Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HyperLuke

How often do you check Doomworld?

I usually check Doomworld at least once a day, as well as other services and forums, such as Zdoom forums, email, Youtube, reddit, etc. 

Sometimes when I come back from a holiday or a camp that goes for more than 4 days, I see at least half a dozen new and exciting projects revealed, with download links. 

Is it better to be engaged in the forum, or to sit back and watch stuff happen, contributing occasionally for a release, or for discussion? 

I want to hear your thoughts.

On a slow day, maybe 20 times or more, just to glance at updates. When I'm busy, once, maybe twice a day.

At least once a day, but only to see specific threads that I'm interested. Sometimes I enter more than 5 times. I don't think it's really necessary to enter everyday since this is a forum about a game. It depends on each one, in my case I like to contribute and share opinions as soon as the threads are created or while they are in the first page. 

Several times a day depending if I'm on my PC or not...which is pretty much the time I'm not working /sleeping.

Yeah I have no fucking life kill me

At least once a day, depending on how many breaks I take from mapping/doing whatever other boring things I do all day.

I've noticed that the general section in the ZDoom forums is kinda inactive, so I haven't checked that much.

Like any good cook, it depends on many pots I'm stirring on a given day :O)

Depends in what's going on otherwise. When I was doing the RNG grind on NG2 map 10, I looked around here inbetween a set of every 5-10 runs or so...

Daily, about a couple times every hour or so while I'm up. Usually on my PC, sometimes on my phone. 

Far too often. It's my most visited site according to Chrome's frequently-accessed-sites list.

I generally check once or twice a day, unless i've uploaded a new map, in which case I check it quite frequently for updates.

Every few days. I'm kind of out of the loop at the moment but I still want to check in in case something major happens.

5 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Depends in what's going on otherwise. When I was doing the RNG grind on NG2 map 10, I looked around here inbetween a set of every 5-10 runs or so...

NG means Newgothic Movement 2?

I guess when you're doing difficult stuff, you need to do something for a change...

I was doing Sunder Map04 today. It took me like 20+ attempts to finish once. Every 5+ deaths, I just didn't want to continue. However, after like 1 minute looked around here, I decided to try again. After joining recently, I found that there are so many stuffs to read, which is quite fun to do.

2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

NG means Newgothic Movement 2?

yup...

The map in question actually isn't too difficult, if you ask me. But it's a pain to grind it for fast UVmaxes, because of how much you need to rely on infight RNG doing a chunk of the work for you. The variance is... Not nice... To say the least.

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

yup...

The map in question actually isn't too difficult, if you ask me. But it's a pain to grind it for fast UVmaxes, because of how much you need to rely on infight RNG doing a chunk of the work for you. The variance is... Not nice... To say the least.

Totally understand... I may try that map just to experience.

Probably Arch-viles are the main problems for RNG? Sadly there are so many WADs that I want to play but they're just beyond my skill level... Completing some of the maps in UV-max feels good enough for me. My times always suck, but I'm happy that I made a step forward :)

Reporter: was that doomworld real? 

Me:*stoner smile* 

If I have access to my phone and nothing else is really going on, I'm probably browsing Doomworld

On a daily basis, at least once.

DW is like Facebook to me, I keep re-visiting Homepage to see if anything interesting pops out, whether a thread or a status update.