Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Affirmative

Any word on a movie???

Yay total marketable hollywood trash!

Damn fucking shit-eating marketing pansies. The project is already being compromised by fucking AOL Time Warner (Warner Bros.) aiming for a PG-13 rating before a screenplay is even written. The screenplay will probably be written by some dipshit who hasn't even played the game and knows jackshit about it. Looking for something like Aliens meets Evil Dead 2? Too bad! Those are both rated R. No, we're going to get some mildly amusing but horribly tame half-assed flick like the Mummy or the Mummy Returns that relies solely on extremely fake looking special effects.

PG-13!
it would be such a laugh to see a movie studio make this movie.
from what we have seen from Doom3 already, I'd say even the best people in Hollywood couldn't come up to that level.
"Doom: The Movie - coming July 2003! starring Vin Diesel, Chris Tucker, and Rowan Atkinson as the voice of Taggart the Dog. This time the portal's open for every hellbound homie, gangsta, and bf'G'."

Dammit.. Just like you said it, someone blow the fuck out of that building. Get ready for a shiny, happy, polished version of Doom with totally not scary monsters and a TombRaider-like plot.. Oh, and probably there'll be lots of humour in it too.. Yay!

:(

Hollywood producers: "Ok, here's the basic plot: The main character, either Antonio Banderas or Rick Moranis, runs around blasting things senseless while searching for red, yellow, and blue keys..."

id: "Ummm... mind if we look at the script?"

H.P's : "Here ya go.?"

id (mumbling): "Uh-huh... 'Ahhh!... Bang bang bang... GET THE BLUE KEY!!!....'FLIP THE SWITCH!'......"

H.P's : "Solid, ain't it?"

id : "Uh, we'll call ya."

If some Hollywood-producers decide to make a Doom-movie, I think they should involve some Doomworld-members in the process of scriptwriting. I think most of us here pretty much have a nice idea about wether the script would have the right Doomfeel or not..

I seriously mean this.

I'm with you all the way, Disorder.

I just posted this reply to the News Item comments:

I just moved to L.A. and am living with a movie producer who I am working for. I'm reading a bunch of screenplays right now, so I'm learning how they are written. I've long been interested in writing and would naturally like to try my hand at the screenplay. However I wouldn't know how to piece together the plot. But together, we could see this movie to the big screen the way it should be. This could be the ultimate Doom Community project. If you guys don't want the movie to suck - then take this project into your own hands, write some plot ideas, theme ideas etc. on how to make the movie good. Yes, there are some obstacles, mainly the PG-13 rating. Let me offer some hope - look at LOTR:FOTR - that was a pretty scary movie - pretty gory - it was PG-13.

Due to my newfound disposition, I can get a Doom Screenplay read by the right people. So stop whining about how much the movie is gonna suck and start DOING something about it. Maybe if Warner Bros. receives a kick ass R script, they'll realize that a very good R movie will make more money than a very bad PG-13 movie (how dumb can they be?)

I'll try to get some contact info and we can spam the hell outta Warner Bros. about the PG-13 bit. :P

I can just see the credits roll now:

"DOOM"

Screenplay written by the DOOMWORLD website fanbase :)

Cool idea, now if only I
a) had enough time to write a script in addition to all my fan stories
b) Knew HOW to write a script.

My DOOM script.

There are a couple things I never got around to tweeking but it's a good example of a fairly polished script. You may need to use the included program to read it.

dsm said:

b) Knew HOW to write a script.

Just download one of those Hollywood-scripts. They are usually good examples of how to write a good script, technically speaking. Now all they have to do is to get the story right :)
You can download Hollywood-scripts right here.

And remember folks, practice makes perfect!

Rellik said:

My DOOM script.

There are a couple things I never got around to tweeking but it's a good example of a fairly polished script. You may need to use the included program to read it.

Dude, sweet!
Looks good, I haven't got the time to actually read it, but technically speaking, it looks really great.

Yes! Wow - excellent.

I'm psyched.

I was wondering where to get scripts online. Thanks for that link.

DSM - IDEAS are more important contribution than writing the script. Apparently there are already people here in DW that can do that :) - and hopefully I'm gonna learn too. A collaboration of ideas here is what we need - inspirations - visions of how you see the movie should be etc -

Looks like things are in motion. When I finish work today I'll read your script Rellik.

It was fun to write too, only took me 2 months. The format's easy once you get the hang of it (and that doesn't take long). With the way everything is indented 120 pages of script is prolly only 80 pages without indents. If you can write 80 pages of text, you're set.

I have a gut feeling they will intentionally NOT go with a script that's accurate.

Ice Cube wrote a script based on cclaim's game/comic series Shadow Man. The series is about a voodoo hero who gains his powers from an ancient mask implanted in his chest.

Ice Cube had never played the game or read the comics. His script was about a werewolf hunter. And Acclaim approved it. The fact the hero of the series was African American was all Ice Cube needed to know, apparently. Thankfully, the film was never made.

There's been a load of game film that have little resemblance to the game, and a few with no resemblance. I expect this to be no different. Nor with the Duke Nukem film(we have a white, blond hero. Let's cast the Rock).

I'd like to see Mel Gibson or Bruce Willis, especially Bruce Willis. But like Arnold, Stallone, Harrison Ford and the rest of the action heroes, they're too old. Vin Diesel is the only action hero left. I think he could be real good, actually, as the DOOM marine. He's got a diesel voice and a diesel build.

Anyway, we need to establish some plot ideas.

We could have it start with the pouring of hell's minions through the gate. The rapid loss of life until only 8 or 9 marines remain. The early on identification of the protagonist, and then the dropping off like flies, one by one, the marines, until there's only the protagonist left and his friend, and then there's a poignant and dramatic scene where he sees his friend get eaten by a Demon. He then collapses - about to give in and let the beasts devour him - but finds resolve and enters super kick ass mode - fighting his way - this will happen about 2/3 or 3/4 way into the film. Then he eventually gets to the boss and they have their showdown and then it's the end of the film.

Just an idea - we need to get some ideas floating around.

A possible opening scene for the movie:

FADE IN:

INT. Dark paramilitary base on mars.

An enhanced version of the brooding and ominous music from the DOOM game, EPISODE 1 MISSION 2 starts to play, setting the scene which is dark and suspenseful. The camera moves slowly through the thick BLACK as we hear the painful scream of a marine get eaten by a demon, the faint but distinct sound of his bones being crushed between the demon's huge and powerful jaws. A live electrical wire that has been chewed through by an imp flickers in the darkness and we see the rough outline of the imp scurry off, hardly phased from the electrical current. More muffled screams and some faint grunts. The sound of very faint THUMP, THUMP, footsteps, 4 per second, of a Demon. The signature sound of the DOOM game Door opening and the infamous hiss of an imp. Imp screams, clawing, marine scream, then silence. (beat) Door closes. Silence, the camera still moving slowly in, turns slowly to where the sounds were coming from.

A low growl from behind. The camera stops moving. (beat) Swings around to see the jaws of a Demon wide open in the dim light roar, and then come crashing shut.

CUT TO:

no man, Ice Cube's cool.
One of the few rappers who deserve any respect... and he has mine.
He's in a lot of bad movies. :)
Friday's a hoot!

Mel Gibson

No offence, but what ARE you smoking?
Mel Gibson is a girl charmer - but he sucks as a badass.
If Bruce Willis wasn't so old, I'd pick him without hesitation.
Hm, maybe I'd pick him anyway - he's the only actor that actually LOOKS like the Doomguy.

They need to find some guy who is five feet tall and runs one hundred and thirty seven miles per hour for the doomguy, it's the only way it can be accurate.

Duker900 said:

They need to find some guy who is five feet tall and runs one hundred and thirty seven miles per hour for the doomguy, it's the only way it can be accurate.

It's getting based off of Doom 3 mate - I don't remember seeing anyone run that fast in that game from what we've seen so far.

Duker900 said:

John Woo's Doom...

LOL, John Woo. Classic! I don't think they should use any established actor. Give us someone we haven't seen before, some one under 45 years old....

Bruce Campbell - He's fought demons with a chainsaw-for-a-right-hand and a sawed-off double-barrel boomstick. Why not?

...then again, Brucie's gettin' up there...

DesertEagle said:

Bruce Campbell - He's fought demons with a chainsaw-for-a-right-hand and a sawed-off double-barrel boomstick. Why not?

Because it'd remind me of the Doom Comic - the Doom comic with better catch phrases, but the Doom comic nonetheless.

I say Bruce Willis - Vin Diesel as a last resort.