Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Affirmative

Any word on a movie???

you know whats a wikid bigass demon the one it lord of the rings first installment that was the shit

dsm said:

Easy to take down - just aim at the head and the bullets will rip its skull apart. Bones are not able to withstand the kinetic energies caused by a bullet.

A lead bullet traveling at 2,000 mph hits its target with enough force to destroy or at least dent almost anything.

a soldier who can wipe out scores of horrific monsters

...is something we've seen about a 1000 times before, isn't it?

A lead bullet traveling at 2,000 mph...

You mean 2000 fps right? Well I guess some larger rounds go 3000fps....

Wait... How do you kill something that's already dead?

That's kinda the point. Sure you can do some serious damage to a big pile of bone, but one big hit and a human is done like dinner. The undead are a diferent story. But hey, everyone likes something different.

...wait, what?

---
75% of the time, I am just stupid; the other 25% of the time, I am just lost.

Xian said:

There should be a heritic movie, it would piss off almost everybody

Thanks for putting some bizarre mental images into my head with that...

Xian said:

There should be a heritic movie, it would piss off almost everybody

What's a hiritic? :p

the_Danarchist said:

No one got my broom closet joke. That makes me sad.

Oh, I do remember a post that fired off a stupid comment about a broom closet. But I have a habit of not replying to a post that deviates from the main topic unless I find it constructive. And I'm not too fond of single word replies like "lol" or "rofl".

Rellik said:

meh

ALERT, ALERT - ONE WORD REPLY ALERT!

Rellik: I can't tell if my connection is just fucked or if your script isn't where it's supposed to be.

Anyway, a lot of the ideas on how it "should" be I am finding to be very interesting. Somebody said something to the effect that which marine in the larger squad the DoomGuy, the hero is, should be obvious because that's how it's done in good horror movies. I beg to differ. I find that in decent horror movies, I don't realize with any reliable level of certainty which character will turn out to be the sole survivor or hero will be, in horror movies or any genre for that matter.

Personally, I think that it should be obvious that any one of, say, three marines will be revealed as the DoomGuy

And a word on the disagreement between dsm and Rellik on how "gung-ho" the main character should be: Maybe he could be completely bad-ass, bulging with muscle, covered in ammo, armed and armored very well, go through about half of the movie mowing down groups of demons in a seemingly unrealistic way (but he should always remember to conserve ammo and CHANGE THE FUCKING MAGAZINE when it *should* be empty, keeping the situation somewhat realistic), but then suddenly be "taken down a notch," somewhat seriously, but not fatally injured, and presented with a major vulnerability. He would be forced to retreat and should then rely on more guerilla-like tactics and stealth from that point on. I think that this would please fans of mindless violence and realism equally, while also adding some "complexity" (it's not really all that complex, but...) to the plot by adding another layer of conflict. As with most decent literature, there should be several seperate conflicts on different levels. In this case, those conflicts would be humanity as a whole versus "evil," one man versus his vulnerability or injury, preventing the exploitation of that vulnerability or injury...

Ugh. Writing that felt like writing in Engrish.
"YOU LADY WILL PUSH THIS BUTTON BEFORE LEAVING."

Hell, anyway, writing to provide multiple conflicts seems to be a good way to make a piece of literature (or film) satisfy the requirements of multiple genres.

I think a DOOM movie would be OK only if id Software decided to take some time off producing games to gang up with movie-making experts to make the movie themselves. Otherwise... bah.

Oh yeah, id has always proven itself many times at producing great game story-lines before...

I support the idea of id polling randomly chosen members of Doomworld, preferably chosen from those that post pretty good fan-fiction and show that they have decent writing skills.

ravage said:

Wait... How do you kill something that's already dead?

Thou canst not kill that which dost not live. But you can blast it into chunky kibbles. :)

Anyway, wouldn't the best person to oversee a Doom movie be John Romero? That wouldn't tie up any of id's resources. He could even appear in the final scene...

Story? Well, maybe the "movie-making experts" can help out. I don't really think "stories" make good movies or anything, anyway, they are so 19th century, but yeah they can be OK. But think about it, doesn't id have the skills (artists and Carmack's mastery of 3d rendering) to do this? Plus they'd make sure it's not *simply* a commercial product to be forgotten in 2 years. Grazza, sure, if John Romero participated (why not Tom Hall as well?) it would be a plus indeed.

Yes, but iD is lacking some of the more creative people IMO, like American McGee who could make a truely great "Hell" and generate more creative works if they decided to make a movie,

Ultraviolet: Our servers down and will be for another week. :( I can email it to ya if you want.

Ultimate Demon said:

Oh no, it can't bee! Return To Castle Wolfenstein si going to be a Movie O_O the horror!

1) Why would that be worse than a Doom movie?
2) Where'd you hear that? And has it been confirmed?

Hicks said:

a DOOM movie will be much better that a Wolfensteing movie....:cool:

How so? RtCW has all the elements to make a good movie - additional characters apart from the hero, human bad guys (which means even more dialogue) and a rather interesting plot.

While Doom has an interesting plot too, it is rather short on character interaction (like, none at all).