Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bonnie

Favorite midis?

What are some of your favorite midis?

2 of my favorites are Give in (with pleasure) from Memento Mori 2 and Map01 of Memento Mori 1 (i don't remember the name of the midi)

I'm not a big fan of midis, I'm more of a mod/xm/s3m kind of guy, they are just so much more flexible with what you can do with them especially when it comes to sound variety. On that note I like the usual suspects, purple motion, xtd, necros, tsec, Alexander Brandon, etc. Plus some songs from other artists here and there as well like Betrayers metal covers which are really good quality and which I might use in one of my maps one day :)

1) Hiding the Secrets from Doom (I think it is named D_E1M9), At Doom's Gate and many other tracks from Doom.

2) Daggerfall's soundtrack (the main theme is EPIC!!!). Some tracks from it like Dungeon (one of my favourites in the game), Raining, Palace, Square, Fireplace (OH GOD THIS ONE IS GREAT), Oversnow, e.t.c. are very atmospheric. They fit the fantasy world of the game perfectly.

I think next time one of these threads pops up I'll just quote this post:

Knightrider of Doom - Dragon's Revenge (Shai'tan's Luck MAP28)

Knightrider of Doom - Legend of the Black Sun (Newgothic MAP11, Newgothic 2 MAP16, Chillax MAP39)

Stewboy - Imaginarium (Ancient Aliens MAP24)

Stewboy - Sewers (Doom Core MAP29)

Stewboy - Day of Mourning (Resurgence MAP31)

Esselfortium - Zenith (BTSX E3)

Ribbiks - It's in C Minor Too? (Stardate 20X7 MAP09)

Alfonzo - Gutter Penny (Realm of Parthoris E1M5, THT Threnody MAP10)

Alfonzo - Oracle Night (Realm of Parthoris E2M1, but deserves a map written especially for it to be honest)

Jimmy - Petrichor (BTSX E2M24)

Jimmy - Keeper of Terrors (BTSX E3)

Jimmy - Frozen Over (Supplice)

Jimmy - Cloud Soup

Jeremy Doyle - Crawl (TNT Revilution MAP14)

I've probably forgotten a ton of others like I usually do but that'll do for now I think.

Some midis I like atm:

Toilet Of The Gods Map03 - Ending (Chapter 3 Version) (Corpse Party)

The Fatal Decision - Unknown Author

SF2012 Map25 - The Infinite Sky (zakatak9389)

SF2012 Map05 - Bergschrund (Jimmy)

Rush Map10 - Level 12 (Descent)

terrible1 - rdwpa

Follow Your Heart - Power Quest

Legion Of Fear - Knightrider Of Doom

Whatever the broken midi from Frog Map05 is (must be the broken version though)

My broken version of the midi from Evilution Map04 (the bells sticking makes the midi far better than the original)

Mutiny Map04 - Tar (Jimmy)

SF2012 Map29 - unknown name (Wolf Kraft)

Mutiny Map08 - Take These Pills And Be Who You Are (jmickle66666666)

The Mucus Flow (B.P.R.D.)

Equinox Map01

The Rebirth Map20 - Sunfall Valley (Open Fire) (Viscra Maelstrom)

warning, long and possibly inaccurate opinionated list coming up:

Fearsphere and On the Backs of Eagles (30in30)

Botpack #9 (50shades MAP10, also in Moonblood)

Congestion 1024 MAP08 (title?)

Monuments of Treason (1024cla2 MAP20)

Arch-Vile Cathedral Band and The Choice (2002ado E2M2 and E2M3)

Alien Forest (aaliens MAP25)

Fight the Logic if you can (AV MAP20)

STRAIN MAP17 (title?)

Drilling by Night (Resurge MAP17 and BTSXE1 MAP03)

Icicles (Resurge MAP24, 20x6 MAP03, and CC4 MAP10)

Future Military Conquests (Duke Nukem track)

Gunny (darken2 MAP05)

The Lost Souls (ETERNALL MAP11)

Jogando Como Diablo (fth666 MAP04)

Grand Design (HC20 MAP12)

Nightmares of the Slaves (hr2final MAP26)

Sunset over Babylon (echelon MAP29, jenesis MAP24)

The Wind (MM MAP10)

Fear's Falter (mm2 MAP18, underused midi)

Going Too Far (NOVA MAP02)

Full Thrust (nova2 MAP15)

Unforgiven Remix (pccp MAP30)

Outpost of Destiny (pl2 MAP27)

Cry of Desperation (Plutonia MIDI pack MAP31)

Breach of Madness (REQUIEM MAP12)

Bound for Glory (REVERIE MAP27)

Nightmarescape - Ribbiks

Task Force (Rise of the Triad)

Church of the Machine (scythe2 MAP30, godly Symphony X midi)

Mining for Paranoia (Revolution MIDI pack MAP17)

Magic (ur MAP17)

SkyTemple (Valiant MAP16)

Vile Flesh MAP15 (title?)

Viola Villa (WOS MAP15)

The midi from YAOTZIN.wad

pretty much anytime a Xenogears or Secret of Evermore midi plays

I love the TNT exclusive MIDIs that were made for Final Doom and also really enjoy listening to most of the MIDIs from the Plutonia MIDI Pack Project.

There are so many, but the few I could think of off-hand are:

BTSX MAP01 (Entering by @esselfortium)

Every Valiant track by this fucking legend named @Jimmy (MAP10, MAP15, MAP31, MAP13 was my personal favorite)

Alien Vendetta's MAP04, MAP08, and MAP20

Valiant's Theme Track (I'm pretty sure this was from one of the old Gundam games)

Lunatic's MAP01 (from Tyrian 2000)

Disjunction's MAP01 (from Jazz Jackrabbit 2) and MAP11 (not sure where this one was from, but it's epic).

Scythe's MAP30 (You suck!)

F2H's MAP01 (Doomrider by Primevil)

Ancient Alien's MAP02, MAP07, and MAP22

Epic's MAP05 (was also used in Epic 2's MAP11)

Epic 2's MAP01 (from ES Daggerfall), MAP05 (Magus' Theme), MAP21 (Eruyt Village from FF XII), and MAP28 

Eternal Doom's MAP17

Edited by stru

HolyHell map 03: I love this midi (as well as the map) very much. This is my most favourite midi ;)

Speed of Doom: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31, 32

Plutonia 2: 10, 14, 15, 16, 24, 26, 28, 29, 30

Scythe 2: 01

Arxangels: all

Sunder: 03, 05, 08, 09, 12, 14

SF2012: 03, 11, 12, 15, 25, 27, 30, 34

Stardate 20x6: 06, 07, 31, 01

VeryHard: 01 (can anyone tell what's the name of this music?), 02, 03

Chillax: all

Lake Bodom, KoD Legion of Fear. There are many more ;D

Edited by Yousuf Anik

The midi is "Sweaty Mancubus Armpits" by Sam "Metabolist" Woodman used in Hell Revealed 2 map 12

I would just like to take a moment to talk about how Execution Deathmatches features what is, in my opinion, the best original soundtrack for a Doom Megawad. The energy is just truly full-on in this pack and it even has that cool "main little riff which is featured in several songs" thing going on which is a really nice touch. This shit gets me so pumped in a DM, hilarious as that may sound. It has a very signature sound - I'd love to see a SP / Cooperative wad reuse this excellent soundtrack at some point. It certainly deserves it.

My favorite tracks are Map10, Map31 and the Intermission music. A damn fine wad with a damn fine set of MIDIs, I couldn't believe someone hadn't uploaded a basic, clean MIDI rip to YouTube in the last 11 years. Truly underrated wad soundtrack right here.

EDIT: Now this is my favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't love the Memento Mori, Hell Revealed 2 and Going Down soundtracks.. Those are all tied for 2nd! ..As well as a bunch of other Doom Wads, if I start thinking about this for too long the list would start getting out of hand! I'll just leave you with this badass MP3 of Hell Revealed 2 Map 15, as recorded by the original composer himself:

Edited by Doomkid

One of the most epic midis I have ever heard and the Arachno soundfont renders it so much better.

I like the midi version of the French Can-can

Human BBQ from Map02 in TNT: Evilution

It sounds pretty terrible in a lot of source ports except for Doomsday with the track either being glitched or the mixing being off with certain notes almost inaudible, but this is what a Doom midi should strive for in my opinion. Evilution overall has incredible music but this takes the cake. The constantly rumbling distorted bass throughout the song amps me up and the higher pitched notes on top make for a nice hook. I had this stuck in my head for weeks when I first heard it and all I could think about was getting back home to replay this map for the music.

the distortion in the song is probably the fault of whatever MIDI playback the uploader used. it definitely doesn't sound distorted to me at all.

Here's another one that I can listen to on repeat - Junkie Smack from Memento Mori II. Lots of great tunes in this wad but I really like this one. With the right soundfont to take care of the typical cheesy sounding midi drums, this track almost sounds like it could be straight out of a movie.

The rest would just be the midis that came with older versions of windows.

Edited by MrD!zone

bump for these 2 hot tracks: 

the royal - arga https://drive.google.com/file/d/1agusPB0QvvwXsvnMxwyAYY0ecbSVoGvw/view?usp=sharing

(this one was gotten from http://www.tabplayer.online/ [as advertised by mr. stru], a great resource for song-midis)

zach siegel - the infinite sky (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu8ivqbrit3az8q/infinite_sky.mid?dl=1)

i don't know if those were put here already or not

DOOM:

At Doom's Gate, Sign Of Evil, I Sawed The Demons, Intermission from DOOM, Facing The Spider, The End Of DOOM and Sweet Little Dead Bunny.

DOOM 2:

Running From Evil, DOOM, The Dave D. Taylor Blues, The Ultimate Challenge/The Ultimate Conquest, Opening To Hell

FINAL TNT:

Opening To Hell, Death's Bells, More, Soldier Of Chaos, Let's Kill At Will, Cold Subtleness, Blood Jungle and Horizon.