Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

3 Heures d'agonie 3 demos [-complevel 2]

DSDA page aka 3ha3 // 3ha3.wad

Post your demos for 3 Heures d'agonie 3 here. 3 Heures d'agonie 3 is a vanilla-compatible mapset by the French Doom community (and also Memfis :D). The suggested naming convention is 3h3XY-ZZZ.lmp, where XY is the map number and ZZZ is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM (n), fast (f), tyson (t), pacifist (p), nomo (o), or psychotic logger* (pl).

*Chainsaw-only Tyson, while holding down fire for the entire run.

-- 

Map 05 UV-Max in 1:02 

3h305-102.zip

Map 18 UV-Max in 2:36

3h318-236.zip

Edited by Maribo

1:02, you could save some time by activating the lift back to the start area before shooting a few more rockets, no?

2:36, more lift shenanigans (maybe 1-2 secs?), and what is the trigger for the BA secret? i fumbled about on that map in my playthrough and never saw it :o

Good questions. It's sometimes unreliable to think about what could have been done differently relative to a specific run, because things can happen very differently from run to run. Both ledge monster clearances were quite a bit faster than in any other attempt, which is why the lift timing looks slow. In 05, usually at least a few more imps are alive at that point. In 18, the vile unexpectedly had infought and weakened everyone by a bunch. The BA secret is a pushwall. 

Edited by rdwpa

22 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

@Roofi, no time? :D Your map20 run exits in 9:38.

Your run for map32 is marked as complevel -1 on DSDA, but if you'd prefer to play with the normal turning resolution, you can use -longtics at the command line with -complevel 2. That isn't possible in complevel 9 though. 

Sorry, I was too lazy to check what time I did , and thank you for the tip , I will pay more attention next time. ;)

On 23/05/2017 at 8:20 AM, rdwpa said:

Map 18 UV-Max in 2:36

3h318-236.zip

Hmm, for some reason this demo desyncs at ~1:25.
That's too bad. But your route is even better than what I intended :)

cant believe i didnt think to open the exit door on the way back from the RK!

can you come up with something for 07? that map annoys me.

Here you go :)

7 max 4:34

3h307-434.zip

(Not for DSDA!!!)

Would want to polish this a bit first. But rehelekretep you should try to beat this time. 

Edited by rdwpa

3ha305n110.zip

05 NM-speed 1:10

I did a shitty time because of imps stucking me at the end but I don't care. :D

Curious to see if someone can do a max of map 29, an utterly brutal level to say the least^

2 hours ago, Paul977 said:

Curious to see if someone can do a max of map 29, an utterly brutal level to say the least^

It's also worth noting that 3ha2 map 28 hasn't been vanquished either. :)

Map 16 UV-speed in 0:07 :

Map 02 UV-speed in 0:15

Edited by Roofi

40 minutes ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

It's also worth noting that 3ha2 map 28 hasn't been vanquished either. :)

Also worth noting that both mentioned maps that haven't been vanquished are Darkwave maps, heh.

17 minutes ago, Anima Zero said:

Also worth noting that both mentioned maps that haven't been vanquished are Darkwave maps, heh.

Shakes fist impotently at Darkwave0000!

I've managed to complete all maps but 29 and 30 of 3ha3 where the difficulty spikes through the roof. I've been working on 29 to no avail so far. I can manage most of the west side (using a slight trick to trigger the first wave without stepping into the west area) except the part where you drop into the toxic waste and trigger cybie and company. If instead I tackle the east side of the map I can get the rocket launcher. But the next step take you into the east side toxic waste where the red key is located and that is a large killer area packed with mobs in almost every direction. I've not even come close to surviving either of the two areas.

I would very much like to see anyone's demo on 29 that makes any progress in these problem areas (even if they ultimately fail).

I read in another post https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/93359-3-heures-dagonie-3-finally-final/?do=findComment&comment=1735798

that Dime managed to survive maps 29 and 30 on a twtichtv session. The content does not seem to be around any longer unfortunately.

I made it to the BFG twice.  There are strategies on all of the previous areas that aren't too hard.  Occasionally you can get trapped or the archviles don't behave.  You don't have enough ammo to just blast your way through.  Those PEs are annoying in the first areas.  The Cyberdemon pit isn't too bad, he lowers quickly and isn't in a good mood.  You have to hide by him, then flee to the chaingunners.  Plan on taking 60 damage and just get on the lift.  Once on the lift, he can't hurt you unless he is far away.   He will kill all the revenents for you, then jump down and plasma gun him to death.  Obviously, you need to have the previous area cleared to do this comfortably.  

Anyway, once you get to the rk/bfg, you have to get lucky... like real lucky(at least for someone at my skill level).  You don't have enough cells to blast a hole to the dropdown switch and then escape on the other side through the drop down.  The viles are too far away for anything but a TAS run to get them to pop you back out the entrance.  There is nowhere to hide, too few cells and rockets, and the ssg doesn't pack enough punch to clear a path.  If the rear archviles weren't there, I'd say it would be doable for me, but you can't hide there as it is.  Ironically, the safest place to be might be behind the 2 Cybers, but that is not the wisest approach, I'd say.  An invulnerability would work wonders as it would give you the 30 seconds you desperately need to make some space.  I don't think the exit area is too bad... the safest bet would be to let the Cybers infight the Revenents then cross your fingers to run passed the viles to the right teleporter.  Once out, the cleanup would be nothing.   It's a shame the stairs disappear, you can strafe back to the start area easily.   I'm awaiting Roofi's demo!

Thanks for the tips. The cyber pit is definitely easier than the east side but my success rate is still like 33% there. The cyber seems to spot me right away with no real hide time, the best I can do is a circuit around him sometimes snagging the blue sphere (helps a lot). If I can get by the revenants without taking a rocket in the back then getting into the tower is straightforward, especially if I use the plasma gun on the trash mobs.

I've done the bfg section (using yellow switch to lower the ledge) but not reliably. Snagging the bfg and doing one circuit blasting revenants before taking on the cyber works quite well. In fact I find this area to be easier than the cyber pit and I can succeed more times than not as long as I go in on 100 health and good armor (the blue sphere with the bfg gets you to 200 health)

The red key section seems to be nigh impossible without the bfg. I did try leaving an archvile in the previous section but was unable to collect the red key and get successfully blasted back onto the ledge. Instead I get blasted backwards even though I'm pushing forward (I suck at archvile jumps). The archviles that spawn with collecting the red key are very slow to move most times and can't be relied upon to get you blasted out.

However, the red key section with the bfg is quite doable. I used the following path: Collect red key avoiding cyber rockets and run down to action red switch to lower the megasphere, use one bfg blast to collect the megasphere, do a 180 and run through the bfg area around the right side and start bfg'ing as late as possible to get to the switch that opens the drop down. Finally blast your way back through to the megasphere area and drop out the open window. The only times I failed was when the archviles managed to come down the stairs and get me on my way through.

I'm seeing the most viable path as collecting the yellow key first, then the bfg, then the red key.

I've used cheats and saves to quickly get to each of these areas to try them out in practice. I'm not sure how the ammo situation will pan out in a pistol start run, I note you were left with a shortage of cells going for the dropdown. I'm going to try a pistol start run with saves along the way and see how I go before committing to a successful exit run.

Edited by tmorrow