Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youraverageamir

A generic tech base level. (Joke WAD)

A generic tech base level in the video game DOOM.

(Basically just a level showing off a little trick with skyboxes, an illusion of there being a room in front of you, but you can't actually move around it.)

(Requires UDMF)

Download: uacbase.zip

Edited by youraverageamir

Think its broken I shoot first guy then trapped the dead zombie moves around me and that's it. 

Edited by Ed_Deth

16 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I think this is troll map. It's broken on purpose. 

uacbase at 2017.05.17 18-38-50.200 [R2978].jpg

Troll map is obvious....sky texture on both ceiling and floor..........................................

Of course it's shit, if the author doesn't even bother providing screenshots.

Well,if you want get attention to normal level,you should create normal list what you included in that level + screenshots or video or demo of that level. Mentioning "udmf" isn't enough,because here are gzdoom /zdoom /eternity udmf mapping standart. 

17 minutes ago, youraverageamir said:

how is this piece of shit getting more attention than my project A level. aka the one i actually put work into

Uh...you should answer that question. Or rather, that question was already answered....don't you think so?

1 hour ago, youraverageamir said:

how is this piece of shit getting more attention than my project A level. aka the one i actually put work into

What you have done is made sure that you will recieve no respect as a wad designer. after this wad, every single one of your wads will be looked at with a grain of salt, we wont know if its a troll map, or a legit map.

1 hour ago, youraverageamir said:

Because trolling attracts more attention than mediocrity. Isn't that exactly why people troll in the first place? ;)

Edit: and anyhow, both maps got ~3 people checking them out, so "more attention" is debatable.

Edited by Benjogami

Look Amir, nobody plays my maps either but you don't see me wasting my/others' time with trollmaps. Just accept that one map didn't do as well as you'd like and move on to the next one. Don't let a failure hang over your head.

Also note that at least people responded positively to your last map, but few people are going to take the time to play a GzDoom map that has geometry that looks like somebody's 1st map.

I will check the map just in case to give a better review of it and.......all maps can be fixed and improved.

OK. The idea behind this is...original, to say the least. No textures used in the main area and I saw the entire map like I had some x-ray vision (thanks to the skybox viewpoint that I checked), only monsters in front of me. The automap is necessary to guide you to the objective. And thanks that I had the trigger line option enabled, I knew what I had to do which is shooting that switch to spawn the rockets to kill the IoS. 

ok, i apologise for uploading this. i didnt upload it because i wanted to make a bad level to get attention, i uploaded it because i thought atleast some people would find the skybox trick entertaining, but i guess i was wrong. i'll only upload genuine levels from now on. 

1 minute ago, youraverageamir said:

i didnt upload it because i wanted to make a bad level to get attention, i uploaded it because i thought atleast some people would find the skybox trick entertaining

If this is the case then you should just say what it is when you post it... You know, forthrightness and honesty and all that. Kinda not about what you posted here but how you posted it.

1 minute ago, youraverageamir said:

ok, i apologise for uploading this. i didnt upload it because i wanted to make a bad level to get attention, i uploaded it because i thought atleast some people would find the skybox trick entertaining, but i guess i was wrong. i'll only upload genuine levels from now on. 

Then you could have explained the situation of the skybox trick in the OP to avoid confusion in the first place...then the result should have been different :)

Dear god people, do you ever smile? Why does every single goddamn level out there have to be a super-badass Ancient-goddamn-Aliens-scale megaWAD?

OK we know that you folks are mental perverts who have a fetish for BTSX and Scythe, that's great, I'm so happy for you all, go away. You must be proud of yourself. :]

--

I liked the shotgun trick, no idea how did you pull that off. The overall concept reminded me of HOMCITY.WAD, a WAD I like occasionally replaying. Not a slaughter map, by the way. Better than most WADs out there.

1337/420 from me would play again

What I do not get is why declaring a bad map a "joke" map is being considered funny.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:13 AM, Ed_Deth said:

Anybody else think this is broken

Sorry youraverageamir I started all the broken stuff. Now that I have figured it it I find that is a neat trick I have finshed it and think it is a neat idea. I also played your project A level the same day and had no trouble with it and assumed that this one was somehow broken, sorry for that.

19 minutes ago, Ed_Deth said:

Sorry youraverageamir I started all the broken stuff. Now that I have figured it it I find that is a neat trick I have finshed it and think it is a neat idea. I also played your project A level the same day and had no trouble with it and assumed that this one was somehow broken, sorry for that.

yeah, at the time i thought it would be better to keep the trick a surprise, but in hindsight i should have explained the trick in the op. ill edit the post.

Could probably be more useful in a larger-scale project? Somebody could figure a use for it out.