do a long time ago but never found "courage", but there WERE cases in history like:

"Hey dude wanna win a free TV just jump off this bridge"

"Okay man"

*does it*

"Fuckin idiot"

Obviously replace the "free TV" and "bridge" with anything else and that is it.

Can we move on now? Or is there yet another matter that isn't clear.

31 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

I mean, you're the one who seems to be struggling with comprehending when someone's picking apart your phrasing.

That said,

Man, do you struggle to realize you aren't the sole human among a sea of incomprehensible aliens. Or maybe you think you're the alien among a sea of incomprehensible humans. Either way, you don't put any thought into stuff like this, or really do just have such a massive ego that you believe yourself invulnerable to psychological manipulation ... which you've probably left plenty of proof otherwise laying around, but what's self-awareness again?

A lot of the people in this thread have that bad, especially in thinking that teenagers are some sort of other that is beyond understanding in spite of the fact that they really aren't any different from the people saying these sorts of things. It's honestly pretty childish, in the same vein that a six-year-old sees themselves as above five-year-olds because of the fact that they're a year older.

This isn't about teenagers or sub-humans or whatever excuse you're using to hint that the victims are mentally inferior; those are just excuses for trying to hide away your own fragility instead of facing and understanding it. This is about people abusing human psychology to manipulate people into taking their own lives. Thinking you're above it does nothing but make you a bigger target, because all you're doing is mentally shutting away the possibility that you aren't in control when someone figures out how you tick.

Also, it just makes you look like an asshole who is not so much incapable of walking in someone else's shoes, but actively refuses to do so.

Pardon me for seeing herd behavior as inferior and not willingly walking in the shoes of people dumb enough to do crazy shit for dumb reasons (yes Dew, I read what you said, but the fact remains that people have killed themselves and I think carrying out that act is dumb (suicidal people are not dumb, but if suicide is never the answer, then it cannot be a smart move, thus making it a dumb move) from a scientific standpoint, sorry for keeping my emotions and my thoughts seperate).  Sue me for refusing to shed a tear for people who pay the ultimate price for their unintelligent actions.

Kirby, it is refreshing to see someone who isn't high off of their own fumes here.  But don't waste your time trying to bat for me with those clowns.  They have developed a psychological hard on for arguing with me and taking things I say out of context to serve themselves and their arguments.  They are the kind of people who use buzzwords to come off as more enlightened.  

Edited by Tracer

22 minutes ago, Tracer said:

I think we should think of humans as computer programs, instead of animals.

You three need to just have that ménage à trois already and take that constantly exploding drama over semantics like an old married couple elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Tracer said:

yes Dew, I read what you said, but the fact remains that people have killed themselves and I think carrying out that act is dumb (suicidal people are not dumb, but if suicide is never the answer, then it cannot be a smart move, thus making it a dumb move) from a scientific standpoint, sorry for keeping my emotions and my thoughts seperate

I asked for a proof that people actually committed suicide over this Blue Whale game and I did not get a non-hoax, trustworthy one yet. Are you denying that, or are you just arguing against suicide altogether now? You say you separate emotions and thoughts, but you're clearly mixing your facts to push some agenda that wasn't mentioned before, so let's hear what it is. Passionately denigrating hypothetical, non-existing victims is the height of emotional, non-factual, non-objective arguments, but keep talking yourself up bigly to reassure yourself that you're #winning.

I am arguing against the act of suicide.  You are attempting to use sarcastic hashtags to solidify your point.  You are way too predictable.

But let us consider this ménage à trois, because you sound adorable.

13 hours ago, Tracer said:

But hey, thanks for being as predictable as ever, babe.

2 hours ago, Tracer said:

Well since your inferencing skills are clearly subpar, allow me to elaborate.

55 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Kirby, it is refreshing to see someone who isn't high off of their own fumes here.

18 minutes ago, Tracer said:

You are attempting to use sarcastic hashtags to solidify your point.  You are way too predictable.

And you are desperately trying to establish your own reasoning superiority by straight out calling ours inferior. It doesn't work that way. Especially when you brazenly admit that you've shifted the goalpost in the debate and went from arguing about this Blue Whale game to strawmanning about the moral righteousness of suicide and sanctity of life altogether. If that's what you really want to discuss, start your own thread and we can throw down there. I can't wait!

I will have to decline your offer about the threesome though, the reason you've not been accepted into the police force for makes me think you're probably not my type.

19 minutes ago, dew said:

More predictable babble

Stop playing hard to get, cutie.  Also, I have no desire to "throw down" with you.  I never have.  You are the one who always starts these quarrels with me, which leads to us arguing and derailing yet another thread.  Kindly fuck off and stop making this thread about us disagreeing again.

Edited by Tracer

20 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Stop playing hard to get, cutie.  Also, I have no desire to "throw down" with you.  I never have.  You are the one who always starts these quarrels with me, which leads to us arguing and derailing yet another thread.  Kindly fuck off and stop making this thread about us disagreeing again.

Again, it doesn't work this way. You can't dismiss me, because I keep dismantling your arguments until you run out of them. It's particularly funny that you'd think I'm going to disappear after you tell me to fuck off, lol. And I already explained that you derailed the thread when you started talking about your moral disgust over the general concept of suicide. Nothin personnel, kid. Furthermore, you literally liked all my replies!

OP, judging by the progression of this thread, I'm not sure Doomworld is capable of helping itself, let alone others, in any matter unrelated to Doom.

Haven't read a thread that gave me a headache while simultaneously making me laugh in a while, glad to have caught up on that quota

Suicide is hard to judge because if you're able to talk about it, that means you're probably very biased. If you're a live and not suicidal, of course you will say that killing yourself sucks. But we never hear the other side of the story. People that successfully ended their lives never commented on their decision, we don't know whether they are satisfied with it or they regret it.

10 minutes ago, Memfis said:

People that successfully ended their lives never commented on their decision, we don't know whether they are satisfied with it or they regret it.

They are neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, because they are dead. They no longer have an opinion.

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

But we never hear the other side of the story. People that successfully ended their lives never commented on their decision, we don't know whether they are satisfied with it or they regret it.

My favorite posts are the ones that try to be profound but end up being hilarious 

I feel like that was meant to question whether the toil of mortal life compares to whatever heavenly life is like, but I'm pretty sure every major religion that has afterlives banish people who commit suicide to some sort of Hell equivalent, so uh.

Well, Buddhists don't believe in eternal Heaven and Hell (But I do, because fuck yeah, Dio and Iommi!).  In Buddhism, if you go to their "hell", you can work your way out of it.  It can be more simply described as a merit system.  

5 hours ago, StevieCybernetik said:

I dunno, like killing yourself over retarded online challenges?

That makes total sense.

Seems pretty clear at this point that this is an urban legend. I don't think there's much else to say here.