Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outrageous Videos

What's The Most Enjoyable Way To Play Slaughtermaps

Most of the servers I've been on flame you if you don't take 500% the time needed to beat the map ensuring every single imp is turned into a pulp of bones andd blood, Those servers that force rushing sound amazing to me!

22 minutes ago, Ancalagon said:

Until you join a real surv server and people just rush everything.

Idk if it's still toxic now, but I remember running Chillax with you back in the day and then you raging and leaving whenever some kids would run in and trigger everything. Nobody seems to respect their elders anymore. 

I most enjoy playing slaughter wads (yes I can enjoy them) with a gameplay mod. I typically like playing them with D4D since you can just be so overpowered, and the monsters are tougher and somewhat more dynamic, and it makes the level set fun as shit. The high monster count also means more points for upgrades.

3 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

I most enjoy playing slaughter wads (yes I can enjoy them) with a gameplay mod. I typically like playing them with D4D since you can just be so overpowered, and the monsters are tougher and somewhat more dynamic, and it makes the level set fun as shit. The high monster count also means more points for upgrades.

Reminds me of the old DiB servers with those ridiculously OP weapon mods with unlimited ammo. Pick up the BFG (which was just a heart that you poked at) and just hold down the mouse button. Although because of the amount of monsters, it still had its fair share of difficulty and the maps had very cool designs.

So many anime avatars for a Doom forum giving advice on how to play slaughter maps.

8 minutes ago, stru said:

Idk if it's still toxic now, but I remember running Chillax with you back in the day and then you raging and leaving whenever some kids would run in and trigger everything. Nobody seems to respect their elders anymore. 

Am pretty sure people were intentionally starting traps because they think themselves funny, No way in hell someone reads don't do A 20 times and still accidentally does it over and over. Imo only way to play something like survival chillax is a whitelist server but then it is even harder to get players. (Not like it matters when most of them die instantly or waste my time afking by a door while holding fire on bfg\rl)

15 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Am pretty sure people were intentionally starting traps because they think themselves funny, No way in hell someone reads don't do A 20 times and still accidentally does it over and over. Imo only way to play something like survival chillax is a whitelist server but then it is even harder to get players. (Not like it matters when most of them die instantly or waste my time afking by a door while holding fire on bfg\rl)

Usually when this happens, we'd be able to single out the culprit and kick them right away. It was a real PITA though. Most of the players were competent enough to follow instructions from the more experienced. Idc if they were trash players or not because I wasn't great either, but if you follow instructions and get some damage in without fucking up the map, it's a big contribution to the team. I miss those days. AFAIK, the servers are dead and everyone's caught up in Complex/LCA. 

39 minutes ago, geo said:

So many anime avatars for a Doom forum giving advice on how to play slaughter maps.

Waifu on the outside, rip and tear on the inside. 

59 minutes ago, stru said:

Chillax is a different case as rushing mindlessly can kill the map for everyone else or turn the map into a 1 hour grindfest, or the case in map47 where you can break the map making it impossible to finish.

It wasn't the best experience needing to wait an hour before the last guy dies so 12 could join then someone immediately votes that stupid map16\ starts some deadly as hell trap that is placed right at the start of the map, then only one\two survive and decide it is time to hog the server for an hour.

4 minutes ago, Pegg said:

It wasn't the best experience needing to wait an hour before the last guy dies so 12 could join then someone immediately votes that stupid map16\ starts some deadly as hell trap that is placed right at the start of the map, then only one\two survive and decide it is time to hog the server for an hour.

That's why I usually hang back for a little bit until someone like Ancalagon takes out the start ;) Or in the three lives server, I'll hold my RIP for a few moments and then respawn when I feel it's safe to do so so infighting will take over. Even if I rip out early, I enjoy shitposting as a dead guy while cheering the last few guys on to finish the map. 

3 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

Until you join a real surv server and people just rush everything.

That doesn't happen so often though, people usually die few times then realize their mistakes and start working together.

2 hours ago, geo said:

Waifu is laifu.

9 hours ago, geo said:

I honestly don't know what this is supposed to mean. 

10 hours ago, geo said:

to be fair, I'd trust someone on this subject if they had an elfin lied avatar or something.

(i wouldn't trust a nanoha avatar though since their strat would probably involve trying to make friends with the monsters after beating the crap out of them)

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

I honestly don't know what this is supposed to mean. 

Its fun to type things.

I see it like gaining territory in a war. If the starting area is full of monsters, then I try to clear it as best I can to establish a foothold. Then, I use that land I just gained to take cover from enemies in the next area, holding my ground and killing any that try to come in as priority targets, in addition to the usual priorities (Archviles than hitscanners then Revenants then the rest). Of course, if I can get them all to infight, then I'll just duck behind the corner and wait until I can't hear their sounds of pain anymore, still killing any that try to come in on me of course.

LOAD IT WITH CONTRA DOOM. 1 HP AND 2 LIVES ONLY. FREAKING HARDCORE.

EDIT: ALSO LISTEN TO EXTREME DEATH METAL IN THE BACKGROUND WITH FULL BASS.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:35 AM, Pegg said:

Am pretty sure people were intentionally starting traps because they think themselves funny.

God I hate those kinds of people. They're so rude and they always say obnoxious shit in the chat "I DID YOUR MOM XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD".