Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

PC Gamer

I don't know how many of you get PCG, but for those of you who don't, here's a little bit of Doom III info you missed:

The Games We Know Are Coming...
There are some games we just know (or is that believe, or even unadulterated hope?) are coming out in 2003, but the pesky game makers are keeping their lips sealed up tight on the who, what, where, and how. Here are some of the biggest that no one's talking about right now:

DOOM III
WHAT WE KNOW: id's bloody head-ripping ode to space marines everywhere made a huge impression on us at this year's E3. Unfortunately, these two amazing new screens are all we could pry out of 'em (for now, anyway). [The two screenshots being the ones recently released.]
REASON THEY WON'T TALK: It takes at least two months to translate John Carmack's explanations of the 3D rendering technology into a language normal humans can understand.

Well there is is. Also on that list; Half Life 2, The Matrix, Max Payne 2 and Quake IV. If anyone want's the quake info, let me know and I'll post it up.

dsm said:

Gimme some Q4 info.

Sure, here you go:

Quake IV
WHAT WE KNOW: Raven's sequel to the best known-FPS franchise on the planet will use the Doom III engine... and that's about all we know (though a strong single-player game is promised).
REASON THEY WON'T TALK: Don't expect to here much about Quake IV until Doom III has its day. Raven can't spill the beans befor id does.

Most of this stuff we already know, I agree, but it's the most reliable recent stuff

REASON THEY WON'T TALK: Don't expect to here much about Quake IV until Doom III has its day. Raven can't spill the beans befor id does.

Well that makes sense :)