Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Celebrating Pac-Man's 37th anniversary

That's one bland looking statue. The least they can do is paint it. Did they really need a Kickstarter for this? PacMan is the same age as Bart Simpson.

God, I hate Pacman's modern design. Why can't they make an HD remaster of Pac-man or something? Another "Pacman 256" thing would be much better than this trite.

37 isn't a particularly special number. A 40th anniversary is a much bigger deal.

2 hours ago, DoctorGenesis said:

God, I hate Pacman's modern design. Why can't they make an HD remaster of Pac-man or something? Another "Pacman 256" thing would be much better than this trite.

Video games take time to make. Statues... get an artist or a 3D modeler. They could have just used a model from a previous 3D game.

PacMan 256 is awesome though.

1 hour ago, chungy said:

37 isn't a particularly special number. A 40th anniversary is a much bigger deal.

yeah, i was going to say, an odd number like this seems like a weird choice to celebrate. i'm sure there'll be something special planned for the 40th anniversary. it IS their biggest IP, right?

9 hours ago, roadworx said:

so, what'll they do on his 256th anniversary?

Nothing, because he'll be public domain by then unless Disney can change things. That reminds me... time to make a Wizard of Oz game.

5 hours ago, geo said:

Nothing, because he'll be public domain by then unless Disney can change things. That reminds me... time to make a Wizard of Oz game.

FUN FACT: Felix the Cat is supposed to be public domain in 2019, but Dreamworks recently purchased rights to the IP!

Film rights or all the rights? By that logic Disney could make a new shell company, sell that company Mickey then Disney can buy it back.

Ah, Pac-Man. My mom was apparently very good at that game when she was younger. 

Statue is bland, and looks especially weird in the video when you can see the design it's based on in full color. Pac-Man is too much of a legend for such dullness. 

1 hour ago, geo said:

Film rights or all the rights? By that logic Disney could make a new shell company, sell that company Mickey then Disney can buy it back.

All rights.