Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elderdragonbrasil

Speed Mapping Mega Wad! Update 2017-06-19

Hi, people!

I have started a Doom Speed Mapping series on my channel, where every week I'll be doing a map in less than 2 hours. After each week, a new episode, doing a new map, then I give a link with the Wad. It will be a 32 episodes per season - of course, to do a full mega wad - with simple and small maps. Every old map will suffer updates, to fix textures, receive new areas, etc.

To play this Wad, you need GZDoom. 

LAST EDIT: Episode 6 is online!

1st Level: Done on May, 13th - updated June, 13th - More rooms! :D

2nd Level: Done on May, 20th - This one is tougher, with Revenants, Cacodemons and some challeging parts. Updated June, 13th - Just a little polishment.

3rd Level: Done on May, 27th - Mancubus came to say hello! :D - Updated June, 4th - Added more rooms and monster and polished the map.

4th Level: Done on June, 4th - Tough central area, with big areas. Casual players should play HMP or easier difficulty. Updated June, 13th - Add more secrets and polishment

5th Level: Done on June, 13th - Big and beautiful central area, with four bridges. 

6th Level: Done on June, 19th - A huge cavern with 4 rivers of toxicity! Prepare to die easy here!

The channel use portuguese as main language (Brazilian channel), but you can watch the process of making the maps if you want. 

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD THE LAST UPDATE: (With 6 complete levels)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw9ivp740vefm50/ElderFMSemana06.wad?dl=0

59487f8cd1bf9_gzdoom2017-06-1922-48-01-44.jpg.93dcc5eef5c5e7688ca8156b5e3c1669.jpg

59487f5cbaf25_gzdoom2017-06-1922-47-22-89.jpg.179af362ee3e138ee5c22cc317c1b69e.jpg

59487fabad655_gzdoom2017-06-1922-48-22-51.jpg.8a628375e37a43924902398526544b38.jpg

59487fc72d1f5_gzdoom2017-06-1922-49-32-88.jpg.8243467669ac187e3347be25e3059449.jpg

Edited by elderdragonbrasil : Update the info, the Wad, and add photos

Pretty cool stuff, dude! Keep it up- use this time to play with restrictions, new textures, and to improve your mapping! Few suggestions/observations.

-I'd recommend using Boom format for the rest of these, makes it more accessible for demo recording and playing for a lot of users.

-Work on your ammo usage more, it was pretty tight in MAP02.

-and like I said, play around with different restrictions, maybe set each speedmap of the week on a theme or area for improvement, maybe a gimmick or two

From what I played though, it has a promising start!

27 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Pretty cool stuff, dude! Keep it up- use this time to play with restrictions, new textures, and to improve your mapping! Few suggestions/observations.

-I'd recommend using Boom format for the rest of these, makes it more accessible for demo recording and playing for a lot of users.

-Work on your ammo usage more, it was pretty tight in MAP02.

-and like I said, play around with different restrictions, maybe set each speedmap of the week on a theme or area for improvement, maybe a gimmick or two

From what I played though, it has a promising start!

Yes, I have to agree about the ammo usage//monster encounter on MAP 02. When I've finished the map on the channel (If you watch the video, you'll see), I have to put to fast the monsters. Next week, I'll fix the challenge on the second map and place that waterfall texture. It is beatable, but I don't want a second map so tough!

4th map is ready and online!

I am uploading the new video, and soon I will upload some new photos of the maps.

Map 04 is bigger than the other three, and much tougher, but nothing extreme. I beat it with plenty of life, but beware with your ammo!

Edited by elderdragonbrasil

Your wad may be very cool to play with mods. I will try it when it will be finished. :D

But , you should use GzdoomBuilder instead of Doom builder 2 , GZDB a lot of useful features that DB2 has not.

On 13/06/2017 at 8:52 AM, Roofi said:

Your wad may be very cool to play with mods. I will try it when it will be finished. :D

But , you should use GzdoomBuilder instead of Doom builder 2 , GZDB a lot of useful features that DB2 has not.

When I return from my trip, I will download GZDoom Builder to study it.

Finally, new episode! Now we have 6 complete maps!

This time, I didn't change anything in the last maps.

I have changed the photos to show de improvements :)