Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Affirmative

Any word on a movie???

Affirmative said:

Does anyone know about a movie of Doom coming? plz reply

There was a Doom movie planned, but iD didn't like the script, so they cancelled it.

Planned but canned. Good move on Id's part. For something similar, try reading the Doom Novels. The first one is quite enjoyable, despite some writing...shortcomings. the Second one, is not bad at all. Good read. If you're even thinking of the last 2 books, I'll hit you with them. ;)

I think a Doom movie could be good if it were like Aliens... I saw it for the first time the other day and it was excellent, and quite-Doom like actually.

CyRaptor said:

I think a Doom movie could be good if it were like Aliens... I saw it for the first time the other day and it was excellent, and quite-Doom like actually.

Very true on both counts, however, Aliens had a fairly sizeable cast.
Doom has one marine. If more characters/marines were introduced and done well/right.. it could very well make a good movie! But the first step is competent scriptwriters.

RailGunner said:

there is going to be NO doom movie

And if Doom 3 is a succes? I'm sure iD would be crawling with hollywood producers.

RailGunner said:

there is going to be NO doom movie

Did you really have to state in a rude way what everyone else has said in a nice way? No you didn't.

Lost Soul said:

Doom has one marine. If more characters/marines were introduced and done well/right.. it could very well make a good movie! But the first step is competent scriptwriters.

Don't make a movie about the doomguy. Make a movie about the experiment and then the war against hellspawn. A one-man movie would blow, imo.

Lost Soul said:

ROFL

yeah I know, but if i said 'it WILL be a succes', people would be all over me :P

Howie Long looks like the Doom marine. too bad he not very good actor, although he was good as a grunt in Broken Arrow. I was a little excited about the ramblings of the doom movie a few years ago, but seeing how freakin terrible video game movies turn out, it'd be a disgrace.

The only possible exception to that rule would be Tron. All the others are atrocious at best.

Affirmative said:

lol

I see you are new.
An unwritten rule: Don't write one word replies. That turns this place into a chatroom very fast :)
Welcome to DW.

Shaviro said:

Don't make a movie about the doomguy. Make a movie about the experiment and then the war against hellspawn. A one-man movie would blow, imo.

I agree entirely.

Movies can't really have bosses, can they?
The boss in Doom 64 was the Mother Demon, not a Baron/Knight.

CyRaptor said:

Movies can't really have bosses, can they?
The boss in Doom 64 was the Mother Demon, not a Baron/Knight.

uhm. I think the whole 'boss' thingie comes from movies.

Starwars had the deathstar for instance (not a 'boss', but a final challenge). Many action movies have a final 'boss'.

Yes, That Hellknight/hellbaron thing would make a perfect boss. Its strong and probably the most realistic looking monster on that game.

ravage said:

hmmm... i always thought that doomguy's name was Flynn Taggart

In the novels, yes. Otherwise... no.

Lost Soul said:

Hey... this isn't Wolfenstein 3D... there's Coop! This would be part of the DOOM movie script:

Green: Hey, what the fuck is that?
Brown: I think it's an imp.
Red: Yeah, let's fry it!
Indigo: Hey look there on that alcove, isn't that a BFG?
Indigo: Wow, a BFG9001, the one with the fixed autoaim adjustment bug, isn't it!?