Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchangelOfHell

DooM E3 2017

I got no problem with VR, but the fact that it's a Doom game using those awkward teleporting controls is perplexing. A Doom VR game sounds awesome on paper, but the tech just isn't there yet.

28 minutes ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

I got no problem with VR, but the fact that it's a Doom game using those awkward teleporting controls is perplexing. A Doom VR game sounds awesome on paper, but the tech just isn't there yet.

But the thing is that this is complete bullshit. I would again like to remind people of Doom 3 BFG VR. The real problem with FPS VR is that it makes too many people motion sick/dizzy.

30 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

But the thing is that this is complete bullshit. I would again like to remind people of Doom 3 BFG VR. The real problem with FPS VR is that it makes too many people motion sick/dizzy.

VR isn't completely out of development though. I'm more than sure HTC and other companies will work to improve these widely popular devices to make the experience more enjoyable.

Well, this certainly looks cool. I know for a fact however we we're almost all awaiting SP or atleast snapmap updated content. Further researching the VFR Doom on Bethesda s forums they noted multiple ways to move, with teleporting fitting into the Doom universe, it only made sense to include it I suppose. Upon further trailer analysis it seems to be some sort of stand alone expansion so to speak, different locations and prop interactions for one that wasn't in Doom 2016. Well see what else pops up when fans get inside the action. I'll keep my hopes for future content this year..

For more info, plot details

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5vMkA0xBtK46KOYO4ueaS6/prepare-for-virtual-carnage-with-doom-vfr

Edited by ArchangelOfHell

I wouldnt really call it a expansion.  More like a  puzzle game with some action in between. 

1 hour ago, Jaxxoon R said:

Apparently they want $30 for this thing.

Hahaha nah mate, play your record.

Bethesda be like

GIMME UR SHEKELS!

I can't believe it, what is that rubbish?

I didn't expect a DLC or sequel now, but a teaser of it. A confirmation that there is something in the pipeline. Apparently they went and did something else they will want another $40 for with the SAME content we already have. This is worse than blizzard charging for the necromancer character.

I can't believe it, I'm in shock right now.

IDK. It's kinda like the equivalent of Doom 3's spin off mobile game. Its cool see a spin off game of Doom 2016(assuming its a spin off), the video makes it look uncomfortable. And stretchy.

39 minutes ago, Voros said:

IDK. It's kinda like the equivalent of Doom 3's spin off mobile game. Its cool see a spin off game of Doom 2016(assuming its a spin off), the video makes it look uncomfortable. And stretchy.

and unneccessary, unwanted, ugly .... many other adjectives I can think of.

7 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

I didn't expect a DLC or sequel now, but a teaser of it.

Disagree. This press conference totally met my expectations ;-), although I'd like to see additional SP stuff.

Right now we don't know what id Softwares Team is working on beside Quake. I'd say thats a good sign because Bethesda announces DLCs quite early but full games only a few months before their actual release. If I'm right on this id Software is working on a SP game right now, maybe even Doom 2 :-).

On 12/6/2017 at 4:37 PM, Zemini said:

Well apparently Id never got that memo because they just made MP DLC for it.  So yes they either can't handle making more, or just don't know what to do.

As for VFR;  I read about it and it does make some sense because you play as a robot and not the doom guy.  Still though, it isn't a real Doom 2016 game.  I think it would of been better if you played as a scientists doing experiments and excursions into hell - all happening prior to the the big incident.

id didn't work on the DLC and the way DLC generally works for video games is that development for it begins months before the original game is finished. It was already promised with the paid season pass so it's not like they would cancel it.

1 hour ago, MrSkeltal said:

id didn't work on the DLC and the way DLC generally works for video games is that development for it begins months before the original game is finished. It was already promised with the paid season pass so it's not like they would cancel it.

Still, all those beautiful maps wasted on mediocre MP maps...Disappointing.

13 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

I didn't expect a DLC or sequel now, but a teaser of it. A confirmation that there is something in the pipeline. Apparently they went and did something else they will want another $40 for with the SAME content we already have. This is worse than blizzard charging for the necromancer character.

I can't believe it, I'm in shock right now.

Told ya!

iD is itching to release Doom 2017 with 24 levels and follow up with next year's 32 level Doom 2018. It all makes sense since iD and EA both have 2 letter company names indicating their short development cycles that allows them to release each and every year.

The real issue is the poor composer just can't keep up with yearly Doom releases. They're waiting on him and him alone. Sure they could hire more than one composer, but why bother paying 2 when 1 is good enough? Dozens of artists, dozens of programmers, dozens of marketeers but only one lone lost soul slaving away on the next Nine Inch Nails inspired soundtrack.

10 minutes ago, geo said:

iD is itching to release Doom 2017 with 24 levels and follow up with next year's 32 level Doom 2018. It all makes sense since iD and EA both have 2 letter company names indicating their short development cycles that allows them to release each and every year.

The real issue is the poor composer just can't keep up with yearly Doom releases. They're waiting on him and him alone. Sure they could hire more than one composer, but why bother paying 2 when 1 is good enough? Dozens of artists, dozens of programmers, dozens of marketeers but only one lone lost soul slaving away on the next Nine Inch Nails inspired soundtrack.

I WANT SONIC MAYHEM TO DO THE NEXT DOOM OST.

I would certainly like to see what a Doomworld musician, alongside Mick Gordon, would do for the next Doom's OST. Heh.

On 6/15/2017 at 1:10 AM, Voros said:

I would certainly like to see what a Doomworld musician, alongside Mick Gordon, would do for the next Doom's OST. Heh.

I would jump on that opportunity in an instant.

On 15.6.2017 at 4:25 AM, geo said:

Not to say I don't understand your concerns, but I have a hard time believing that DOOM will become the next CoD. id's been known to take their time with each new game they develop instead of pushing out annual games with recycled assets, and I trust that to continue even now despite most of the original team having moved on. I could be wrong, though - and if I am, my only hope is that the work ethic at id doesn't suffer because of it.

19 hours ago, StevieCybernetik said:

I would jump on that opportunity in an instant.

That's a inspirational ass comment. I think I'm going to write some Doom (5?) music today..,

On 5/27/2017 at 1:18 AM, Linguica said:

If I had control over Snapmap for Doom 5, I would focus on two main things[...]

I know this is two pages old, but I'd add to that to let you turn the lights off in any modules...that's something that's still not in SnapMap, to turn off the lights that are pre-placed and fade out with distance, not pre-baked ones like the orange around the first modules...oh, and allow getting and setting the player's velocity like ZDoom's GetActorVel-functions.

Did they ever "fix" (or change, depending how you look at it) Snapmap using the multiplayer's movement settings where strafing is slower than moving forward? I want to say no, but it's a hard thing to get a feel of.

Better modding support.

Because i really want a Chuper Chotgun on Doom 4.

9 hours ago, TDRR said:

Better modding support.

Because i really want a Chuper Chotgun on Doom 4.

Uh...but there is?

A more accurate description: "You got the Chuper Chotgun, one barrel is chuper broken, sweet!" Basically when you fire it, you do a 180 degree spin and then, you put the chuper chewed shells in, which takes some time.

Or the rusty chotgun, that has you pull the trigger a lot until you hit the small chance of it firing, once it fires, it does a LOT of damage, killing a Cyberdemon in 1 hit.