Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bonnie

Favorite midis?

4 hours ago, BJ34 said:

DOOM:

At Doom's Gate, Sign Of Evil, I Sawed The Demons, Intermission from DOOM, Facing The Spider, The End Of DOOM and Sweet Little Dead Bunny.

DOOM 2:

Running From Evil, DOOM, The Dave D. Taylor Blues, The Ultimate Challenge/The Ultimate Conquest, Opening To Hell

FINAL TNT:

Opening To Hell, Death's Bells, More, Soldier Of Chaos, Let's Kill At Will, Cold Subtleness, Blood Jungle and Horizon.

Death's Bells is probably my favorite Doom track ever, closely followed by Deep Into the Code and Message For the Archvile.

My favorite MIDIs:

===========================================================================================

Valiant: MAP 01 - Bad Reception

===========================================================================================

Valiant: Map 28 - A Lightbridge Too Far

Valiant: Map 31 - Cyberwar 7734

Valiant: Map 30 - Electric Nightmare - Final Boss Battle

Sunlust: Map 01 - Chasing Suns

Sunlust: Map 03 - Forgotten Shrine

This track gave me many inspirations for my mapset, especially the MAP01:Slime Dwellers, which has similar name and representation.

9 hours ago, StoneMason said:

<Resurgence MAP31>

Thank you! I think that's actually my favourite track I've written for any pre-Ancient Aliens project. I rate it far higher than stars.mid!

Edited by Roofi

One of my all time favourite midis. I would love to play a lot of gimmicky maps with this music. (I maybe already posted this music but it's better without soundfont)

So glad you tagged me, just listened to that absolute banger again for the first time in ages.. cheers!

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

So glad you tagged me, just listened to that absolute banger again for the first time in ages.. cheers!

Finally, a YouTube video where it's totally worth reading the entire comments thread!

MAP01 of @Doomkid's The UAC Rebellion.

Can't find on YT so: I recommend you just go play the mod and listen, would put the MIDI file here but the site doesn't let me.....

On 3/10/2019 at 6:00 PM, Master O said:

My god the synthwork is sublime...

are you telling me the band SUBLIME made that? no way

okay all jokes aside, I agree, it is incredible.

Midi used in Dark Resolution 2008 map 10 , perfect music for a final or penultimate map. Awesome midi despite the vocals are way too loud.

I never really played Hexen. I found this game quite boring tbh. However , I discovered this music thanks to Dark Resolution map 11. I love how this music fits in a very hard with stricly no armor and scarce items. Limited resources + no armor + this music = Maximal tension

I will say that my favorite midi is Hell to Pay Map01: The Holding Cells. Its really awesome how, as you escape from imprisonment and gradually unfolds the map, the tune, starting subtle and soft, star to rise in tempo. When finally reaching the courtyard and seeing the spaceships escaping... WOW! Thats what i call to get completly in the mood to the game. I think it was made by Tom Mustaine... but i'm not really sure. I played Hell 2 Pay almost 10 time just to feel absorbed by this song into the mood of the game.

Also, one of my all time favorite midi songs is Cave Story Main Theme. I found myself constantly whistling it.

But, for me, the ULTIMATE MiDi soundtrack is from M.U.S.H.A. Aleste  on SEGA genesis. I played this game endlessly when i was a kid just to heard that magnificent soundtrack.

I love E1M8 midi. It is so dark and sad that it can give a meaning to all the level. I mean, E1M8 is just a corridor with 2 barons, but that midi tranform this simple map in a beautiful boss map.

I also like SF2011 MAP01 and MAP30 midis. The first one is probably my favourite midi of all time, and the second one is an epic track to use in a 16k monster map.

Other really nice midis, for me, are Eternall doom MAP30 and Icarus MAP30. Just some epic tracks to use with some not so epic maps (and I know that eternall's final map is generally considered a really good map, but I simply don't like it, sorry about that)

Edited by Simomarchi

A lot of great stuff in this thread I need to explore. Also reminds me I need to get caught up on some wads like BTSX as they seem to have fantastic music.

On Invasion UAC or another similar ZDaemon Co-op wad there was a MIDI version of Green Day's Brain Stew that I always loved and fit the level really well. I'll come back and update if I find it.

There was a great MIDI remix of Super Mario Land's World 2 Level 2 on Kingdom Hearts Insider that I always liked and used as a ringtone for a while.

Finally, it's not MIDI but I must mention this MOD file I discovered from some cyberpunk deathmatch wad I played long ago and it's one of my favorite pieces of music ever.

Ultimate Doom: Either Sign of Evil or the underrated On the Hunt (Victory Song is great too)

Doom II: definitely Into Sandy's City

Sigil: Adrenaline in the Blood

other: Roof (Map06) in Ancient Aliens

Doom 1: Sinister, Deep Into the Code, At Doom's Gate, and Demons on the Prey

Doom 2: Shawn's Got the Shotgun and Into Sandy's City

TNT: Sadistic, Smells Like Burning Corpse, Blood Jungle, and Into the Beast's Belly

As for PWADs, the songs for Misri Halek, Mucus Flow, and Grove have already been listed a bunch of times. There's also this cool song from a game I never heard of that pops up in AV and Kama Sutra:

There's also this weird Heretic song that was used for Scythe MAP31:

Then there's Strife, and I could probably list most of those songs here because they're all great:

EDIT: I forgot, there was this cool song in older versions of Freedoom:

I wonder why they removed it...?

Edited by TheMightyHeracross

Two awesome midis from an obscure Ultimate Doom megawad. I don't know the name of the music, the wad doesn"t have a text file...