Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Solo project - Maps of Inebriation

I've decided to make this a solo project now.

Key stuff for this:

• Doom II, Boom limit removing
  • Small to medium sized maps , with medium to medium-high difficulty and difficulty settings.
  • Custom music will be used.
  • Single and co-op
  • Some form of inebriation during any stages of building, being either alcohol or caffeine.

See here for my first map, but older screenshots: 

Edited by Glaice : Now a solo project

Please see every abyssal map I have done since session 12.

I think session 24 was the only one I did sober.

People map without alcohol or drugs!?

I struggle to think of a map I made while not stoned, other than the stuff I made as a kid in like 2005 and prior. It would be funny if some more people released drunken maps.

42 minutes ago, Job said:

Does ODing on coffee count under etcetera?

Being wired can count, yes.

Also, another screenshot of the first map:

And a titlepic:

Other resources accrued so far: Intermission graphic & music, CONBACK, M_DOOM, skill names, map skull icon and title music.
Edited by Glaice

Don't worry @Glaice, I feel like a few of us have had a similar idea at some point.  

Though, I'd like to see a more rigorously ruled drinking-game, like, for example:

1) Start: You must drink 2 drinks up to 1 hour before you start mapping.

2) You have 1 hour to complete your speedmap.

3) You may drink an additional drink, after you have started mapping, to extend your total allowed mapping time by 30 minutes.

Disclaimer: Because alcohol is a drug with consequences if used irresponsibly, discretion is advised, no one should feel compelled or feel pressured to participate in such a game. <also, insert surgeon general warning here, etc. etc.>

So, uh, every single one of my released maps to some degree? :P

The only parts I force myself to do while sober are monster/items placement.

I'd love to contribute, but I'm getting a bit sick of Boom compatibility. We'll see down the road. Or I might try what NoisyVelvet said.

uhh here's a map I guess.

I followed by drinking gameidea, but after 5 drinks, I decided it was better to fall asleep instead of pushing through it.  I ended up with an unfinished map with 45 minutes on the mapping clock to spare.

I spent a couple hours finishing up the map today, sober.

zip includes both maps for reference.  If this silly project doesn't take off, I will probably find a home for my map elsewhere.

I just finished my first map and I'll take a look at the level, NoisyVelvet. Question, do you have a map title for it?

That and messing around with custom skies from Ke's Box o' Skies v2: 

Edited by Glaice

I have no title or music.  but let me spend a few moments to think... how bout Booze Snooze because of how I made it.  I'm struggling to think of a good name that describes the map itself, even after googling names of green drinks.

How bout "Booze Snooze", or maybe "Booze Snooze in Brown Town" which squeezes in an extra rhyme but sacrifices simplicity.  Whichever one sounds better to you, pick that one.

If you want me to find a midi myself, I can do that too.  Otherwise, it's up to you.

The titles don't need to be alcohol related, and yea that would work if you can find a midi (but I do have one chosen in line tho).

My first map is titled "Outpost 11".

On 5/21/2017 at 7:05 AM, TMD said:

People map without alcohol or drugs!?

Yes, every single one.

The main gimmick is to map while inebriated by some sort and finish it when sober (or optionally, inebriated again). I already implemented the main gimmick via graphics and intro/inter music.

Good evening.  I'm drunk but don't have my computer with me.  But I'm sending you thoughts and prayers.

God bless.

See you next week.

Okay, good night.

About four years ago I attempted to make a functional level within three hours and without my glasses on. You know, for the Twitch mob. I sat at a distance that made the screen a blurry mess and would lean in only to make sure all the dots were properly connected, or that the things were actually inside the playing area.

CONS1_1 does not make for a very good structural flat, basically.

I got a headache.

How drunk are we talking? Because if you're just a bit inebriated, then you're just being you.

11 hours ago, printz said:

How drunk are we talking? Because if you're just a bit inebriated, then you're just being you.

Just enough to feel it, I'm not talking shitfaced drunk or anything. Just enough that it starts to affect you personally.

I've had some afterthoughts now to demote my project from community project to solo project. @NoisyVelvet, you're free to do what you want with your map now.

Edited by Glaice

Yea, I used the wrong name because of N in the name lol