Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jannak

One Fringe Horror realization I made about Doom....

You know the more wads and megawads you make, it's essentially Doomguy trapped in hell for all eternity four episodes or 32+ maps in a time which they have different settings but the outcomes are always the same, fighting against Demons who are 'tormenting' him in constant war or a one-man battle for all eternity (War is Hell...Get it?) eversince he 'died' all the way back in E1M8 at Phobos Anomaly of Knee Deep of the Dead.

Get it?

Edited by Jannak

15 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Yup, Doomguy is stuck in Hell. The longer he stays there, the more fun we all have at his expense! :-)

For all Time and Eternity....

Basically Doom can be simply read off as a clever "Eternity in Hell" simulator due to the endless supply of wads available moreso than any game in existence and they're ever growing in a much faster rate ensuring that.

Edited by Jannak

Or maybe it goes a bit differently. What if Doomguy died in E1M8, fought the demons, escaped Hell, returned to Earth, saved humanity, sent demons back to Hell, like the plot says in the iwads. And demons become enraged, because they failed in killing a single man, so they launch multiple attacks against Doomguy, that all fail miserably. This way Doomguy can have a break once in a while and live as a somewhat normal person, after each invasion ends. Imagine Doomguy though, doing paperwork (he is bored of that), when he: a) grabs the paper and starts the Rip and Tear or b) wishes for an invasion from Hell to happen and in that case, he will pick the pistol he has under his desk and go pay the demons a little visit. Plus, he will avenge his dead marine friends from throughout the iwads for the 900th time.

P.S.: Doomguy was a simple man and he would have died a long time ago, if it weren't for his encounter with Terry. Legend has it that everyone who fighted Terry either got offended and commited suicide or was r**ed to death. Not Doomguy though. He was the last man standing from this duel. And by seeing his courage, the Doomgods (Romero, Carmack, e.t.c.) decided to reward him with the gift of eternal life, which ended up being more of a curse, because he is now the last line of Earth's defence against Hell and his soul is forever trapped in this meaningless fight.

Maybe the last part of the theory wasn't needed, because Doomguy would go to Hell either way, if he died again and escape it with ease. And the circle keeps spinning afterwards.

The journey never ends.

And the city maps in megawads are illusions set in place by the demons to fuck with doomguys head, allowing him to think that he is back home when he never left Hell.

1 hour ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

r**ed 

...did you censor rape, or is this some new word?

I don't think anyone in Doom wants to torment anyone. My vision is that a long time ago both doomguy and the monsters realized that they are stuck with each other forever and there is no point in hating as it won't change anything. So now they are just trying to entertain each other by fighting since it's more fun than just not doing anything. But there are no ill feelings involved, only strong mutual respect. They fight to give each other a reason to live.

The demons are the ones stuck in an infinite nightmare. Sure they can coordinate a bit more and eliminate him without a problem.. But nah they wait to die at his hand over and over, Maybe the demon's version of self flagellation.. 

12 hours ago, Tracer said:

...did you censor rape, or is this some new word?

Censored rape. Wasn't sure if it was ok to put in the text, but whatever.

10 hours ago, Memfis said:

I don't think anyone in Doom wants to torment anyone. My vision is that a long time ago both doomguy and the monsters realized that they are stuck with each other forever and there is no point in hating as it won't change anything. So now they are just trying to entertain each other by fighting since it's more fun than just not doing anything. But there are no ill feelings involved, only strong mutual respect. They fight to give each other a reason to live.

No, what really happened is after DOOM II, both DoomGuy and the monsters realized they are stuck with each other forever so they become best friends.

Doomguy knows that he's only one who can deal with hell,so he sacrificed himself in eternal loop to protect people and himself. Sometimes he fails,sometimes he wins. I don't think that hell is friendly to him,both sides are tired of each other,so they fight because they sometimes forget why they doing this. I see Doom as different timelines with different stories told through wads and megawads. Maybe, I just dig way too deep,but that's how thinking works. 

Doomguy is a demon too. He's trapped all of us into a WAD-making, engine building, game-playing hell for all eternity...